Reset Edius 9 Pro to Default Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reset Edius 9 Pro to Default Settings

I cannot find it! Is there a quick method of resetting everything back to the initial installation settings? On initial installation I made a few wrong choices - some of which cannot be undone - "Generic OCHI" , for example. Or does this have to be done through an Uninstall/Re-install process? Thanks for any help! Peter Knight

Everything can be undone or reset but not be pushing one button. What is the OHCI issue? Checkout https://www.videoproductions.com.au/...-settings.html

Comment

Generic OHCI capture is possible once you make a Device preset in system settings, hardware

to reset all settings to factory, create a new profile in system settings, then restart EDIUS and select the new profile, then go back to system settings and delete the old profile
      Anton Strauss
      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
        Generic OHCI capture is possible once you make a Device preset in system settings, hardware

to reset all settings to factory, create a new profile in system settings, then restart EDIUS and select the new profile, then go back to system settings and delete the old profile
        HNY Sydney. Without wishing to teach the Pope about religion <GRIN>, I dont think the new profile changes ALL settings to default.

Stay Safe in Aus, I suspect we are in for a bumpy few months.

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalDave View Post

HNY Sydney. Without wishing to teach the Pope about religion <GRIN>, I dont think the new profile changes ALL settings to default.

Stay Safe in Aus, I suspect we are in for a bumpy few months.
          yes, a new profile changes all settings to default

and happy new year and independence day for those who did not wish to be part of the EU
          Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Thanks for the information everyone. I had already gone through the route of creating a new Profile, restarting Edius, deleting the old Profile, restarting Edius, but alas - several settings remain "in-place" and cannot be undone, or deselected. "Use Generic OCHI" is one - once selected if cannot be "unticked", so on each Edius start I get the annoying "Changing to software" message. OK, I can turn off the message in the settings, but it would be nice to be able to hit a "Factory Default" button and know that I have a clean install.

I have to admit that I'm only evaluating a Trial Version of v9 Pro, and was hoping to purchase v9 along with the free Upgrade path to v10 (sorry, "X"), but that Upgrade looks as if it won't be extended after Dec 31st..... I've emailed Edius.net over this, but not had the courtesy of a reply. v9 is still being offered at the same price as "X", but at the moment it looks as if some important items have been removed from "X", and I'm unsure if my CPU will be effective with "X", so if I do go with v9 Pro, and then find that "X" may be suitable, I'm going to have to fork-out another £185.00 for an Upgrade. Ho hum, things are never easy with computer software!

Keep safe everyone,

Regards

P'Nut

Comment

If you do not have a capture/playback card, or if that card does not support project settings, then you will get the ohci message.

Comment

Originally posted by PetePNut View Post
                Thanks for the information everyone. I had already gone through the route of creating a new Profile, restarting Edius, deleting the old Profile, restarting Edius, but alas - several settings remain "in-place" and cannot be undone, or deselected. "Use Generic OCHI" is one - once selected if cannot be "unticked", so on each Edius start I get the annoying "Changing to software" message. OK, I can turn off the message in the settings, but it would be nice to be able to hit a "Factory Default" button and know that I have a clean install.

I have to admit that I'm only evaluating a Trial Version of v9 Pro, and was hoping to purchase v9 along with the free Upgrade path to v10 (sorry, "X"), but that Upgrade looks as if it won't be extended after Dec 31st..... I've emailed Edius.net over this, but not had the courtesy of a reply. v9 is still being offered at the same price as "X", but at the moment it looks as if some important items have been removed from "X", and I'm unsure if my CPU will be effective with "X", so if I do go with v9 Pro, and then find that "X" may be suitable, I'm going to have to fork-out another £185.00 for an Upgrade. Ho hum, things are never easy with computer software!

Keep safe everyone,

Regards

P'Nut
                you must disable the useless warning

OHCI can't be disabled as mentioned when no third party hardware exists

OHCI does not support any frame size higher than 1440x1080 that is why you receive a warning, but the warning is useless
                Anton Strauss

Comment

Working...
                X