Keyboard Shortcut key assignment missing for Open-Setup-Dialog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyboard Shortcut key assignment missing for Open-Setup-Dialog

My finger is starting to hurt from all the double clicking required to open the dialog window.

I would like to assign the letter "D" to this information open setup dialog button, but can't find the Operation in User Interface > Keyboard Shortcut.

Is there a way around this?

---

It sure would be nice ...
    If someone can suggest this idea to the Edius UI programmer team - thank you.

edius_information_open_setup_dialog2.png
    Edius X is what I use here at FilmFix for editing and color grading our high quality 2K film transfers of 8mm and Super-8 film.

I set mine to Enter

the default shortcut is F7 (same as layouter)
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

F7 only opens up the layout tool; I really would like to be able to open whatever filter tool is highlighted/selected.
      Edius X is what I use here at FilmFix for editing and color grading our high quality 2K film transfers of 8mm and Super-8 film.

Comment

Press enter.
        Steve

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

yes, I use enter for layouter and any filter
          Anton Strauss
          Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Seriously, you think a double click is too much effort?
            1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

yes - a single click would be so much better

Comment

Maybe the "macrogenerator tool" which has vocal commands would meet the ops needs. One could just utter the word "open".
                MG2 was a black Friday offer with free upgrade to mg3.

See forum Compatible Third Party Products.
                Last edited by Geoff_C; 12-02-2020, 08:11 AM. Reason: Additional info
                Sys1: Gigabyte Z370 HD3 i7 8086K(4.3Ghz), 16Gb ram, 256Gb SSD system + 2x2Tb video drives, Graphics: nVidia 1060, (W10 Pro) BM IP4K, E8v3 WG; Vegas Pro18; DVD Architec,t 5.2 GH2(hacked), Pana HC-X2000E, GoPro5
                Sys2 :Clevo i7 6700K 3.5Ghz,16Gb ram 2565Gb SSD + 1Tb, (W10 Pro), Software: E8v3 WG; Vegas Pro17

Comment

I have the Macrogenerator Tool. However, a first initial select click would still be required.

A button, or a single click, would help so much. Just today I must have double-clicked over 2000 times. Again, as I have stated before, a single click would really be most help, and I would imagine a very simple thing for the UI programmer to implement.

Comment

ehum. If have selected the effect you can press the enter key on your keyboard. There is a key which does what you want....and Open setup dialog is 1 (one click) So you have a button which is single click, you can press a key which is enter.

Sorry but I think EDIUS does what you want.
                    Last edited by GrassValley_SL; 12-06-2020, 04:51 PM.
                    Steve

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

Originally posted by nath View Post
                      I have the Macrogenerator Tool. However, a first initial select click would still be required.

A button, or a single click, would help so much. Just today I must have double-clicked over 2000 times. Again, as I have stated before, a single click would really be most help, and I would imagine a very simple thing for the UI programmer to implement.
                      Changing to a single click to open a dialog window would deviate from standard windows conventions to open a new window, so I doubt this would be implemented as a default, as it would also force everyone to conform to your desired way to do things, and depending on the way the software is programmed, it may not be as easy as you think.

If there is more than one effect on a clip, (layouter is on everything and counts as an effect), you still would need to select what you want to open some how before an open button can be pressed. As stated by Anton and Steve, Enter is your open button, just single mouse click to select.

If you have macrogenerator, you can make custom macros, and you may be able to make one to open a specific dialog for you, without the need to mouse select an item first, but you would likely need to make a different macro to address each potential effect stack position and press the appropriate one for the window you want to open, or make up/down selection macros that you would need to use first. I have not gone looking into making one for your "problem" since it isn't a problem for me.
                      Last edited by BernH; 12-06-2020, 05:04 PM.
                      Edius WG 9.55.7303, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.8.0.5, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 8TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x4TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).

Comment

Hi:

I think the OP's suggestion is not bad, if it would be implemented according to his suggestion (second picture of OP).
                        // The implementation would be in someanalogy to the Sync-Lock column in the timeline! // "easy to learn" :-)

Regards kurt

Screenshot-1.jpg
                        Attached Files
                        Intel core i7-6700K / ASUS Z170A / 32 GB RAM / Intel HD Graphics 530 / SSD Systemdrive / Gigabyte GeForce GT 1070 / Win-10/64 Pro (V-1809) / EDIUS-9.52 (6153)-WG / Mercalli (V2, V4 and V5 Plugin/64bit) / Resolve-16.2.4 Studio / Zonealarm(Firewall etc) / ImgBurn / PowerDVD etc.
                        // Read > Test > Understand

Comment

• nath
                          nath commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Using MG works but is really not ideal and breaks the workflow.

Using Macrogenerator:
                        If for example you added PCC to a clip then the PCC effect would open up immediately so as to allow adjustments. If at a later time you need to revisit the clip and make further adjustments then you would need to highlight the effect and double click. Or you could make a single click to select the effect plus a second single click on the 3 little bars alongside the effect delete button.. This is easier than selecting the effect, releasing the mouse and then pressing enter. Maybe I am lucky by being left handed so do not need to let go mouse in order to hit enter.
                        Seems we are making hard work of this.

Edit: 'Enter' does not look possible using MacGen2. There is no idkey/instruction for 'enter' , so not such a good idea.
                        Last edited by Geoff_C; 12-06-2020, 06:34 PM.
                        Sys1: Gigabyte Z370 HD3 i7 8086K(4.3Ghz), 16Gb ram, 256Gb SSD system + 2x2Tb video drives, Graphics: nVidia 1060, (W10 Pro) BM IP4K, E8v3 WG; Vegas Pro18; DVD Architec,t 5.2 GH2(hacked), Pana HC-X2000E, GoPro5
                        Sys2 :Clevo i7 6700K 3.5Ghz,16Gb ram 2565Gb SSD + 1Tb, (W10 Pro), Software: E8v3 WG; Vegas Pro17

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff_C View Post
                          Edit: 'Enter' does not look possible using MacGen2. There is no idkey/instruction for 'enter' , so not such a good idea.
                          There may not be an idkey described as enter, but if you search for rnete you will see it id assigned to Play/Stop. There is also a sendkey function that may be able to do it but it would probably require an escape character first. Would need to do a little reading on the sendkey function.

Edius WG 9.55.7303, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.8.0.5, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 8TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x4TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).

Comment

I am so glad this one issue is finally getting some attention.

As kpot mentioned, I am suggesting a button within the filter that requires just a "single" click to open the tool.

Any double-click approach within Edius is not a clean solution. Double-click only works if it is a "clean" double-click. By a clean double-click I am saying it needs to have absolutely no x/y deviation between the two clicks --- or it is not considers a valid double-click. I am a fast clicker, and move the mouse around fast -- all-day-long AND Edius is not forgiving in this regard. I often have to go back and re-double-click in order to open the tool. So that would be 4 clicks just for the tool to open. What gives?

As a side note: I am also a website UI programmer ... I know a thing or two about UI, and programming!

This would take just an-hour for the UI person to implement, and would save us all on having to take work-breaks because our finger is staring to hurt.

Comment

Working...
                            X