• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by VBJvideo View Post
    Yes, I am using a 4K monitor.
    1. I would never use a 4k screen as a desktop screen, 2560x1600 is my max at 100% scaling
    2. If I was forced to use a 4k screen, I would report to the maker of the Waves plugins that their interface does not work with desktop scaling when a 4k mon is used and scaling is anything but 100%
    3. I possibly strangle the person who forced me to use a 4k screen, these screens are premature for desktop use because software designers and plugin makers seem to ignore that more and more users are not using 100% scaling

Leave a comment:

• BernH
    replied
    Programs that are not optimized for 4K monitors natively do a direct pixel to pixel mapping. 4K monitors have smaller pixels, so that means a smaller window. There are scaling options in the windows display settings that can help with these programs, but there is no guarantee that they will behave correctly. You may encounter some strange window display issues. Alternately you can reduce the resolution of the monitor, but you will loose the crispness of the native resolution then.
    Last edited by BernH; 12-29-2020, 04:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• VBJvideo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BernH
    replied
    I did locate the files and successfully got Edius X to recognize them. The issue I'm having now is that the interface is SO tiny in Edius that I can hardly see/read it! It won't allow me to stretch the box to make it larger on the screen. Does anyone know a way around this?
    I suspect you are probably using a 4K monitor? Not all programs and widows can scale correctly on a 4K display. You can adjust settings in the windows display settings, but that has been known to cause other issues with some programs, (older versions of edius included)
    Last edited by BernH; 12-29-2020, 03:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• VBJvideo
    replied
    I did locate the files and successfully got Edius X to recognize them. The issue I'm having now is that the interface is SO tiny in Edius that I can hardly see/read it! It won't allow me to stretch the box to make it larger on the screen. Does anyone know a way around this?

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    It's either in the C: vstplugin folder or c: Steinberg/VstPlugin

Leave a comment:

• VBJvideo
    replied
    Thank you for the recommendations! I purchased Waves H-Reverb Hybrid Reverb plugin and added the folder to Edius X using system settings/effects/vst plugin bridge then OK and restarted Edius X. I can't find it in the audio filters. The only things listed in the VST2 folder are the Acon audio. Does anyone know what I can try next?

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    The Waves Abbey Road Collection has an amazing variety of preset and customizable reverbs.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_PS
    replied
    Lots of great Wave reverb VST plug-ins. Generally $29.

Leave a comment:

• VBJvideo
    started a topic Best way to add natural sounding reverb to audio

Best way to add natural sounding reverb to audio

Hi everyone. I have a client that needs me to add some "natural" sounding reverb to some video/audio clips I recorded for her. I'm using Edius X, and I don't see any audio filters that can do that. The Acorn filters allow you to de-reverb very effectively, but not add reverb. What does everyone recommend to add reverb? Thank you in advance for your help!
Working...
X