Edius 8 deactivation problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius 8 deactivation problems

I've tried to online deactivate my Edius 8 and return the instance of the license use back to the server so I can reuse it on a new machine configuration that I'm just putting together. It's saying that I can't deactivate a license online if it was activated offline but the activation wasn't done offline. Given that the license manager is saying that the activation was done offline, I've generated an offline ID file but when I run the second stage, which is to get the response key, the license server is returning an error that is saying "Deactivation failed. Error code: 4245"

The real strange thing is that given that I couldn't deactivate online or offline, Edius 8 on this machine will now not launch and is asking for the license key.

As the license server has not deactivated that instance of the license, I'm not sure that I should apply it again as it may use up another instance. Plus, I'm not sure if I can even apply it anyway as it may already have been the last available license slot.

Has anyone had this issue? If so, how is it fixed? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

"There's only one thing more powerful than knowledge. The free sharing of it"

If you don't know the difference between Azimuth and Asimov, then either your tapes sound bad and your Robot is very dangerous. Kill all humans...... Or your tape deck won't harm a human, and your Robot's tracking and stereo imagining is spot on.

Is your Robot three laws safe?

Can you please contact support at EDIUS.net they will be able to help you.
    Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
    EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_SL View Post
      Can you please contact support at EDIUS.net they will be able to help you.
      Thanks Steve. Michael from Edius.net got back to me real quick, first thing this morning. Super helpful, super friendly, super knowledgeable, super awesome. Cheers, Dave.

"There's only one thing more powerful than knowledge. The free sharing of it"

If you don't know the difference between Azimuth and Asimov, then either your tapes sound bad and your Robot is very dangerous. Kill all humans...... Or your tape deck won't harm a human, and your Robot's tracking and stereo imagining is spot on.

Is your Robot three laws safe?

Comment

Great to hear this is solved .
        Cheers
        Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
        EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

Working...
        X