Apple Mac quick time export

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple Mac quick time export

Since upgrading to Edius X I am struggling to find an export preset file that will run on a Mac, it was fine in Edius 9. Any help would be much appreciated thanks

If you mean for Final Cut: Prores, MXF (intra and other flavors), H264 and H265
    Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
    EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

Thanks for your quick response. I think it just needs to open in quick time on the Apple platform ( i pad etc)

Comment

You moved the goal posts. For the Mac, as Steve has listed but for iPad MP4 H264. What were you using on E9 that doesn't work now?

Comment

Sorry for the confusion I was using quick time exporter plug in.

Comment

Originally posted by ken stott View Post
            Sorry for the confusion I was using quick time exporter plug in.
            The Quicktime exporter has been eliminated from EDIUS X

in EDIUS X, export to Prores and it will work in any Apple device

https://www.videoproductions.com.au/EDIUS-X/prores.png
            Anton Strauss
            Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Anton thanks for your help I will give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post

The Quicktime exporter has been eliminated from EDIUS X

in EDIUS X, export to Prores and it will work in any Apple device

https://www.videoproductions.com.au/EDIUS-X/prores.png
                I actually have been using the Quicktime preset exporter for teleivision stations that have special requirments for their uploads. There aren't any settings to work with in the new Prores.

Comment

Originally posted by jeff8 View Post

I actually have been using the Quicktime preset exporter for teleivision stations that have special requirments for their uploads. There aren't any settings to work with in the new Prores.
                  could we see these special requirements by the TV station?

remember that the Quicktime preset exporter has a 4GB limit whereas Prores has no limit
                  Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

quciktime 1.JPG

Comment

use the H264 mov exporter and make the settings as needed

Anton-01071.png Anton-01072.png
                      Anton Strauss

Comment

This setting is arrived at by checking the Preserve Aspect Ratio by Letterbox settings in the size button menu in the QuickTime Exporter i n E9.

This must just set a flag on the file.

The 1888 by 1062 size is still 16 by 9 so what is the practical application of such a setting? - 0.9833 of the original size.

I am intrigued now.

Even more basic than what the OP says there now seems a snag with Edius X, in that if I want to export an MP4 H264 in a .mov wrapper there is no way to do it, even the TMPGENC plugins don't help neither does TMPENC Mastering Works 7. Nor Intertake encoder nor Handbrake,

This seems a big oversight in Edius X

If the TV station insists on that format, then it is Edius 9.

Sys4: Z10PE-D16WS MB 2xE5-2696 Xeon 72 active logical cores. EWG9. 64G RAM. Aorus GTX1080Ti. 55" Q7 1500 NIT HDR 4K TV/Storm 3G Elite/Decklink 4K 12G/8CH audio monitoring, Yamaha RXA-870 A/V. Sys1-3 EWG8 + RX-E1+HDBX1000 MIP in HP xw8600 2 x X5492 CPU 8 cores, 8Gig RAM, Quadro FX3800. All sys Fibre to central media pool - 5TB Axus Yotta RAID + QLogic Fibre Switch. Central VCR rack plus YUV & audio to viewing room with Yamaha AX1 7.1 100 watt per channel amp with 1000W sub 63" HD 3D Samsung TV

Comment

Working...
                        X