upgrading to X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrading to X

What is the best way to upgrade to 10 from 9? That does not incorporate old and new so that all the 9 files can be deleted.
    E9 PRO ,Intensity Pro capture Nvidia 650 TI LG 3D Monitor HDMI Win 10 PRO 64 Bit.Vistitle 2.6, Robuskey. ASUS Z370 I7 8700 16 GB Hyper X black RAM 250GB 960 EVO. 2 ITB Disks

Originally posted by vortigern View Post
    What is the best way to upgrade to 10 from 9? That does not incorporate old and new so that all the 9 files can be deleted.
    do a clean uninstall to remove all
    https://www.videoproductions.com.au/...all-edius.html
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

I've just installed X version and now both 9 and X working fine. UI settings, shrtcuts presets everything transfered without problems

Comment

yes, 9 and X can be installed on the same PC and 9 is needed for things that X can't do
        Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

I would keep both on the system. especially if you need to things like capture from DV, which is something EDIUS X does not do. You can capture DV in EDIUS 9 and use it in EDIUS X. In my tests currently projects opened in EDIUS X can also be opened in EDIUS 9 - although things like motion tracking are lost. I have been told this won't be the case with future versions of EDIUS X but right now it works.
          EDIUS silver certified trainer.
          Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
          Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
          Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

My preferred method is a straight up clean install. If you are on Windows 7, don't do an upgrade, do a clean install of Windows.
            This would provide you with the cleanest workspace to start your build.
            Jerry
            Six Gill DV
            www.sgdvtutorials.com
            If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
            http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
            Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

what dv capture card did you use in window 10 mine since xp never work
              1.window 10 pro- edius 9 wg- hd mx02- maximus v extrim i7 3700k -gtx 1070 ti -32 g.b ram-500gb ssd system drive-4 tb hdd
              2.window 7 ultimate- edius 6-i3 3400k- hd spark pro -quadro fx 4500-24gb ram-500gb ssd system drive- 1 tb hdd

Comment

Thanks I will keep both.
                E9 PRO ,Intensity Pro capture Nvidia 650 TI LG 3D Monitor HDMI Win 10 PRO 64 Bit.Vistitle 2.6, Robuskey. ASUS Z370 I7 8700 16 GB Hyper X black RAM 250GB 960 EVO. 2 ITB Disks

Comment

Originally posted by admasv View Post
                  what dv capture card did you use in window 10 mine since xp never work
                  any firewire 400 card with Texas Instruments or VIA chip will work, any other chip or firewire 800 card will fail
                  Anton Strauss

Comment

I would recommend against the VIA chip from personal experience. Go with a Texas Instrument based card.
                    My System: Edius Workgroup 9.51 & 10.0, Intel I9-9900K 3.60GHz Liquid Cooling, MSI Z390-A PRO MB, 32-GB Mem, GeForce GTX 1660 6GB GPU, BM Intensity Pro 4K Card, Win 10 Pro

Comment

yes, TE is first choice and if not available, VIA will do, I have not noticed any issue with the current VIA one I have
                      Anton Strauss

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                        My preferred method is a straight up clean install. If you are on Windows 7, don't do an upgrade, do a clean install of Windows.
                        This would provide you with the cleanest workspace to start your build.
                        That should be the rule for all new installation or version in video world on Windows... and in this case Windows 10 installation is unmissable and upgrade to last version too.

My way :

Since Windows 7, I have installed first Edius 5.51 on my computer with the NX card (and a USB dongle)
                        Then when Edius 8 WG came followed by 9, I install a second SSD disk with Windows 7 (clean install) followed by Edius 8 & 9.
                        At startup I validate the IOS to ask me wich SSD (W7&Edius5 - W7&Edius8&9) I want to use. No issue

Let's say that I want to use the same computer to install Edius X if the I9 processor can support it...(I have to verify), I will buy a new SSD (not expensive) for OS Windows 10 and add it in the Computer
                        I disconnect the others SSD to do a clean install of Windows 10 and upgrade to the last version (see Anton picture)... then install the Edius 9 (optionnal) and finaly Edius X.
                        When everything is OK and stabilized I reconnect the others SSD.

Again, at startup, I validate the IOS to ask me wich SSD (W7&Edius5 - W7&Edius8&9 - W10&EdiusX) I want to use.

After a lot of "upgrades experience" and issues I was disgusted by no stable computers or issues or conflict. So, in a first time I was buying a new computer any time a serious upgrade came on. But this is expensive. The adding of SSD is affordable for "clean installation" and avoid melting pot.

As Frank says, I did it my way.
                        Yvon durieux alias "Haddock" Belgium GMT + 2

Sorry for my poor english, I am french native speaking

Main System: Azus Z87 Pro, [email protected], 16gb ram, Nvidia GeForce GT 630, Windows 7 Pro 64, Samsung 840 pro, Edius 8.53.2808 WG and 9.40.4896 + NXexpress or HDspark, 2T separate video SSD.

Comment

Working...
                        X