Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edius 9.54 Won't Start...troubleshooting steps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius 9.54 Won't Start...troubleshooting steps?

Hi!

Edius X is running great on my system but Edius 9.54.6706 is now crashing on startup.

I tried my usual basic software troubleshooting fixes like a computer restart and uninstalling and reinstalling Edius 9.54.

Still it refuses to run.

The Edius Pro 9 Plus Jump WW is active in my GV Licence Manager.

I did make a System Crash Report which is attached but I'm not sure what to look at.

Can anybody point me to troubleshooting steps or suggest how to get Edius 9.54 to run?

Gratitude!
    Attached Files
    Cory Bretz
    Heirloom Films and Storybooks
    www.heirloomfilms.ca
    Life Stories & Family History

MSI GT75 Laptop with i7-8750H 2.2GHz Hexa 6 Core processor, 48GB Ram, 256GB SSD + 2 TB NVME, GeForce® GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5X & 2 LG IPS235 monitors, Thunderbolt™ 3 & 6TB G-Drive, Edius Pro 10, NewBlueFX Titler Pro 7, VisTitle 2.6, Windows 10 Home Ver 21H1 and an army of teeny tiny video editing faeries.

is the EDIUS9 folder excluded from any anti virus?

delete the following folder and then see if EDIUS9 starts
    C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Grass Valley\EDIUS\9.00

if it still fails, restore the folder and come back for more

Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Thanks Anton!
      Yes all Edius folders including Edius 9 folder excluded from antivirus.
      I deleted C:\Users\Cory\AppData\Roaming\Grass Valley\EDIUS\9.00 and then tried starting Edius 9 but it still crashed on start up.
      Any more ideas?
      I appreciate your knowledge and help.
      Cory Bretz
      www.heirloomfilms.ca

MSI GT75 Laptop with i7-8750H 2.2GHz Hexa 6 Core processor, 48GB Ram, 256GB SSD + 2 TB NVME, GeForce® GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5X & 2 LG IPS235 monitors, Thunderbolt™ 3 & 6TB G-Drive, Edius Pro 10, NewBlueFX Titler Pro 7, VisTitle 2.6, Windows 10 Home Ver 21H1 and an army of teeny tiny video editing faeries.

Comment

ok, now delete the following folder and see if it starts
        C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Grass Valley\EDIUS\9.00

if not, restore this folder and come back for the next step
        Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Thanks Anton.

I tried that step again, deleting C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Grass Valley\EDIUS\9.00
          I attempted to start Edius9 but it crashed again.

I did notice that it created a fresh 9.00 folder in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Grass Valley\EDIUS as it tried to start but it still crashed.
          I restored the original 9.00 folder.

Next step?

Much gratitude for your help.
          Cory Bretz
          www.heirloomfilms.ca

Comment

ok, now lets move to the plugins folder

delete all third party plugins and folders and see if it starts

if yes, restore one at a time until it fails to start again
            Anton Strauss

Comment

Moving them to a folder would be better if you need to restore them.

Also if you had linked to a vst folder rename that folder so it is unlinked temporarily.

Some Vst plugs can make EDIUS crash at startup.
              Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
              EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

Okay...that last step helped Anton and Steve.
                Thanks.

When I delete the NewBlueFX folder out of the /plugins folder Edius9 runs again!
                So that means that something must be wrong with my installations of NewBlueFX Titler Pro.

What I need is a functional Edius9 with NewBlueFX Titler Pro and Vistitle 2.6.
                I checked. Vistitle works fine in Edius9.

I have Titler Pro 7 for Edius X installed and running perfectly.

I own a license for Titler Pro 6 Ultimate which I was using in Edius8 before I upgraded.

Currently my NewBlueFX App Manager says Titler Pro 6 Ultimate is not installed.
                See attached screen grab.
                Maybe that's the problem?

If I click Install for Titler Pro 6 Ultimate will it conflict with Titler Pro 7 For Edius in any way?

I'm so glad you kind folks helped me get to the bottom of this!

Thanks!!
                Attached Files
                Cory Bretz
                www.heirloomfilms.ca

Comment

Okay I got this problem with Titler Pro 7 for Edius and Edius 9 crashing figured out!!

In another forum post (sorry I can't recall which one) I saw someone recommend this:
                  "Copy the contents of C:\Program Files\Grass Valley\EDIUS X\PlugIn\NewBlueFX to C:\Program Files\Grass Valley\EDIUS 9\PlugIn\NewBlueFX".

I did that and now both Edius 9 and Edius X run fine and Titler Pro 7 works in both.

Problem solved. What a relief!

Thanks to all who shared their advice.
                  Cory Bretz
                  www.heirloomfilms.ca

Comment

Working...
                  X