• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error starting Edius X, Failed to communicate with the service

After starting EdiusX I get the message:
    Failed to communicate with the service.
    Edius won't start up.
    This is the seccond time I have this problem. I had the same problem tree weeks ago. I solved then with giving firewall permission to
    for C:\Program Files\Grass Valley\EDIUS X\XREAdminConsole.exe and C:\Program Files\Grass Valley\EDIUS X\EHRenderService\EHRenderServiceHost.exe

I alredy tried to reboot that did not work for me.

How to solve this problem this time?

Pieter

common issue, I have at least 3 support calls about this every day

stop and start the render services and set them to automatic
    https://www.videoproductions.com.au/...E-services.png

exclude the three GV folders from your antivirus programs
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Thanks,

Stopping en starting the render services solved the problem.

Comment

yes, it always works but it should not happen, lets hope for a fix
      Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

I work in a private lan environment and have the experience that if the firewall allow ediusid1.grassvalley.com access, this situation disappear but Edius startup very slow, about 30~60 seconds.
        If I allow this PC to internet for all URL it will startup very quick.
        How can I set up firewall policy to resolve this problem?

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
          yes, it always works but it should not happen, lets hope for a fix
          I tried your suggestion, but the fix is not working. I have 10.1.0.7266 running.
          Edius X is what I use here at FilmFix for editing and color grading our high quality 2K film transfers of 8mm and Super-8 film.

Comment

EH Asset Store refuses to run/start.
            Edius X is what I use here at FilmFix for editing and color grading our high quality 2K film transfers of 8mm and Super-8 film.

Comment

this worked for me https://support.site24x7.com/portal/...windows-server

Comment

May I ask if you have any registry cleaners installed and if you use them?

If yes, uninstall and never use one again
                Anton Strauss

Comment

Did you have the Job monitor open when you started the update?
                  Not sure if it could be a problem, just thinking.
                  JoiCam´s
                  Edit station1: i7 6700K 4 ghz, 32gb ram, Edius 9 Workgroup, Davinci Resolve studio 16, 8GB GPU & Intensity Pro 4K
                  2: 17" Laptop i7 w: Edius 9 Workgroup
                  3: HPxw8600 dual 3ghz Xeon, STORM 3G, , Edius 7, 32 GB ram.
                  4: Edius 7, Supermicro x7da8 dual 3ghz Xeon.
                  Audio: Protools & Nuendo, M-Audio and Presonus interfaces, control surfaces and preamps, dual 3ghz Xeon. 16gb Ram.
                  Studio monitoring: Mackie 1402-VLZ Pro mixer and Mackie HR824 Spk. Panasonic surround system.
                  And more

Comment

I do not use (to the best of my knowledge) registry cleaners. I have Avast that is quite invasive. I did have an official window tech guy install and use registry cleaner some 10 years ago, but I think my hick-up would be unrelated.

Comment

I also get the message "Failed to connect to the server ..." and "Web authorization required. ...".
                      I'm using Bitdefender and sometimes use the registry cleaner of Bitdefender. If this registry cleaner is the cause, what could I do to solve the problem?
                      Edius X - Edius 9.52 Pro - Win 10 64 - AMD-Ryzen 9 3900X - 32 Gb DDR4 - ASUS-PRIME X570-PRO - Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER - SSD M.2 1000 Gb system + 3 x 3 Tb storage - 2 x 23" Full HD Monitors - M-Audio Studiophile AV40

Comment

Win 10 has its own antivirus and anti malware built in, technically you don't need a third party program, I am not using any and have no issues

uninstall Bitdefender and see if things improve

also, make sure fast startup is disabled otherwise the render services may not start when you restart PC
                        Anton Strauss

Comment

Thank you very much, I'll give it a try and post the result.
                          Edius X - Edius 9.52 Pro - Win 10 64 - AMD-Ryzen 9 3900X - 32 Gb DDR4 - ASUS-PRIME X570-PRO - Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER - SSD M.2 1000 Gb system + 3 x 3 Tb storage - 2 x 23" Full HD Monitors - M-Audio Studiophile AV40

Comment

Unfortunately, uninstalling Bitdefender didn't solve the problem. Other suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                            X