The influence of multiple transition layers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The influence of multiple transition layers

I've made a Christmas / new year card with Edius X, bud I'm not happy with the result, its a very simple layout, when the base layer dissolves ends, you see a change in the mask soft edge coused by the layer above.
    Each time another layer ends or starts, the effect is seen !
    Is there a way around this or a setting ?
    In Edius 9 I could post a clip; bud now it seems not so easy.
    Edius 9.5 / X ,Win 10 home
    Asrock Phantom gaming 6,
    CPU Intel I9-9900K
    500 Gb M.2 Samsung SSD 970 Pro plus
    1 TB M2 Samsung SSD 970Pro
    SSD OCZ 256MB
    WD 4TB HDD
    2 Dell monitors UP2716D

Hard to comment without seeing what you are talking about. If you can't post a video clip, even a couple of screen shots of your timeline and viewer can help.
    Edius WG 9.55.7761, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.9.5.6, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 8TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x4TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).

Comment

it is a common and reported issue that keyer transitions effect all layers below

to overcome this, use opacity transitions, they only effect the clip it is applied to
      Anton Strauss
      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Anton
        Thanks I will try it that way.

Bern
        Like I wrote, in E9 I had no problem with posting an screen image or a small clip, bud in Edius X I haven't found my way to do that.
        I don't post anything to YouTube or another public site or facebook, so I don't know what to do with the URL thing.

I wasn't happy with my card bud :

A happy, healthy and safe 2021 to all the forum members and their family.
        Ed
        Asrock Phantom gaming 6,
        CPU Intel I9-9900K
        SSD OCZ 256MB
        WD 4TB HDD
        2 Dell monitors UP2716D

Comment

Originally posted by edver1 View Post
          Anton
          Thanks I will try it that way.

Bern
          Like I wrote, in E9 I had no problem with posting an screen image or a small clip, bud in Edius X I haven't found my way to do that.
          I don't post anything to YouTube or another public site or facebook, so I don't know what to do with the URL thing.

I wasn't happy with my card bud :

A happy, healthy and safe 2021 to all the forum members and their family.
          Ed
          You don't need to do anything with a url for stills. Take screen grabs and save as a file, and when you are writing a reply here, use the upload attachments button to add them directly to the reply. This has asolutly nothing to do with your Edius version. Videos are different because they exceed the size allowed for attachments.
          Edius WG 9.55.7761, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.9.5.6, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 8TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x4TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).

Comment

Bern
            O I didn't see the upload button ! new glasses ?
            I dint sent clip , I'm not happy with the quality.
            Print screen 2.png Wishes.mp4
            Attached Files
            Asrock Phantom gaming 6,
            CPU Intel I9-9900K
            SSD OCZ 256MB
            WD 4TB HDD
            2 Dell monitors UP2716D

Comment

you need to use opacity fades on any clip above the lowest, the lowest can have keyer transitions

Anton-01017.png
              Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

For fades. I always use the opacity fades like Anton has shown. they work 100%. I have keyboard shortcuts set as CTRL-D and ALT-D for head and tail respectively.

Comment

The fade's I used where on the bottom clip and on the end of the other clips, the beginning of the other clips are the "explosion in titler pro 7" transition effect.
                  When you use a effect transition at the start or end of a clip, you can't use a opacity fade on the other unused side, not that I know with the pro version or am I wrong ?
                  Asrock Phantom gaming 6,
                  CPU Intel I9-9900K
                  SSD OCZ 256MB
                  WD 4TB HDD
                  2 Dell monitors UP2716D

Comment

Originally posted by edver1 View Post
                    The fade's I used where on the bottom clip and on the end of the other clips, the beginning of the other clips are the "explosion in titler pro 7" transition effect.
                    When you use a effect transition at the start or end of a clip, you can't use a opacity fade on the other unused side, not that I know with the pro version or am I wrong ?
                    you need to use the opacity on both ends, forget the keyer track transitions on multiple higher tracks because they influence tracks below and you get undesired results

We have requested an on/off switch to apply keyer transition to current track without influencing tracks below, I have no idea if it will ever be implemented
                    Anton Strauss

Comment

Thx Anton
                      I'm gone try to make a separate clip of the text with the effect on it on a "greenscreen" back’ and combine this with the rest of the clips.
                      On that text clip I can use the opacity fades.
                      Thx again.
                      Last nicht we saw on tv the fire works in Sydney,spectaculair as every year, bud no people !
                      What covid can kill !
                      Weve been there in2014 and we do hope to go there again to see it live.
                      Asrock Phantom gaming 6,
                      CPU Intel I9-9900K
                      SSD OCZ 256MB
                      WD 4TB HDD
                      2 Dell monitors UP2716D

Comment

Working...
                      X