Render And Add To Timeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render And Add To Timeline

Switched from Edius 7 to 10. Trying to figure out how to set In/Out points and then simply render a clip to the timeline. It says render all and things like that but not sure how to just make a clip go right above it. It did this in Edius 7 and plopped it into the project/rendered folder.

And want to know if there are settings to determine the type of file it renders, making it a smaller file. Can I set defaults for that?

Shift+Q is currently not available in EDIUS X, it has been removed

I for one hope that it gets returned
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

You mean we have to go to the rendered folder and drag the clip back onto the timeline?

Is there a way to set the type of file it outputs so can make smaller files?

Comment

you can right click any exported file in the job monitor and choose add to bin or show in player

it is not recommended to use files from the rendered folder, it will get you in trouble, unless you copy and paste the file from rendered folder to project folder and then add it to timeline track above

file size of rendered file depends on your render codec you set in project settings
        Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

1) So the job monitor is under Tools... GV Job Monitor, right? When I render a clip with Ctrl-Alt-Q, it does not show in the GV Job Monitor.
          2) Where is this place to add it in with right click?
          3) If I Render In/Out... Render Loaded Area, it places a clip in the rendered folder. Something is now tied to my original clip. I don't understand. If I delete that clip in the rendered folder, my original clip shows up like the path has been changed. And it did not replace the clip. Then I restore the rendered clip and my clip comes back. Then I delete the rendered clip and it seems ok. What in the world is this relationship between just making a rendered clip and the clip itself? What's the best way to simulate how it worked in Edius 7. Just render and add to timeline? Do I need to render the clip, place it where I want, name it how I want, and drag to the timeline? I know you said it shows up in some monitor and I can just add. I will see what you say on #1.

By the way with #3 above, messing with it that way, Edius 10 crashes. I mean it crashes a lot. Perhaps because my Vistitle is not installed properly and clips refer to it.

Thank you!
          Last edited by Derek Hart; 09-23-2020, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
            you can right click any exported file in the job monitor and choose add to bin or show in player

it is not recommended to use files from the rendered folder, it will get you in trouble, unless you copy and paste the file from rendered folder to project folder and then add it to timeline track above

file size of rendered file depends on your render codec you set in project settings
            Seriously? This is the most common rendering method for me. C'mon GV.
            Pawel Chyrowski

Edius 9 Workgroup

Writer/Director. Director of Photography. Motion Picture and Sound Editor. Colorist.

https://facebook.com/chyrowski
            https://www.youtube.com/c/PawelChyrowski
            https://vimeo.com/pawelchyrowski

Comment

Could somebody unmark my message above as spam? I just edited it to correct grammar.

Comment

I saw an email notification of your post and if you asked about why is your render not showing up in GV monitor when you start rendering it is a settings. In GV job monitor go to settings - view and change from export/batch export to ALL.
                EDIUS silver certified trainer.
                Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
                Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
                Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

Great importance of "render and add to timeline", and how some filters can't be stacked together, like Neat video + specific slow-mo scenarios, or Neat video + stabilizer. Adding first filter on clip than render and add to timeline and adding second filter on that new clip was easy and fast, retaining original clip quality if better project quality was set.
                  Grass Valley, that was removing one of your best features, why? It's like backward evolution, you added us editors extra steps to work around the problem, and it really adds up in time and different workflow approach. Now we need to export clip manually with changed render path back to somewhere in project media folder, bring up GV job monitor and watch for render to finish and again manually bring it back to Edius 'cause rendered file won't return back to bin like before. This thing alone forcing me to edit on Edius 9, regretting this purchase just a day ago?! Please, bring it back.
                  Last edited by hos11; 10-14-2020, 12:58 AM.

Comment

I am sure it will come back
                    Anton Strauss

Comment

Working...
                    X