Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHAT do you use to monitor sound from EDIUS timeline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gdame
    replied
    Behringer MS20's or MS40's. These are inexpensive, sound great for the money. The best part is that they have both digital and analog inputs with seperate volume controls for each. This works out great for these newer mainboards that offer optical and coax digital audio outputs.

Run optical or coax for system audio and analog RCA for Edius audio. This saves space because you do not need a small desktop mixer. It is also better than routing Edius audio through the systems audio and having to mess with software controlled levels. These also provide a 1/4" headphone output on the front as well.

For the money these can not be beat!

Leave a comment:

• Nobby Tucker
    replied
    Mine's a 5.1 surround setup with Mackie HR824 and sub - wonerfull!
    Perhaps a little on the large size for a small rig but if you can fit in a couple, you wont regret it!

its all personal taste but happy shopping!

Leave a comment:

• AJL14
    replied
    Many of the professional editing suites I use (AVID suites for editing ER, NCIS and other TV shows) have used the Roland self-powered speakers for years. I've had two pair for about 8 years myself, and am quite happy with them for their size. There are bigger speakers that of course have more base, but these are quite accurate. I have the MA-12's (which I think are discontinued now), but they replaced them with the 10's (I think). They have controls on them for volume (of course) and separate bass and treble controls.

Have a look! Cheers...
    Alan

Leave a comment:

• Gunn
    replied
    I also use the Tannoys. They are fine for monitoring your audio. Space was a problem for me also. Try hanging them from light chains above your video monitors. I bought my chains from Home Depot. Adding screws at the side-top-front and at the side-bottom-back allows you to tilt the speakers forward after attaching the chains. Iused chains because they are easily adjustable. BTW, the chains are available in black. It goes without saying there are many ways to attach the chains to your ceiling.

JoJo

Leave a comment:

• plasma_video
    replied
    Cath,

I've been buying these Behringers for our editing stations at work. They are inexpensive, but sound quite good.

Here's a link to them on a US distributor's site. BSW may be in the UK as well, as they sell worldwide.

http://www.bswusa.com/proditem.asp?item=MS16

Also, we do have several of these from M-Audio

http://www.bswusa.com/proditem.asp?item=DX4

At home, I use a 100 watt stereo amplifier driving some desktop Optimus speakers and a Yamaha sub-woofer. I also do a lot of audio and music editing at home, though, so I'm a bit more picky as to sound quality.

Tom
    Last edited by plasma_video; 03-30-2008, 06:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Imagine Video
    replied
    (edius timeline audio monitoring keeps us on topic:)
    I thought so too - Only just though ;-)

Its a part of an edit suite setup many pay little attention to But its important as the sound is there to keep the picture in sync.........he he he

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    I've been using the KRK Rockit5's for years and have been very happy. An excellent value and great sound with a tiny footprint.

(edius timeline audio monitoring keeps us on topic:)

Leave a comment:

• Stereodesign
    replied
    Yamaha MSP5, small(ish) active bi-amp speakers.

Leave a comment:

• Imagine Video
    replied
    Nice!

I have gone with some Rolands in the end cheap But very good and fine for monitoring at my level......

Leave a comment:

• biopic
    replied
    Hi Cath
    I use a pair of AVI NuNutron bookshelf speakers, although they are not self-powered. They were recommended to me by a Grammy-award winning friend who has worked with some very big names. A lot of people use Genelecs which are self-powered, but I do not like them as much. As this topic may well be considered OT by Grass Valley, if you want to continue this, it had better be by PM.

Leave a comment:

• WHAT do you use to monitor sound from EDIUS timeline?

I am in the process of building a second edit machine (RUN FOR COVER GDAME) ;-) largely consisting of the same componants I have used in my sig. so you need not worry George!!

My current settup uses TANNOY reveal 5's with an amplifier to monitor sound from EDIUS.

Now while this is a very good set up and serves me well..... its big and takes up a fair bit of room! So for my second machine I want some smaller POWERED SPEAKERS.

Any one with any recommendations?

There are many on the market so just thought if anyone is using a particular make model and thought they are Good they could share the info

Thanks all!

Cath
Working...
X