Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capturing HDV video

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Capturing HDV video

    Hi, I have a problem with edius 8 pro, I have to acquire video in HDV via firewire cable from a canon hv40, then I connect the camera to the pc I open edius 8 pro, and start the acquisition and everything works properly.
    At the end I close edius 8 pro, go to the edius folder, and find the folder containing all the AVI files just acquired, so I want to copy all the files and put them in another folder located in an external USB2 HD, in order to keep them as an archive .
    The problem is that when I go to the edius folder to copy the files, in addition to the AVI video files, I find another AVI 321 file next to it as you can see in the attachment, so I have to delete these last AVI 321 files one at a time and it's a long and long thing annoying.
    So I ask how can I do to prevent these 321 AVI from forming? Or is there a method to get rid of them all at once?
    thank you.
    Attached Files
    Edius pro X -W10 pro -Lumix fz 1000-I7 10700 8 core-RAM 64 gb 2666 Mhz-GTX 1660 super 6 gb-GTX 960 4 gb-DJI Ronin-SC-

  • #2
    Can you not search *.avi in the windows explorer, select & copy those to your archive drive? Otherwise copy the lot to your archive drive and then select & delete the unwanted files from that drive. DOS is your friend.
    Sys1: Gigabyte Z370 HD3 i7 8086K(4.3Ghz), 16Gb ram, 256Gb SSD system + 2x2Tb Graphics: nVidia 1060, (W10 Pro) BM IP4K, E8v3 WG; Vegas Pro19; Davinci Resolve18_Studio, GH2(hacked), Pana HC-X2000E, GoPro5
    Sys2 :Clevo i7 6700K 2.5Ghz,16Gb ram 2565Gb SSD + 1Tb, (W10 Pro), Software: E8v3 WG; Vegas Pro19,Davinci Resolve18_Studio

    Comment


    • #3
      Are they thumbnails images of the AVI file?
      If copying using Windows Explorer, sort by file type or extension and then select the files types of interest.
      Or maybe sort by file size since AVI should be much larger thatn the thumbnails?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by dpalomaki View Post
        Are they thumbnails images of the AVI file?
        If copying using Windows Explorer, sort by file type or extension and then select the files types of interest.
        Or maybe sort by file size since AVI should be much larger thatn the thumbnails?
        ok thanks for your advice.
        Edius pro X -W10 pro -Lumix fz 1000-I7 10700 8 core-RAM 64 gb 2666 Mhz-GTX 1660 super 6 gb-GTX 960 4 gb-DJI Ronin-SC-

        Comment


        • #5
          that 321 icon is media player classic, and just means that those files are associated with that program for when you double-click them. Since you are not showing any file extensions on the ones that don't have an .avi at the end of the file name, we can't tell you what they are exactly, but going onto detail view and sorting by type or size should do it for you.
          Edius WG 9.55.7761, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.9.6.0, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 8TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x4TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Vladiciu View Post
            ....., I find another AVI 321 file next to it as you can see in the attachment, so I have to delete these last AVI 321 files one at a time and it's a long and long thing annoying.
            So I ask how can I do to prevent these 321 AVI from forming? Or is there a method to get rid of them all at once?
            thank you.
            First off, did you post an attachment, as I am not seeing it?

            Often these single frames are caused by the last frame of the capture getting into a repeat situation. It's like it's stuck in a buffer. It happened to me yesterday. No big deal just delete them, in a group. NOT one at a time.

            Comment


            • #7
              you have file extensions disabled, enable them

              Anton-00718.png
              Anton Strauss
              Antons Video Productions - Sydney

              EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
                you have file extensions disabled, enable them

                Anton-00718.png

                i use windows 10 pro and i can't find the entries like in your attachment, thanks.
                Edius pro X -W10 pro -Lumix fz 1000-I7 10700 8 core-RAM 64 gb 2666 Mhz-GTX 1660 super 6 gb-GTX 960 4 gb-DJI Ronin-SC-

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DigitalDave View Post

                  First off, did you post an attachment, as I am not seeing it?

                  Often these single frames are caused by the last frame of the capture getting into a repeat situation. It's like it's stuck in a buffer. It happened to me yesterday. No big deal just delete them, in a group. NOT one at a time.



                  yes here it is again anyway, thanks.





                  Attached Files
                  Edius pro X -W10 pro -Lumix fz 1000-I7 10700 8 core-RAM 64 gb 2666 Mhz-GTX 1660 super 6 gb-GTX 960 4 gb-DJI Ronin-SC-

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by DigitalDave View Post

                    First off, did you post an attachment, as I am not seeing it?

                    Often these single frames are caused by the last frame of the capture getting into a repeat situation. It's like it's stuck in a buffer. It happened to me yesterday. No big deal just delete them, in a group. NOT one at a time.



                    and how do i delete all 321 files at once?
                    Edius pro X -W10 pro -Lumix fz 1000-I7 10700 8 core-RAM 64 gb 2666 Mhz-GTX 1660 super 6 gb-GTX 960 4 gb-DJI Ronin-SC-

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Vladiciu View Post




                      and how do i delete all 321 files at once?
                      With the shift key. Select first clip- hold down SHIFT KEY - select the last clip and hit Delete.

                      For some reason I am still not seeing your attachment.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Vladiciu View Post


                        i use windows 10 pro and i can't find the entries like in your attachment, thanks.
                        I also use Win 10 Pro OS build 2004

                        in case you use an older build, do as in attached

                        Anton-00724.png
                        Anton Strauss
                        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

                        EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by DigitalDave View Post

                          With the shift key. Select first clip- hold down SHIFT KEY - select the last clip and hit Delete.

                          For some reason I am still not seeing your attachment.
                          Dave, if you are in Latest Activity view you will not see attachments, but you will see in-line stuff. Make sure you are in Posts view.
                          Edius WG 9.55.7761, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.9.6.0, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 8TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x4TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BernH View Post

                            Dave, if you are in Latest Activity view you will not see attachments, but you will see in-line stuff. Make sure you are in Posts view.
                            It doesnt seem to matter what view I am in I stil cannot see the o/ps attachments.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Vladiciu View Post
                              Hi, I have a problem with edius 8 pro, I have to acquire video in HDV via firewire cable from a canon hv40, then I connect the camera to the pc I open edius 8 pro, and start the acquisition and everything works properly.
                              At the end I close edius 8 pro, go to the edius folder, and find the folder containing all the AVI files just acquired, so I want to copy all the files and put them in another folder located in an external USB2 HD, in order to keep them as an archive .
                              The problem is that when I go to the edius folder to copy the files, in addition to the AVI video files, I find another AVI 321 file next to it as you can see in the attachment, so I have to delete these last AVI 321 files one at a time and it's a long and long thing annoying.
                              So I ask how can I do to prevent these 321 AVI from forming? Or is there a method to get rid of them all at once?
                              thank you.
                              Make sure you are in details view. Click on top box above named TYPE. Now you will see the files listed in a row. Go ahead and select them all and delete.
                              Thanks,
                              Ara

                              Windows 10 Home 64 Bit, Edius WG 9.55.7303, Edius X WG 10.20.7490 Intel Z370X Motherboard, i7-8700K 4.7 GHz 6 core, 12 Thread LGA-1151 CPU, GTX-1080 8GB Graphics card, 500GB M.2 PCIe NVM SSD, 16 TB Raid 0 Media Drive, 32 GB DDR4 Memory, Intensity Pro 4K AV I/O, CS 5.51 Production Suite.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X