Edius X first impressions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sarasota View Post

Yea, I tried to load DNxHD footage into EdiusX but get an "Codec type not supported " error.

Note:The same footage loads into Edius 9 with no issue (among other NLE's) -- However, if I remember correctly - Edius 9 allows for Quicktime import (an option in system settings / import)... Dunno, maybe it's a bug with EdiusX right now.
    in that case this must be reported and corrected, we don't want to be going backwards
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

I discovered the problem asking for help from grass valley assistance, and they tell me that the trial version of edius x does not do autorendering but you have to do it manually, so only when you buy the paid version will there be automatic autorendering.
      I7 4790K-32 gb RAM-RX580 8gb-SSD 256gb-Windows 10 pro-Edius8.5-Lumix GH2 Moon T8-Lumix FZ1000-

Comment

Yea, I tried to load DNxHD footage into EdiusX but get an "Codec type not supported " error.

Note:The same footage loads into Edius 9 with no issue (among other NLE's) -- However, if I remember correctly - Edius 9 allows for Quicktime import (an option in system settings / import)... Dunno, maybe it's a bug with EdiusX right now.
        Can you share a sample?
        Steve

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

Before I'm installing Edius X,I would like to uninstall Edius 8 on my system,now I have E 8 & E 9 installed.
          Anton I have seen Your instructions,bud I would like to hold E 9 on my system,Do I have to uninstall everything You mentioned in Your tutorial ?
          Edius 9.5,Win 10 home
          Asrock Phantom gaming 6,
          CPU Intel I9-9900K
          500 Gb M.2 Samsung SSD 970 Pro plus
          1 TB M2 Samsung SSD 970Pro
          SSD OCZ 256MB
          WD 4TB HDD
          2 Dell monitors UP2716D

Comment

no, you do not uninstall E9, you will need it for certain things, but I would remove E8
            Anton Strauss
            Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Thx Anton.
              Edius 9.5,Win 10 home
              Asrock Phantom gaming 6,
              CPU Intel I9-9900K
              SSD OCZ 256MB
              WD 4TB HDD
              2 Dell monitors UP2716D

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_SL View Post

Can you share a sample?
                Sure... Let me pull up some color bars in other NLE and export the DNx later today (can't release current footage - wink). I have a morning meetings, but will post example later today.

-Cheers
                Win10 Pro -- EDIUSX Pro -- Gigabyte Gaming Z370 Rev1.0 -- i7-8700K @ 4.5GHz -- 64GB Corsair DDR4 -- PNY XLR8 GTX1080 -- SSD & HHD -- MOTU PCIe-424 -- Video Driver:451.67

Comment

I don't know that anyone has tried it with all 3. It can exist with 9. I personally would not have all 3.
                  1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

Originally posted by Liverpool TV View Post

Is the 1060 supported by Edius X for NVENC? The 1060 is based on Pascal. Other NVENC encoding applications require the later variation of NVENC that was introduced with Turing, this maybe the same with Edius X. If it is Turing then that would require a minimum of the 1660. There's a 1650 GPU that's based on Turing but its NVENC encoder is based on Volta, which may not work.

I've already had issues with Edius X not recognising the NVENC encoder and that was with two compatible GPUs.

Maybe GV would like to specify the minimum requirement for NVENC compatibility, it'd probably save on all the guessing and speculation.

I may be wrong but I've not seen any documented minimum required specifications for Edius X, let alone any NVENC compatibility, Volta, Pascal or Turing.
                    Here is a list.

https://developer.nvidia.com/video-e...support-matrix

Earlier cards do not support 'B" frames. The minimum for that is a 2060. Personally, I don't see any quality loss between the master and an unsupported B frame output.
                    Jerry
                    Six Gill DV
                    www.sgdvtutorials.com
                    If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                    http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                    Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post

Here is a list.

https://developer.nvidia.com/video-e...support-matrix

Earlier cards do not support 'B" frames. The minimum for that is a 2060. Personally, I don't see any quality loss between the master and an unsupported B frame output.
                      You seem to have misunderstood what I was asking. I was asking about a list from GV, that list you’ve linked to just repeats everything I’ve already said.

There are more distinctions other than B frame usage with the variations in the NVENC encoders. This is something that affects the use of other post applications that use NVENC.

That’s why I was asking about a GV list, as they’d know what it is that they’re utilising as far as NVENC is concerned.

It’s also worth noting that Edius X isn’t fully utilising the NVENC encoder.
                      "There's only one thing more powerful than knowledge. The free sharing of it"

If you don't know the difference between Azimuth and Asimov, then either your tapes sound bad and your Robot is very dangerous. Kill all humans...... Or your tape deck won't harm a human, and your Robot's tracking and stereo imagining is spot on.

Is your Robot three laws safe?

Comment

Sure... Let me pull up some color bars in other NLE and export the DNx later today (can't release current footage - wink). I have a morning meetings, but will post example later today.

-Cheers
                        Thanks a lot . We tested with a few samples we have and they seem to work. We must be missing something*
                        DNXHD.png
                        Attached Files
                        Steve

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

Originally posted by Liverpool TV View Post

You seem to have misunderstood what I was asking. I was asking about a list from GV, that list you’ve linked to just repeats everything I’ve already said.

There are more distinctions other than B frame usage with the variations in the NVENC encoders. This is something that affects the use of other post applications that use NVENC.

That’s why I was asking about a GV list, as they’d know what it is that they’re utilising as far as NVENC is concerned.

It’s also worth noting that Edius X isn’t fully utilising the NVENC encoder.
                          That list was provided to me by the distributor.
                          All that is slated for Nvenc in this version is encoding of H.265.

Last edited by Jerry; 09-16-2020, 04:22 PM.
                          Jerry
                          Six Gill DV
                          www.sgdvtutorials.com
                          If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                          http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                          Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Regarding which cards support nvec in Edius, according to their preview video GTX 1050 or better, RTX 2060 or better and the equivalent Quadro cards.
                            My System: Edius Workgroup 9.51 & 10.0, Intel I9-9900K 3.60GHz Liquid Cooling, MSI Z390-A PRO MB, 32-GB Mem, GeForce GTX 1660 6GB GPU, BM Intensity Pro 4K Card, Win 10 Pro

Comment

Installed Edius x,looks good,bud is it that the text is a bit smaller than before ? or is it my older eye ?
                              A great improvement form me => preview in half or even les resolution especially with 3 or more clips on top of each other (pip),4K and full HD seems to plays on the timeline faster and smoother even in full.
                              I have installed now Edius 9 and Edius X,the license manager list gives :

Edius pro 8 upgrade permanent
                              Edius pro 9 upgrade permanent

Edius pro 9 plus upgrade permanent

Is this normal ? I deactivated Edius 8 before installing Ex
                              Would replacing my 8 year old GPU improves the workflow ?
                              Edius 9.5,Win 10 home
                              Asrock Phantom gaming 6,
                              CPU Intel I9-9900K
                              SSD OCZ 256MB
                              WD 4TB HDD
                              2 Dell monitors UP2716D

Comment

I have EDIUS 8WG, EDIUS 9WG and EDIUS X on my system and all work fine together with Resolve Studio 16 as well as Vegas 18, 17 and 16 all on the same PC. I will uninstall EDIUS 8WG now though.
                                Ron Evans

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 NVME OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 6T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, MSI 1080Ti 11G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro, Shuttle Pro2

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS X, 9.5 WG, Vegas 18, Resolve Studio 16

Cameras: GH5S, GH5, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V x 2

Comment

Working...
                                X