Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• antonsvideo
    replied
    yes, Vistitle scales perfectly to any project setting and does not get influenced by desktop scaling unlike Quicktitler which is a disaster when users don't use 100% default scaling, and of course you can't use 100% scaling when using a UHD resolution on a 13" laptop screen, you will need 250% scaling to read any text at all

Vistitle is always real time here, never had to render

Leave a comment:

• Liverpool TV
    replied
    Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
    I have not tested 60p yet but in a 8k 25p project, vistitle plays with full buffer at 10bit project setting, ignore the pausing screen capture video, it is not like that at all (I think it is caused by my desktop resolution too large for screen capture software)
    Thanks Anton. That looks looks very encouraging. I take it there's no issues when re-scaling projects, the titles re-scale properly? Does Vistitle take advantage of GPU? I'll have to spend a few hours and re-do my basic names and credits titles with Vistitle for my templates and see how I get on. Dave says hi to Sydney.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    I have not tested 60p yet but in a 8k 25p project, vistitle plays with full buffer at 10bit project setting, ignore the pausing screen capture video, it is not like that at all (I think it is caused by my desktop resolution too large for screen capture software)
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Best option for simple static titles in Edius X at 8K

What’s the best option for simple static titles in Edius X, usually just name tags etc. that don’t slow Edius down.

I’ve used the basic title function in Edius for years as it’s been OK for basic names etc. While this title generator option has never been efficient and has many pragmatic and layout issues with it, it’s never been a real issue when brute forcing the titles with enough CPU power.

Now that I’m working in many different resolutions between 4K and 8K, this way of generating even simple titles is an issue due to the heavy CPU use it has. This can be seen in my Edius 9 8K project test, where one simple title on its own will stop a project from being real-time.

Basically, I’m looking for the most CPU/processor efficient way of generating simple static titles at 8K.
Working...
X