Edius and Alpha Channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius and Alpha Channel

I have a person sending me a video file with an alpha channel attached. He sent it as a gopro cineform file. It does not play the video on edius timeline...just the audio of the file. Is there a way to read this codec or can you recommend what type of file he can send that would play on edius with and alpha channel in 4k?

Thanks in advance,

Dano

In the later versions of EDIUS 9 you can use cineform MOv files is use Quicktime is switched off. EDIUS 10 will also read them. I do not know if it reads the alpha channel properly.
    EDIUS silver certified trainer.
    Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
    Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
    Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

David. I tried taking off the quicktime. It seemed to play with stuttering but I lost the alpha channel. What file would you recommend for my friend to make that would play with alpha on Edius?
      Dano

Comment

Anybody know what file format that edius can do an alpha channel in 4k?

Comment

Prores 4:4:4:4
          https://www.videoproductions.com.au/...ores-alpha.png
          Anton Strauss
          Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Thank you guys. Will try that file...

Dano

Comment

Working...
            X