Edius X problem, it doesn't export layouter reframing settings.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liverpool TV
    replied
    Originally posted by antonsvideo
    I was unable to repeat it

could I see the layouter settings of a clip where it fails after export
    I’ll try and do a video as soon as I can showing the same project doing two different things on the export, I’ll show the Layouter settings for both.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    I was unable to repeat it

could I see the layouter settings of a clip where it fails after export

Leave a comment:

• LewS
    replied
    My machine has both E9 and EX on it and I started the test project in EX and also opened it in E9 without problems.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    ok, I will test on my main PC that has 9 and X and I will test opening a large project that started in 9 and do a test export

maybe it has to do with the fact that the X layouter has changed with the addition of layouter tracking

Leave a comment:

• Liverpool TV
    replied
    really? morning in bed coffee at midday?

I am looking forward to your results as this would be a serious issue
    Here's something very strange Anton.

My machine is multi-bootable, Edius X and 9 on one partition with a bunch of other stuff and then a second win10 install on the same NVMe boot drive with just Edius X and OBS and nothing else. MAC OS, Android, ChromOS, Linux and Openelec on a different multi-boot SSD. Not that the second SSD with the other OSs would cause any issues as they're just dumb data as far as an active Windows boot on the other drive is concernd but I pulled that drive anyway.

The issues I've shown is when runing the Win10 partition with Edius X and 9 and other stuff on it.

When I open and export the project on the other Win10 environment with just Edius X and OBS on it, the project exports properly.

This may initially sound like some kind of corruption wih the project but a couple of things would say that's not the case. I have a number of projects doing the same thing and that's only out of the ones I've tested. The reason why I've only noticed the issue on a few projects so far is because I've not finished the others and wont know until I export my masters. It is also very unlikely that multiple projects would be corrupted.

The second reason why I doubt it's corruption is becuase a different install of the same version of Edius X had seen the project differently.

One other thing is that I do know for sure that this particular project was started on 9 and finished on X but I'm not saying that this is the cause of the problem.

One thing is for sure though, the problem is definitely there as the video is showing, it's also happening on other projects and maybe more that I've not tested and this is definitely going to be a big problem when I come to finish other projects.

I've never see this problem before on any other version of Edius.

I'll do a proper full video walking through of the problem and explaining it in a couple of days. I'll put that one live on YouTube in case anyone, maybe GV, comes across it and can give some advice.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    really? morning in bed coffee at midday?

I am looking forward to your results as this would be a serious issue

Leave a comment:

• Liverpool TV
    replied
    what is the export duration of the project and I will test with a similar duration
    The export duration doesn’t seem to make any difference, as I’ve noticed the problem on other projects and they’re all different.

I’m gonna test the projects between Edius X being installed on its own and with it being installed with E9. I know this shouldn’t make any difference as 10 and 9 don’t share anything and are independent installs but it’s worth a try.

Weirdly, other parts of the timeline from the same project didn’t have the problem when exporting. Earlier in the timeline for this example there were reframings that exported properly. I also thought it many have had something to do with the titles but both parts had titles and if I mute the titles on the part that was exporting wrong it still exports wrong with no title.

I’m just about to have my morning ‘in bed’ coffee :) I’ll do a video later and show those things you asked about.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    what is the export duration of the project and I will test with a similar duration

Leave a comment:

• Liverpool TV
    replied
    Originally posted by hos11
    I tried it at mark around 2 hours after full wedding cut, it's 210 GB project, some side working sequences, it's working fine, tried titler over too, still ok.

Do you have an issue on all reframings or just some?
    Thanks for testing it. The reason I asked to test it further into a project is because the example I’d shown had the issue later into the edit but at the start of the edit the Layouter edits where exporting fine.

I’d understand if this was just one project, then I’d put down to a corrupt project but it’s happening on a bunch of projects. The reason I’d noticed it was because I was exporting a still that I was using for a poster frame for YouTube and the frame was exporting wrong. I then went back and tested a number of other projects and I’d noticed it on others.

Leave a comment:

• hos11
    replied
    I tried it at mark around 2 hours after full wedding cut, it's 210 GB project, some side working sequences, it's working fine, tried titler over too, still ok.

Do you have an issue on all reframings or just some?

Leave a comment:

• Liverpool TV
    replied
    what are you doing in bed at 5am :)
    I know, why sleep when you could be editing :)

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    what are you doing in bed at 5am :)

Leave a comment:

• Liverpool TV
    replied
    I have also tested all possible ways and no issue

there must be something unique to your project

could I see a screenshot of all settings within the layouter and also project settings with everything visible
    It’s not just happening on one project it’s on a bunch of projects but could be even more, I’ve only noticed it so far on a few because they’ve been completed and exported.

I’m just in bed now but will do a more in-depth video tomorrow and will show the extra info you’re asking about.

Leave a comment:

• Liverpool TV
    replied
    Originally posted by LewS
    I duplicated exactly what you did in your video and it worked fine.

Could you start a new project and try again? Maybe the project is corrupted. I have opened projects created in EX in E9 and vice versa and all the effects work between them.
    I thought the same but it is happening on a bunch of projects not just the one. Out of interest, if you get time can you try it again but replicate it in a project you already have that’s got a fair bit of editing already in it but try the example further down the timeline maybe about an hour in.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    I have also tested all possible ways and no issue

there must be something unique to your project

could I see a screenshot of all settings within the layouter and also project settings with everything visible

Leave a comment:

Working...