Using a Sequence as a sub clip in another Sequence Edius X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BernH View Post

I knew you spoke German, but I didn't know you actually grew up in Europe. There's another piece toward my daily learning quota.
    I also served my compulsory army time in Vienna, (Klosterneuburg)
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post

We have mandatory French in school here, up until high school. There is almost no French population in my area of the country, and I haven’t had to speak it in 35 years, so my conversational skills are pretty rusty, as is my ability to write it with proper grammar, but I can usually read it well enough to get the general idea of what is said.

We do have a French province of Québec, and smaller French populations in areas of the country, but Canada is the second largest country in the world and only has a population of around 29 million, so there is quite a distance between me and the closest French population. It would take about 10 hours to drive there and about another day to get to Québec.

No compulsory military time here though
      Edius WG 9.52.6153, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.8.0.5, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 4TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x2TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software RAID 0/stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).

Comment

Bei den Pionieren ?
        kurt
        Intel core i7-6700K / ASUS Z170A / 32 GB RAM / Intel HD Graphics 530 / SSD Systemdrive / Gigabyte GeForce GT 1070 / Win-10/64 Pro (V-1809) / EDIUS-9.52 (6153)-WG / Mercalli (V2, V4 and V5 Plugin/64bit) / Resolve-16.2.4 Studio / Zonealarm(Firewall etc) / ImgBurn / PowerDVD etc.
        // Read > Test > Understand

Comment

Hi BernH und Anton:

The problem with the wave display of (nested) sequences has left me no peace. The following scenario (workaround - with consequences):

1. I have a complex project with over 40 (nested) sequences.
          2. the topmost sequence is called "Master".
          3. I put the sequence Master in the timeline > set IN/OUT points (at the beginning and at the end) > I export only the audio (as *.wav)
          4. I bring the exported audio file into the sequence Master ===> and see the wave display there.
          So much for the workaround.

BUT the consequence is:
          a) If I can export the audio (as audio mixdown) from the sequence Master, then Edius must already have all functions and algorithms to perform the complex calculations we discussed above !
          b) Then it would really only be necessary:
          - have a "switch" to start the audio mixdown in the timeline as an icon and
          - Edius would only have to internally exchange the result of the audio mixdown with the audio part of the sequence Master (in this example).
          c) The duration of the "display waveform" of a (nested) sequence would then be about as long as the audio-export takes under point 3. above.

// Where is my mistake now ??
          Regards kurt
          Last edited by kpot; 10-18-2020, 12:08 PM.
          Intel core i7-6700K / ASUS Z170A / 32 GB RAM / Intel HD Graphics 530 / SSD Systemdrive / Gigabyte GeForce GT 1070 / Win-10/64 Pro (V-1809) / EDIUS-9.52 (6153)-WG / Mercalli (V2, V4 and V5 Plugin/64bit) / Resolve-16.2.4 Studio / Zonealarm(Firewall etc) / ImgBurn / PowerDVD etc.

Comment

Originally posted by kpot View Post

Bei den Pionieren ?
            kurt
            Ja, Magdeburg Kaserne
            Anton Strauss
            Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Ja, Magdeburg Kaserne
              Respekt!
              kurt

Comment

Hi BernH und Anton:

The problem with the wave display of (nested) sequences has left me no peace. The following scenario (workaround - with consequences):

1. I have a complex project with over 40 (nested) sequences.
                2. the topmost sequence is called "Master".
                3. I put the sequence Master in the timeline > set IN/OUT points (at the beginning and at the end) > I export only the audio (as *.wav)
                4. I bring the exported audio file into the sequence Master ===> and see the wave display there.
                So much for the workaround.

BUT the consequence is:
                a) If I can export the audio (as audio mixdown) from the sequence Master, then Edius must already have all functions and algorithms to perform the complex calculations we discussed above !
                b) Then it would really only be necessary:
                - have a "switch" to start the audio mixdown in the timeline as an icon and
                - Edius would only have to internally exchange the result of the audio mixdown with the audio part of the sequence Master (in this example).
                c) The duration of the "display waveform" of a (nested) sequence would then be about as long as the audio-export takes under point 3. above.

// Where is my mistake now ??
                Regards kurt
                Hi Kurt,

I know this is an Edius forum and I do apologize in advance for having to make a comparison to another NLE. Media composer has separate options for video mixdown and audio mixdown. Something like this would be the simplest/best solution as far as I'm concerned, but have it implemented like the Shift-Q render and add to timeline function that was removed from Edius X. This Shift-Q was a great feature to render a complex segment and place it on the timeline in the proper place, and is one of the reasons I am still using Edius 9, but it was never implemented for audio. Do this for the audio and it not only can simplify and "lock in" your audio effects, but will show the waveform and place it correctly on the timeline.

This essentially would be a combination of your "switch" idea and the current export audio and manually place it work around. It would be a quick, easy, and precise thing that would only need to be implemented when required, just like we are used to with the Shirt-Q render.
                Edius WG 9.52.6153, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.8.0.5, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 4TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x2TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software RAID 0/stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).

Comment

Hi Kurt,

I know this is an Edius forum and I do apologize in advance for having to make a comparison to another NLE. Media composer has separate options for video mixdown and audio mixdown. Something like this would be the simplest/best solution as far as I'm concerned, but have it implemented like the Shift-Q render and add to timeline function that was removed from Edius X. This Shift-Q was a great feature to render a complex segment and place it on the timeline in the proper place, and is one of the reasons I am still using Edius 9, but it was never implemented for audio. Do this for the audio and it not only can simplify and "lock in" your audio effects, but will show the waveform and place it correctly on the timeline.

This essentially would be a combination of your "switch" idea and the current export audio and manually place it work around. It would be a quick, easy, and precise thing that would only need to be implemented when required, just like we are used to with the Shirt-Q render.
                  Hi:
                  An extended SHIFT+Q with audio would be "Christmas and Easter" at the same time :-).
                  kurt

Comment

Hi:
                    An extended SHIFT+Q with audio would be "Christmas and Easter" at the same time :-).
                    kurt
                    Instead of an extended Shift-Q with audio, I think separate ones would be better. Let's say something like Shift-Q for Video and Alt-Shift-Q for audio. That way you only have to render what needs to be rendered.

Or perhaps Shift-Q pops up a dialogue with options for Audio and Video, and maybe even one to add the rendered clip to the bin, I normally copy my Shift-Q renders from the timeline to a Renders bin so that I can easily name the clips and media manage them (as in delete unused ones from the disk in the right-click menu) from within Edius, without having to go to explorer and deal with the cryptic names of the render clips.
                    Last edited by BernH; 10-18-2020, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Instead of an extended Shift-Q with audio, I think separate ones would be better. Let's say something like Shift-Q for Video and Alt-Shift-Q for audio. That way you only have to render what needs to be rendered.

Or perhaps Shift-Q pops up a dialogue with options for Audio and Video, and maybe even one to add the rendered clip to the bin, I normally copy my Shift-Q renders from the timeline to a Renders bin so that I can easily name the clips and media manage them (as in delete unused ones from the disk in the right-click menu) from within Edius, without having to go to explorer and deal with the cryptic names of the render clips.
                      Hi:
                      1) In these case I would prefere the green marked part above! // Three checkboxes for: Audio, Video and Rendered clip to BIN (?).

2) I like the idea of renaming the rendered clips // I have so far only moved them from the Render folder to a user folder (named SHFT+Q :-) ).

kurt

Comment

Hi:
                        1) In these case I would prefere the green marked part above! // Three checkboxes for: Audio, Video and Rendered clip to BIN (?).

2) I like the idea of renaming the rendered clips // I have so far only moved them from the Render folder to a user folder (named SHFT+Q :-) ).

kurt
                        The place render clip in a bin would also put the clip in a renders bin instead of it just living on the timeline. This way you can do some renaming, organizing, and even delete from disk functions right in the bin. Currently I take the Shift-Q render and drag it from the timeline to a renders bin for this purpose.

Comment

Working...
                        X