Quick Titler and display scaling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Titler and display scaling

I was trying different display scaling and changed my display scaling from 100% to 125%.
    When I opened an Edius 9 project after this change, all the quick titler titles had changed scales, they were larger and no longer centered.
    This would mean you have to have the display scaling match the scaling when you created the project so the titles stay correct? - This is just for the QT, E9 seems fine.
    Is this normal? Or am I missing a setting or something? Is there a way to account for this?
    Thanks
    Edius 10.3 Pro, Intel i7-5820K 3.3GHz, MSI X99s SLI plus MB, 32GB DDR4 mem, Nividia GTX 760, Win10 Pro x64, BM Intensity Shuttle for preview & capture.
    New to Edius - came from Liquid, before that 16mm film. I've been filmmaking since watching ST TOS first-run live on B&W TV

QuickTitler can save in two formats - ETL and ETL2. If you save as ETL2 then they scale properly when the screen resolution changes. The original ETL does not as you have found. The only way to save as ETL2 is choose "save as" in QT before leaving and choose ETL2 as the drop down. The only reason ELT2 is not default is because it does not get on with some fonts or languages (I can't remember which ones).
    EDIUS silver certified trainer.
    Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
    Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
    Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

Thank you David. Now that you say it, I think I remember that info in your tutorial.
      That will be some work to re-save all titles.
      Thanks for input, back to tutorial to re-learn QT formats.
      Edius 10.3 Pro, Intel i7-5820K 3.3GHz, MSI X99s SLI plus MB, 32GB DDR4 mem, Nividia GTX 760, Win10 Pro x64, BM Intensity Shuttle for preview & capture.
      New to Edius - came from Liquid, before that 16mm film. I've been filmmaking since watching ST TOS first-run live on B&W TV

Comment

Is there a tutorial for a link or a fix to bring QT Titlers back to the correct size? I have about 50 that now load too large in my project. Any suggestion on a fix would sure be a big help. Thanks!

Comment

If they have changed because your screen scaling has changed then open each one and save as ELT2. Or put the screen scaling back to how it was when they were made.
          EDIUS silver certified trainer.
          Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
          Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
          Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

Thanks for the quick response Dave!
            I'm still using 8.2 workgroup and my QT only has the SAVE AS type option .etl

Comment

Opening the title, changing the font size and recentering and resaving works here - just a few extra steps

Comment

Working...
              X