Export AAF with mixed framerates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Export AAF with mixed framerates

I read somewhere that AAF saves timeline information for EVERY single frame in every clip, and that's why Edius can't export an AAF of a timeline with mixed framerates.
    I need is to export a timeline that has two synced cameras with different framerates to be imported into Resolve. No editing was done except syncing the clips with an external audio track. Both Edius and Resolve project settings match.
    To convert the clips to a different framerate would take hours and is completely unnecessary as in my case all I need to know is the in-point of each clip. So I only need the information on the timeline location of the FIRST-FRAME-ONLY of each clip. So technically, it shouldn't matter what the framerate of a clip is; just drop each clip at the same timeline location as it is in Edius.

I haven't tried the simpler EDL yet; would that work? There's got to be a way to export a synced timeline with mixed framerates - just to have them imported to another NLE all synced and ready to be edited.
    Any suggestions?
    Gigabyte Z77X-UP4 TH, Intel Core i7 3770k 3.5GHz, 4 Core, 8 Threads, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB, 500GB SSD HDD for OS, 40TB Usable Hard Drive Capacity, Window 10 PRO 64-bit Edius 9.5 WORKSTATION...

An EDL will hopefully work but I generally end up relinking. The only way to do an AAF is to get EDIUS to remake everything and change the frame rate of the clips.
    EDIUS silver certified trainer.
    Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
    Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
    Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by David Clarke View Post
      An EDL will hopefully work but I generally end up relinking.
      What do you mean by relinking? Just relinking offline footage? That takes a second.

Gigabyte Z77X-UP4 TH, Intel Core i7 3770k 3.5GHz, 4 Core, 8 Threads, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB, 500GB SSD HDD for OS, 40TB Usable Hard Drive Capacity, Window 10 PRO 64-bit Edius 9.5 WORKSTATION...

Comment

An EDL will hopefully work but I generally end up relinking. The only way to do an AAF is to get EDIUS to remake everything and change the frame rate of the clips.
        Would the ability to export XML solve this problem?
        EDIUS WG 8.52, VisTitle 2.9, Windows 7 Pro 64bit SP1
        Intel S5520 HC, Dual Xeon E5520 @ 2.26 GHz, 12GB DDR3, 8TB RAID5, GeForce GTX 1650 4GB, SHX-E2

Comment

Originally posted by zvit View Post
          I read somewhere that AAF saves timeline information for EVERY single frame in every clip, and that's why Edius can't export an AAF of a timeline with mixed framerates.
          I need is to export a timeline that has two synced cameras with different framerates to be imported into Resolve. No editing was done except syncing the clips with an external audio track. Both Edius and Resolve project settings match.
          To convert the clips to a different framerate would take hours and is completely unnecessary as in my case all I need to know is the in-point of each clip. So I only need the information on the timeline location of the FIRST-FRAME-ONLY of each clip. So technically, it shouldn't matter what the framerate of a clip is; just drop each clip at the same timeline location as it is in Edius.

I haven't tried the simpler EDL yet; would that work? There's got to be a way to export a synced timeline with mixed framerates - just to have them imported to another NLE all synced and ready to be edited.
          Any suggestions?
          AAF TYpe 4 (with "use original clips")
          all clips with different framerates - add to bin, and change framerate to project framerate.

Comment

Originally posted by laddi.b View Post
            Would the ability to export XML solve this problem?
            I wish Edius would allow exporting FC XML. As for now, I only see AAF and EDL.

Originally posted by lekuri3k View Post
            AAF TYpe 4 (with "use original clips")
            all clips with different framerates - add to bin, and change framerate to project framerate.
            I read on this forum that changing framerate only in the bin doesn't work and that you would still need to reencode to correct framerate but I don't know if they mentioned type 4. I will test this tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Comment

if the clips have timecode and tape names then an EDL may work, but even when this happens I have had to go through and relink lots of clips individually on the timeline in Resolve. EDIUS will do one EDL for each track as well which come in as seperate timelines in Resolve so you have to do some copying and pasting to get them on one.
              I have never tried the option of changing all the clips to 25FPS in the properties but I would have though you would end up with the wrong bit on the timeline if you do this.
              XML export would be a solution - I can get timelines with mixed rate clips from Premiere and Resolve into EDIUS using XML. We don't have it in EDIUS and it has been requested.
              EDIUS silver certified trainer.
              Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
              Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
              Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

if the clips have timecode and tape names then an EDL may work, but even when this happens I have had to go through and relink lots of clips individually on the timeline in Resolve. EDIUS will do one EDL for each track as well which come in as seperate timelines in Resolve so you have to do some copying and pasting to get them on one.
                I have never tried the option of changing all the clips to 25FPS in the properties but I would have though you would end up with the wrong bit on the timeline if you do this.
                XML export would be a solution - I can get timelines with mixed rate clips from Premiere and Resolve into EDIUS using XML. We don't have it in EDIUS and it has been requested.
                This has been my experience too. And the uncertain wait for XML export or another solution in EDIUS has been nudging me to look at alternative NLEs.
                EDIUS WG 8.52, VisTitle 2.9, Windows 7 Pro 64bit SP1
                Intel S5520 HC, Dual Xeon E5520 @ 2.26 GHz, 12GB DDR3, 8TB RAID5, GeForce GTX 1650 4GB, SHX-E2

Comment

Working...
                X