Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CONCLUSION about NVIDIA 8800GT ???

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Jerry View Post
    I just did the globe on a left to right path in 1920x1080 and after buffer prefill it played fine. Still has the red line above the timeline. Render looks good.
    Thanks Jerry... gonna try installing it again in the next few days. I just had to finish a job before I try changing my system.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Edius 4.6 Broadcast, FCP Studio, MacPro 8 Core, (Currently using 8800GT) ATI 2600

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by majormauser View Post
      Thanks Jerry... gonna try installing it again in the next few days. I just had to finish a job before I try changing my system.
      As I said in the review post, this card is way overkill. The little 2600xt does the same as the 8800gtx in Edius for $200 less.
      Jerry
      Six Gill DV
      www.sgdvtutorials.com
      If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

      Vistitle YouTube Channel
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

      Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
      http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf


      Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
      Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Jerry View Post
        As I said in the review post, this card is way overkill. The little 2600xt does the same as the 8800gtx in Edius for $200 less.
        Ya but it does not play Crysis as well when your done editing
        ---------------------------------------------------
        Edius 4.6 Broadcast, FCP Studio, MacPro 8 Core, (Currently using 8800GT) ATI 2600

        Comment


        • #19
          Jerry,

          I just installed the Nvidia 8800 card.. I'm sure I uninstalled all the ATI Drivers.

          But I am getting the Same 17min Rendering times for a Simple effect that plays realtime. The Same Sequence that rendered in 3-10 seconds is 23Min now.... and I am getting the issues with rendering errors.

          I tried everything.... no Luck D3D, Nvidia which works for me but has the rendering errors and now I am getting and Edius Error when trying to render.

          What Version of nVidia Drivers are you using and what Xplode Pro Renderer are you using (the basic D3D and What setting in the config?)
          Last edited by majormauser; 04-06-2008, 03:50 AM.
          ---------------------------------------------------
          Edius 4.6 Broadcast, FCP Studio, MacPro 8 Core, (Currently using 8800GT) ATI 2600

          Comment


          • #20
            The last nVidia card to work successfully with Edius (plug & play) was the 7950. It does both SD and HD (1920 x 1080 component) straight off the timeline through the adapter.
            I think all the nVidia HD out cards are capable it's just that nVidia haven't bothered with the "driver" and I guess GV/Canopus haven't followed up. The 7950 has 512Mb Ram which also suits the ProDad plugins which are GPU intensive. The pictures are beutiful.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by majormauser View Post
              Jerry,

              I just installed the Nvidia 8800 card.. I'm sure I uninstalled all the ATI Drivers.

              But I am getting the Same 17min Rendering times for a Simple effect that plays realtime. The Same Sequence that rendered in 3-10 seconds is 23Min now.... and I am getting the issues with rendering errors.

              I tried everything.... no Luck D3D, Nvidia which works for me but has the rendering errors and now I am getting and Edius Error when trying to render.

              What Version of nVidia Drivers are you using and what Xplode Pro Renderer are you using (the basic D3D and What setting in the config?)
              I am using the latest Nvidia Drivers 169.21.
              The render is on D3D and Hal T&L.
              The only thing that I can think of is that my unit is the GTS 512 G92 version and something is different within the card. Have you had any issues with the card on other programs?
              Jerry
              Six Gill DV
              www.sgdvtutorials.com
              If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

              Vistitle YouTube Channel
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

              Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
              http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf


              Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
              Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by redgum View Post
                The last nVidia card to work successfully with Edius (plug & play) was the 7950. It does both SD and HD (1920 x 1080 component) straight off the timeline through the adapter.
                .
                What adapter do you mean here Redgum??
                Thankfully I have avoided all these gaming cards and don't have any problems.
                AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, AMD Radeon 6800XT, 64GB RAM, EDIUS X WG.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by shueardm View Post
                  What adapter do you mean here Redgum??
                  Thankfully I have avoided all these gaming cards and don't have any problems.
                  Problem is I'm sort of stuck with this so called "Gaming Card". The Real Problem here is that I'm Running on a Mac Pro and the 8800 is the only Graphics card they use right now. Yes I could get the Quadro put its $1000 and not worth it for me. AntonVideo's nVidia driver seems to work but I have the Rendering Errors with it. It Works Fast and renders Fast. I wish GV would take the time to work on the xPlode Graphics Drivers to support some of the New Cards..... thats the issue here. I always have the 128Bit ATI 2600 to fall back on which works Great with Edius. But it does not work so great with other applications I want to run. This is really not a problem for me... since It take about 5 Min to change cards. But I would like to get it working like Jerry's.

                  Jerry
                  I have Both xPlode and xPlode Pro in my effects bin... could that be the problem?

                  Also the Chip used in the Card that I have is The G92
                  ---------------------------------------------------
                  Edius 4.6 Broadcast, FCP Studio, MacPro 8 Core, (Currently using 8800GT) ATI 2600

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by majormauser View Post
                    Problem is I'm sort of stuck with this so called "Gaming Card". The Real Problem here is that I'm Running on a Mac Pro and the 8800 is the only Graphics card they use right now. Yes I could get the Quadro put its $1000 and not worth it for me. AntonVideo's nVidia driver seems to work but I have the Rendering Errors with it. It Works Fast and renders Fast. I wish GV would take the time to work on the xPlode Graphics Drivers to support some of the New Cards..... thats the issue here. I always have the 128Bit ATI 2600 to fall back on which works Great with Edius. But it does not work so great with other applications I want to run. This is really not a problem for me... since It take about 5 Min to change cards. But I would like to get it working like Jerry's.

                    Jerry
                    I have Both xPlode and xPlode Pro in my effects bin... could that be the problem?

                    Also the Chip used in the Card that I have is The G92
                    Is it Xplode Pro and Xplode for Edius? If so, that is normal.

                    I did notice that the only three cards listed were the ATI 2600xt 256mb,
                    the 8800gt, and the honkin Quadro card.
                    I have the Ati 2600xt 512mb version, the 8800gts 512mb, and the Quadro FX 1500. Xplode works the best in SD under the ATI, none of these cards will do HD in RT, and the Quadro 1500 will not work with Vitascene on a 1920x1080 timeline. Vitascene in a 1920x1080 timeline requires 512mb, so any card, Quadro or not, will not work properly if it does not have 512mb of ram.

                    Pricewise, for Edius anyway, the most bang for the buck is the ATI. If the Quadro FX 1700 did not have an issue with ******* ram from the system, I would have gone that route for the 512mb version.

                    Do you have any open PCI-e slots. If so, try installing it in a different slot.

                    I wish GV would take the time to work on the xPlode Graphics Drivers to support some of the New Cards....

                    Xplode is dead. It will not rise from the grave due to it's inability to work with
                    Vista. The next version of Edius will more than likely have to carry an effects package along the lines of Vitascene, as far as the way the GPU handles the
                    processing anyway.

                    This is what I did before installing the card.
                    I uninstalled Xplode Pro 4.6 and the ati/nvidia renderers as well as the patch
                    Uninstalled the video card drivers and video card
                    Physically removed the old card and replaced with the new card
                    Booted and installed the drivers for the new card.
                    Rebooted after all drivers and settings were set.
                    After boot up re installed Xplode Pro 4.6 ati/nvida renderers and daves patch.
                    Set up for particular card and tested in Edius.

                    Give that a try.
                    Jerry
                    Six Gill DV
                    www.sgdvtutorials.com
                    If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

                    Vistitle YouTube Channel
                    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

                    Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                    http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf


                    Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                    Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                      I did notice that the only three cards listed were the ATI 2600xt 256mb,
                      the 8800gt, and the honkin Quadro card.
                      May I recommend you guys, for those who care about Xplode, ATI X1950 cards- PRO or XTX- just try to get a 512mb version. Yes, you can still find them! But even a 256mb one will work way better then a garbage- 2600 card with 128 bit memory.
                      mike
                      Asus P8P67, Intel i7 2600K working at 4.50 Ghz, 16Gb Kingston RAM, Windows 7 64bit, 500Gb system drive, 320Gb Data drive and 1TB RAID-0 for AV, Edius NX Express, EVGA nVidia GTX 570 2.5CB DDR5, 750w ALTEC power and some creativity...

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by mike0130 View Post
                        May I recommend you guys, for those who care about Xplode, ATI X1950 cards- PRO or XTX- just try to get a 512mb version. Yes, you can still find them! But even a 256mb one will work way better then a garbage- 2600 card with 128 bit memory.
                        mike
                        I have the 1950x and the 2600xt 512. They work the same with Xplode and are slower than the Nvidias for use in AE. When I say the same, same times for playback and buffer prefills and SD RT.
                        The only difference is that I did not see an IRQ issue with the 2600xt.
                        Other than that, if you are still using SD, ATI is still the better choice for Xplode.
                        But, to buy a card based on a defunct program is not the wisest thing to do. If you are purchasing a card now, 512mb would be the starting point for ram. If you are planning on purchasing the next version of Edius for use with Vista, I would hold off until that is released and the new effects package has been announced.
                        Jerry
                        Six Gill DV
                        www.sgdvtutorials.com
                        If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

                        Vistitle YouTube Channel
                        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

                        Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                        http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf


                        Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                        Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                          ..... If the Quadro FX 1700 did not have an issue with ******* ram from the system, I would have gone that route for the 512mb version.
                          Can anybody explain that issue ???
                          Why Quadro FX 1700 doesnt work properly ???

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Id like to know about that issue too?

                            Paul
                            Edius Edits at: http://www.vimeo.com/user781619/videos

                            1) AMD 3900X 12 core 4.6Ghz 2) Asus X79 4930K 6 core @4.4GHz Water Cooled. 480GB REVO3x2 System drive, 4TB Raid 0, 4 TB E-Sata Raid 5, 32GB RAM, GTX1070Ti Decklink HD Extreme. 3X Sony AX53 Sony AX700 BMPCC 4K

                            http://indiestereographer.blogspot.co.uk

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Romigo View Post
                              Can anybody explain that issue ???
                              Why Quadro FX 1700 doesnt work properly ???
                              Brandon did a post on that. The card works fine, but when running 32bit Windows with 4gb of ram it steals ram from the system. Thats the part that was unacceptable to me. When we go to Vista, later this year, the card will more than likely work fine due to the ram useage within Vista.
                              Jerry
                              Six Gill DV
                              www.sgdvtutorials.com
                              If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

                              Vistitle YouTube Channel
                              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

                              Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                              http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf


                              Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                              Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                mmmmm,

                                QUOTE

                                Get yourself a Quadro FX1500 or FX1700 or higher if you want. Repurpose that 8800 for your secondary machine.

                                Do a search on the 8800 and save me and you a lot of thread :) LOL

                                BTW, that 4GB will be fine and you will only see around 2.5GB.
                                __________________
                                George Dame
                                Grass Valley / Canopus System Integrator - 10 Years

                                conflicting advice??

                                Paul
                                Edius Edits at: http://www.vimeo.com/user781619/videos

                                1) AMD 3900X 12 core 4.6Ghz 2) Asus X79 4930K 6 core @4.4GHz Water Cooled. 480GB REVO3x2 System drive, 4TB Raid 0, 4 TB E-Sata Raid 5, 32GB RAM, GTX1070Ti Decklink HD Extreme. 3X Sony AX53 Sony AX700 BMPCC 4K

                                http://indiestereographer.blogspot.co.uk

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X