edius x problem proxy help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• edius x problem proxy help

Good evening, I recently bought edius X. The proxy is malfunctioning. I have two projects: the first, I did the proxy with edius 9, I open it on edius x, no problem. A new project done on edius X serious problems, the proxy files have the same extension as the clp, that is .mov example: MVI_1630.MOV.proxy.mov I tried to rename everything but without success. I attach photos. Thanks to whoever will save me
    Attached Files
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

in your screenshot, the proxies are being generated, what happens when its done?
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

I have just tried a UHD 25p HDR project and there is about 5 minutes of XAVCI Slog3 on the sequence timeline, and it was quite quick to generate the proxies, about half the media playing time.

Yes the proxies have the extension .proxy and in my case .mxf is after so we have PQRS.proxy.mxf. Those proxy files are placed back in the footage folder.

Yes they have the same start file name, i.e. PQRS which if I was writing the software is how I would identify which proxy file goes with which full res file.

As you will see it very quickly replaces the timeline proxy files with the full resolution ones.

I then tried these proxy generated files in Multicam and I don't see what the issue is, it all seems to work well in practice, and I would not be able to run the 6 layer multicam in UHD without the proxy mode. The editor doesn't need to be concerned with the proxy files as proxy mode will link to the proxy files, full res mode will link to the original footage files, just don't move their hard drive location manually otherwise the linking will not work.

You will see the GV Job monitor on the right hand end of the bottom bar of the sequence window. You can double click on that Icon to see the size of the file queue generating the proxy files and watch the progress or get on with some editing as the ones at the front of the timeline are made first.

Regards

Mike
      Last edited by createmedia; 01-15-2021, 01:54 AM.
      Sys4: Z10PE-D16WS MB 2xE5-2696 Xeon 64 active logical cores. EWG9. 64G RAM. Aorus GTX1080Ti. 55" Q7 1500 NIT HDR 4K TV/Storm 3G Elite/Decklink 4K 12G/8CH audio monitoring, Yamaha RXA-870 A/V. Sys1-3 EWG8 + RX-E1+HDBX1000 MIP in HP xw8600 2 x X5492 CPU 8 cores, 8Gig RAM, Quadro FX3800. All sys Fibre to central media pool - 5TB Axus Yotta RAID + QLogic Fibre Switch. Central VCR rack plus YUV & audio to viewing room with Yamaha AX1 7.1 100 watt per channel amp with 1000W sub 63" HD 3D Samsung TV

Comment

is there even a need for proxy when we have a resolution dropdown option?
        Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Thanks everyone for the answers. I am attaching the photos of two project folders. In the first photo I created the proxy with edius 9 and I also work perfectly with edius x. In the second photo the proxy was created with edius x. This project goes awful, I reinstalled the program, tried other projects, other types of video files. The problem remains. Thanks to those who will be able to help me.
          This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

that looks like a big EDIUS X bug (I never use proxies so no issue for me)

proxy.mov.proxy.mov is simply crazy
            Anton Strauss

Comment

we want to talk about the double cursor? okay I go back to work on another video editing program with the hope that someone can solve it as soon as possible. sin!
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

For the double cursor, go to settings/user settings/Application/Timeline and uncheck 'Include the Preview Frame in the Out Marker'. This is in E9, but should be the same in EX.
                Colin

Edius 9.52 WG - HD Spark - Win10 Pro - Gigabyte Z77-D3H -Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz - 32 GB Dual Channel DD3 @ 667MHz - 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT640 - Pioneer BD-RW BDR-206 and LG Optical Drives - VisTitle 2.8 - NeatVideo4 - TMPAW6 - TMPMW5 -TMPG mpeg plug-in - TMPG AVC plug-in - Also Edius 6.08 on XP

Comment

Oh dear, I have just tested this and it will result in a grand old mess in the footage folder.

Edius 9 saves proxie files as filename.extension.proxie, Edius X saves them as filename.proxie.extension. This cannot be right and must be a bug. Edius 9 method agrees with the user manual Edius X does not.

When taking the project from Edius 9 to 10, I guess because the proxie files are in the wrong format for Edius X it will treat them as original footage which is how the op ends up with a very long filename and probably very bad visuals.

Mike
                  Sys4: Z10PE-D16WS MB 2xE5-2696 Xeon 64 active logical cores. EWG9. 64G RAM. Aorus GTX1080Ti. 55" Q7 1500 NIT HDR 4K TV/Storm 3G Elite/Decklink 4K 12G/8CH audio monitoring, Yamaha RXA-870 A/V. Sys1-3 EWG8 + RX-E1+HDBX1000 MIP in HP xw8600 2 x X5492 CPU 8 cores, 8Gig RAM, Quadro FX3800. All sys Fibre to central media pool - 5TB Axus Yotta RAID + QLogic Fibre Switch. Central VCR rack plus YUV & audio to viewing room with Yamaha AX1 7.1 100 watt per channel amp with 1000W sub 63" HD 3D Samsung TV

Comment

Thank you dear, I have requested assistance. I reported the problem and grass valley wanted a video where I showed what was going on. Hopefully this can be fixed soon. It is good to report these problems. Thank you all

Comment

Originally posted by daniez View Post
                      Thank you dear, I have requested assistance. I reported the problem and grass valley wanted a video where I showed what was going on. Hopefully this can be fixed soon. It is good to report these problems. Thank you all
                      Let us know what they say. If there is no result, I will make sure it is reported
                      Anton Strauss

Comment

Thanks, sorry about this, I've been an adobe premiere user for about 20 years. I wanted to fully switch to edius x to retire premiere. I hope I can resolve it soon. Thank you all

Comment

Hi friends, I got replies from Grass Valley where they let me know that proxy files with Edius X must have a proxy.mov extension. However, I did a lot of tests to solve my slowness problems, especially when I press the keys: N - M to cut the left and right clips. You have to disable the item: "hardware decoder. I am attaching the photo to make you understand better. Now everything for me is very fast. Thanks and everyone for trying to help me.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X