Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edit progressive and interlaced videos on the same timeline in Edius 8.53?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edit progressive and interlaced videos on the same timeline in Edius 8.53?

Hello everyone.

It seems whenever we try and edit GoPro video/drone video that's shot in progressive (25p, 30p, etc) and video shot from our JVC broadcast cameras (1080i 59.94), the program either runs very slowly or crashes altogether. Most of the times the program just lags, but being in a deadline-oriented business that really hurts us. Is Edius not meant to have two different frame rate videos on one timeline? Is there a way to convert them easily within the project so that your video is all the same frame-rate or perhaps we need to convert them before pulling them into the project?

Apologies in advance if this has already been covered. I did a search for this issue and couldn't find anything that seemed to answer my question.

Thanks in advance.

the lag is possibly caused by the GoPro codec

select all GoPro clips in bin and then right click any and choose convert to HQ or HQX, then the edit will be smooth

check if the GoPro can do 59.94p (ideal) or 29.97p (better than 25 or 30p)
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Working...
    X