Edius X Download Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius X Download Available

For anyone who is interested, here's a link for the Edius X download.

https://www.edius.net/x/875-edius-x-download.html
    "There's only one thing more powerful than knowledge. The free sharing of it"

If you don't know the difference between Azimuth and Asimov, then either your tapes sound bad and your Robot is very dangerous. Kill all humans...... Or your tape deck won't harm a human, and your Robot's tracking and stereo imagining is spot on.

Is your Robot three laws safe?

The only problem is that they haven't updated the EID site so that you can get a serial number to activate it. :(

Comment

I found the download.

I could not find price information anywhere.

I do not know if Edius X can be installed alongside Edius 9 Workgroup.

I do not know if Edius X will run as a trail version for a period and whether or not one needs to apply for a serial number to run it as a trial.

I searched the internet for this information before posting but could find no answers - though I know it is early days.

So, I have the download but I don't really know what to do with it and whether one can risk installing it alongside Edius 9 WG

Comment

After all of the hype about the release today, they really blew it. They still haven't updated the EID site so that you can register and run the trial version. Their store is still showing Edius 9. No reseller I can find has Edius 10 available. I was ready to lay down my money for Edius 10, but I can't.

Comment

Originally posted by Liverpool TV View Post
          For anyone who is interested, here's a link for the Edius X download.

https://www.edius.net/x/875-edius-x-download.html
          Thanks for the link.

Can we run this on the same machine as 9.X WG?
          ASUS ROG Strix Z490- E, i9 1090 @ 2.8G, 32GRam, Window 10, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti

Comment

I have installed and it is working but I am a little disappointed that there is little improvement for me with the Threadripper. Still much slower than either Vegas 18 or Resolve. I used a UHD60P GH5S clip Vlog from a dance show and these are the comparative numbers playing source file in all 4 of the versions both at UHD project and HD.

UHD first

EDIUS 9WG CPU 95 GPU 35
            EDIUS X CPU 74 GPU 43
            Vegas 18 CPU 30 GPU 10
            Resolve 16 CPU 10 GPU 35

HD Project

EDIUS 9WG CPU 90 GPU 35
            EDIUS X CPU 74 GPU 40
            Vegas 18 CPU 30 GPU 8
            Resolve 16 CPU 10 GPU 35

Lets hope there will be some improvements for later updates as the core improvements are still not as good as Vegas or Resolve. I will load onto my second PC later and see if there is an improvement for the 4790K. New features are nice but performance is more important to me.
            Ron Evans

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 NVME OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 6T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, MSI 1080Ti 11G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro, Shuttle Pro2

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS X, 9.5 WG, Vegas 18, Resolve Studio 16

Cameras: GH5S, GH5, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V x 2

Comment

Although it is recommended to install by itself, you can have EDIUS 9 on the machine. Some of the plugins may get confused.
              1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

Where did you get the serial number to activate it? have they update the EID site?

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Evans View Post
                  I have installed and it is working but I am a little disappointed that there is little improvement for me with the Threadripper. Still much slower than either Vegas 18 or Resolve. I used a UHD60P GH5S clip Vlog from a dance show and these are the comparative numbers playing source file in all 4 of the versions both at UHD project and HD.

UHD first

EDIUS 9WG CPU 95 GPU 35
                  EDIUS X CPU 74 GPU 43
                  Vegas 18 CPU 30 GPU 10
                  Resolve 16 CPU 10 GPU 35

HD Project

EDIUS 9WG CPU 90 GPU 35
                  EDIUS X CPU 74 GPU 40
                  Vegas 18 CPU 30 GPU 8
                  Resolve 16 CPU 10 GPU 35

Lets hope there will be some improvements for later updates as the core improvements are still not as good as Vegas or Resolve. I will load onto my second PC later and see if there is an improvement for the 4790K. New features are nice but performance is more important to me.
                  The disappointment you're feeling is also going to be shared with certain Intel users as well. I've just tested known crash scenarios that happened with E8/9 and E10 is doing the same. I'm just about to check for known legacy issues and very importantly title scaling. Also, you're on Nvidia, have you worked out how to utilise your GTX card for exporting. So far, I can't find where the setting is to export, it could be me but if it is there's nothing obvious. I still can't work out if it's supposed to utilise CUDA or NVENC for that job.

I've also had a crash that I've never seen before while trying to scrub and jog/shuttle. This was with a project and media that were fine with E8.

Probably like others, I've installed side by side with E9. I will now load up a completely clean and up to date Win10 install and only have E10 on it. If these same issues are appearing I will make some videos to share, just in case it's easier to see if it's user error on my part. If it's not user error, I think the more information our there for Edius users to make an informed purchasing/upgrade decision, the better.

So far, I'd have to say that I'm also disappointing and probably more than a little. There are two specific things that I'd immediately thought I could do with E10. Edit Apple HEVC and export with Nvidia. Like I said, I may be doing something wrong but the clean install will give a better idea of that.
                  "There's only one thing more powerful than knowledge. The free sharing of it"

If you don't know the difference between Azimuth and Asimov, then either your tapes sound bad and your Robot is very dangerous. Kill all humans...... Or your tape deck won't harm a human, and your Robot's tracking and stereo imagining is spot on.

Is your Robot three laws safe?

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_PS View Post
                    Although it is recommended to install by itself, you can have EDIUS 9 on the machine. Some of the plugins may get confused.
                    Is it recommended to do a complete uninstall of 9 first, cleaning out all of the hidden files from 9?
                    ASUS ROG Strix Z490- E, i9 1090 @ 2.8G, 32GRam, Window 10, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti

Comment

Where can I buy Edius X online?
                      Been looking but can not find it anywhere
                      Last edited by johannesj; 09-15-2020, 06:57 PM.
                      JoiCam´s
                      Edit station1: i7 6700K 4 ghz, 32gb ram, Edius 9 Workgroup, Davinci Resolve studio 16, 8GB GPU & Intensity Pro 4K
                      2: 17" Laptop i7 w: Edius 9 Workgroup
                      3: HPxw8600 dual 3ghz Xeon, STORM 3G, , Edius 7, 32 GB ram.
                      4: Edius 7, Supermicro x7da8 dual 3ghz Xeon.
                      Audio: Protools & Nuendo, M-Audio and Presonus interfaces, control surfaces and preamps, dual 3ghz Xeon. 16gb Ram.
                      Studio monitoring: Mackie 1402-VLZ Pro mixer and Mackie HR824 Spk. Panasonic surround system.
                      And more

Comment

I did download and install Edius X. I bought Edius 9 after 13 september 2019 so I have a free upgrade to version X.
                        But I don't have a serialnumber for X. Now what?

*****Problem is solved*****
                        Last edited by GraadCias; 09-16-2020, 05:22 PM. Reason: Problem is solved
                        Intel Core i7-6700K - Boxed, Windows 10 home 64 bit, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 - WindForce 2X OC - 4GB GDDR5, Kingston Technology HyperX Fury - DDR4 2666Mhz CL15 Kit 16GB, Samsung 850 EVO - M.2 - 500GB, Seagate 3TB SATA HDD, Gigabyte GA-Z170M-D3H - Socket 1151 - DDR4, 2x DELLP2415Q 4K monitors, 1x DELL SE2216H HD monitor, EDIUS 8, 9 and X

Comment

Newblue OFX not present, more importantly After Effects Bridge removed. Magic Bullet Looks not usable.

Comment

For those that are looking for download https://www.edius.net/x/875-edius-x-download.html
                            Ron Evans

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 NVME OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 6T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, MSI 1080Ti 11G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro, Shuttle Pro2

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS X, 9.5 WG, Vegas 18, Resolve Studio 16

Cameras: GH5S, GH5, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V x 2

Comment

Originally posted by johannesj View Post
                              Where can I buy Edius X online?
                              Been looking but can not find it anywhere
                              Ok, listed just now at edius.net, bought it now.
                              but can not register, Edius X or 10 is not listed as product in the GV registration page.
                              Last edited by johannesj; 09-15-2020, 07:50 PM.
                              JoiCam´s
                              Edit station1: i7 6700K 4 ghz, 32gb ram, Edius 9 Workgroup, Davinci Resolve studio 16, 8GB GPU & Intensity Pro 4K
                              2: 17" Laptop i7 w: Edius 9 Workgroup
                              3: HPxw8600 dual 3ghz Xeon, STORM 3G, , Edius 7, 32 GB ram.
                              4: Edius 7, Supermicro x7da8 dual 3ghz Xeon.
                              Audio: Protools & Nuendo, M-Audio and Presonus interfaces, control surfaces and preamps, dual 3ghz Xeon. 16gb Ram.
                              Studio monitoring: Mackie 1402-VLZ Pro mixer and Mackie HR824 Spk. Panasonic surround system.
                              And more

Comment

Working...
                              X