Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edius X Gives me too many issues to be usable.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius X Gives me too many issues to be usable.

My Edius X testing has not gone well

1. With the lack of support for the Storm 3G Elite I lose my Voice over booth feed and as my VCR Decks are in another room I am now left with no 9Pin Deck Control in Edius X except capturing externally via the Media Express App from BMD via the Decklink but that doesn't provide GV HQX to record to. The lack of the Storm 3G Elite is an important omission as far as I am concerned. I am not keen to have to rush out and buy an AJA Kona 4 and breakout panel just to use Edius X for well over £2000 when I already have adequate hardware here already.
    2. OHCI no longer supported. I know many people in the hobbyist market place that still require to capture HDV and DV material and I have a data safe with lots of HDV tape archive material, so again it is important to me to retain it.
    3. Setting the project from UHD BT709 to BT2020 or HLG or PQ just freezes Edius X up and it has to be force quit. It leaves the exe running and until the exe is closed it can't be restarted again.
    4. Opening a new project from one already open locks up Edius, this is an old problem used to exist in v9 but was fixed.
    5. Vistitle (the exe is v2.6.06) creates all my subtitling, but despite copying the plugin across from E9 plugins to Edius X there is no sign of it. Complete showstopper for me. Do I have to do anything else?
    6. ProDad Vitascene 4 seems to have lost its video overlay window within the filter and the player. It is Ok as a standalone app on the desktop and V2 works properly.
    7. In a UHD project Colour bars and Colour Clip create 24 tracks of audio (was a problem I saw in latest 3 versions of 9X
    8. Vector scope still broken. Take 100% colour bars and increase saturation you will see how non linearly the dots expand and contract as the saturation is adjusted. There isn't enough headroom in the sotware values.

I am going to have to stick to Edius 9 for now until some of these work flow and problem issues get solved.

Has anyone got any ideas on helping me out on some of the non Japan issues?

Mike
    Sys4: Z10PE-D16WS MB 2xE5-2696 Xeon 64 active logical cores. EWG9. 64G RAM. Aorus GTX1080Ti. 55" Q7 1500 NIT HDR 4K TV/Storm 3G Elite/Decklink 4K 12G/8CH audio monitoring, Yamaha RXA-870 A/V. Sys1-3 EWG8 + RX-E1+HDBX1000 MIP in HP xw8600 2 x X5492 CPU 8 cores, 8Gig RAM, Quadro FX3800. All sys Fibre to central media pool - 5TB Axus Yotta RAID + QLogic Fibre Switch. Central VCR rack plus YUV & audio to viewing room with Yamaha AX1 7.1 100 watt per channel amp with 1000W sub 63" HD 3D Samsung TV

5. Vistitle will be releasing version 2.9 which will work in X, but only if you have the digital license.
    6. Preview was not lost, it is not included. V4 uses the GPU much better.
    I have 9 on a separate machine.
    Jerry
    Six Gill DV
    www.sgdvtutorials.com
    If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
    http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
    Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Hi Jerry The problem I find is that it covers up the Rec window so I don't get to see how the effect settings are working out and also covers up the Rec window play button to see it play through.

Mike
      Sys4: Z10PE-D16WS MB 2xE5-2696 Xeon 64 active logical cores. EWG9. 64G RAM. Aorus GTX1080Ti. 55" Q7 1500 NIT HDR 4K TV/Storm 3G Elite/Decklink 4K 12G/8CH audio monitoring, Yamaha RXA-870 A/V. Sys1-3 EWG8 + RX-E1+HDBX1000 MIP in HP xw8600 2 x X5492 CPU 8 cores, 8Gig RAM, Quadro FX3800. All sys Fibre to central media pool - 5TB Axus Yotta RAID + QLogic Fibre Switch. Central VCR rack plus YUV & audio to viewing room with Yamaha AX1 7.1 100 watt per channel amp with 1000W sub 63" HD 3D Samsung TV

Comment

Are you on a single monitor? I'm running two monitors, but Edius is all on one.
        You also get the list of effects within Edius with V4. I only use a few of the effects
        and they happen to be in this version. Dragging the exact effect is nice.
        I also have V2, and much prefer this because of performance.

Prodad panel.png
        Jerry
        Six Gill DV
        www.sgdvtutorials.com
        If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
        http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
        Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Originally posted by createmedia View Post

2. OHCI no longer supported. I know many people in the hobbyist market place that still require to capture HDV and DV material and I have a data safe with lots of HDV tape archive material, so again it is important to me to retain it.
          EDIUS 9 and 10 can run on the same machine so you still can do any HDV and DV capture in 9

3. Setting the project from UHD BT709 to BT2020 or HLG or PQ just freezes Edius X up and it has to be force quit. It leaves the exe running and until the exe is closed it can't be restarted again.
          Works fine here:

freeze test.mp4

4. Opening a new project from one already open locks up Edius, this is an old problem used to exist in v9 but was fixed.
          Please send us a project so we can have a look.

5. Vistitle (the exe is v2.6.06) creates all my subtitling, but despite copying the plugin across from E9 plugins to Edius X there is no sign of it. Complete showstopper for me. Do I have to do anything else?
          Vistitle will update their program . The current version is not compatible

6. ProDad Vitascene 4 seems to have lost its video overlay window within the filter and the player. It is Ok as a standalone app on the desktop and V2 works properly.

7. In a UHD project Colour bars and Colour Clip create 24 tracks of audio (was a problem I saw in latest 3 versions of 9X
          This depends on you audio channel selection at project level
          freeze test.mp4
          8 project only 2 channel color bar

Attached Files
          Steve

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

Sorry been away doing other things.

I am using 4 monitors. 1920 by 1200. The two outside ones 1 & 4 are portrait left (1) source bins, right (4) mixer, waveform monitor. Monitor 2 has play and Rec filters list and clip info and monitor 3 has timeline full height.

.................................................. ............................................

The multi audio tracks on colour bars and matt crept in recently in Edius 9 and used not to be there as an issue, and it only happens when a new project is created. Created a 4 track 3840 by 2160 project and the attached picture was the result. If
            Edius is closed and the project is reopened it stops doing it. Resetting the source channel mapping does not stop it. Also the tone is distorted and hits 0dB.

If I delete the A5 to A24 and deselect A5 to A24 I get just 4 tracks. It is first clip down on the timeline where the problem lies.

Matt 24 tracks.PNG

The project is set to output via the Decklink 4K Extreme 12G card. So let's take the above empty BT709 project and just change it to BT.2020/BT.2100 HLG. Appears to action OK but no playback of the colour bars and Edius crashes.

I am getting an Error in the event viewer Edius operation task category HAL: Decklink 4K Extreme 12G SheduledVideoFrameError.

and

DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G: Playback timeout!

Waiting frames: size=4, begin=1, end=4
            Processing frames: size=0
            Pop frames: size=0
            Preview frames: size=0
            DMA dropped: 0
            Playback dropped: 0
            Last scheduled frame: 0
            Last previewed frame: 0
            Last completed frame: 0
            BufferedVideoFrameCount: 0

BMD Desktop Video 11.5 current version 11.6.

If I change the monitoring device to Storm 3G Elite (downconvert to 1920 by 1080) Edius does not crash in HDR.

This works fine in Edius 9 without the above issues.
            .................................................. .........................................

The Storm 3G Elite not being turned on (giving the impression the 3G Elite was no longer supported) has needed a different version of CHal.dll 10.0.0.6438 but installing that creates another issue in that the TMPGEnc plugins now prevent X from loading. They were fine before. Had to remove for now.

.................................................. .........................................

Vistitle 2.9 will be out shortly compatible with Edius X.

.................................................. ........................................

NB bonus pack Viewfinder filter is fine and Edius X plays nicely. OId TV filter when attempting to play it Edius plays a few frames, freezes and disappears from the desktop. This is something to do with the GPU acceleration in NB not playing nicely with Edius and I have had this issue on various PC's since Edius 5. Who needs to fix something NB or GV? Raised a ticket with NB.

.................................................. ........................................

AE bridge has disappeared and as I have Genarts Sapphire AEX i needed it to work. I understand support stopped with E8 but it was still present in E9. The CtsAEfilterbridge.tpi plugin still works in Edius X.

That will do for now.

Comment

Just trying something else with 3840 by 2160 project as above, Sony XAVCI SLog3 footage PCC applied visible slowdown of buffer filling when PCC applied to clip. With GPU acceleration on in system settings to support PCC, real time playback not possible. Seems to be GPU deceleration!

Comment

do you have the latest EDIUS X and plugins, OFX2 and Titler Pro7 had received fixes as well as EDIUS
                https://www.edius.net/x/875-edius-x-download.html

also, Blackmagic driver 1.5.1 should be the best choice at this stage
                Anton Strauss
                Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

@OP can you post a screenshot of you project settings?
                  Steve

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

Anton in device manager my Decklink 4K 12G driver says 11.5.0 and is quite different to your suggested 1.5.1? Ah I see on the BMD site there is an 11.51 did you mean that? - just downloading that.

Installed.

I have been looking on the registration site for latest Edius X (which is where all the updates used to live) and saw nothing there so thanks Anton for the link it is coming in now.

HKVisdom have given me the download link to update my dongle version of Vistitle to 2.85 I as my current version doesn't show in Edius X.

I just wish subtitles could be automated voice to on screen text (yes it will need checking) its a problem looking for a solution. I have suggested that to them.

I have lost my subtitle templates by upgrading in Edius 9 but now it is dongle free version. Still not showing in my version of Edius X 10.0.0.6553 just about to upgrade.

Put on the EDIUS.NET set up manager stuck at 11% at present updating itself.

Seems stuck there.

Had to re-start it. Will takes me to Edius 10.006571. Stuck at Edius X copy 99% no HDD activity..

Had to re-start it

Edius X copy 0%

Had to give up and do it manually from the Zip file.

Just about to re-boot

Comment

yes, the 11.5.1 driver from the BM site

login to your grassvalley account and register your EDIUS X, then you will always see current downloads

Anton-00782.pngAnton-00818.png
                      Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

also, Vistitle 2.9 should help soon
                        Anton Strauss

Comment

I am getting constant pop up errors when I try to render stuff
                          "access denied"
                          and "error with transferred file"
                          but when I started this project I rejected copying anything to a transferred file so I should not have any error message like this

I also don't like that I can't see the render progress.. I prefer the old method with the green bar. I guess it's so you can keep working while it renders but I don't like it I don't want to mess anything.
                          www.skysimonephotography.com
                          www.skysimonefilm.com
                          www.facebook.com/skysimonephoto

Laptop:
                          ASUS - 17.3" Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 - 1TB Hard Drive + 256GB SSD - Metal Star Gray
                          Edius Pro 9 Windows 10

Comment

"

EDIUS 9 and 10 can run on the same machine so you still can do any HDV and DV capture in 9"

Oh no really? While I don't use them often I still have Sony FX1's that use DV tape and I need to capture via firewire.. = that does not sound practical
                            www.skysimonephotography.com
                            www.skysimonefilm.com
                            www.facebook.com/skysimonephoto

Laptop:
                            ASUS - 17.3" Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 - 1TB Hard Drive + 256GB SSD - Metal Star Gray
                            Edius Pro 9 Windows 10

Comment

The one good feature that was added in 9 recently and carried over to X was the video output resolution scaling on available hardware that was a really good idea.

Back to updates

I ended up uninstalling and re-installing Edius X as it got stuck trying to update services that were still running.

Ok latest Edius 10 will not start with Vistitle 2.85 plugin in the folder. Crash reporter comes up. Edius X disappears.

Still need CHal.dll replaced to make Storm 3G work otherwise we get 4 lots of flashing lights of retries on the Elite hardware.

New: When Edius X closes the Storm 3G Elite goes off and comes on again and sits there with a relay clicking Stops after a while.

All else is up to date according to set up manager.

The Decklink 4K 12G is now working in HDR on HLG that's good thanks.

PCC GPU acceleration on still gives no real time playback. Ok with it off.

I was asked earlier for project settings not ignoring it just got round to doing it.

UHD project settings.PNG

The TMPGEnc plugins still prevent Edius X from loading. Work fine in 9. Those cause about 6 rendering engine processes to be open and I can't move the plugins out of the folder until the rendering engine process instances are closed. I guess that's where the issue lies with the plugins and the rendering engine.

I have emailed Pegasys but no response.

The lack of render and add to Timeline in Edius X and Vistitle not working means I will stick with Edius 9 for now as they are both critical items for me.

I am waiting for a response to my ticket at NB concerning some filters lock up Edius when a play is attempted. For example Viewfinder is OK but Old TV isn't.

Regards

Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X