• Show
Clear All

• Gurpreet
    replied
    Catastrophic failure in edius 8 while export any file not solved

Leave a comment:

• zvit
    replied
    My system is much older than yours (7 years old)

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    strange, on my system as in signature it would take 16 min without hardware (9.54 and 10.10)

Leave a comment:

• zvit
    replied
    I never tested without the hardware, but with it, exporting a 1-hour timeline used to take 15-20 minutes and without it would take 50-60 minutes. I've been using Edius since v6 and it's been this way for me all the way through one of the older versions of v9.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by zvit View Post

What do you mean Anton? Edius 9 has always exported H264 5 times faster with hardware acceleration turned on and up until last year, I never had an export issue.
    not in my case, the difference on a 1 hour export maybe 5min

early versions EDIUS 9 and EDIUS 8 and earlier were way slower without hardware

try it without hardware on a 1 hour timeline and after a few min it should show you proper remaining time

Leave a comment:

• zvit
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_SL View Post
    A step forward.

Can you try exporting 30min now?
    I said that after installing that specific version of Intel G driver, I exported a 1-hour timeline successfully. You want me to now export another 30 minutes? I don't mind but want to make sure that you understand that it worked already.

Leave a comment:

• zvit
    replied
    Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
    are you exporting to H264? If so, try disabling hardware acceleration and see if it works

the EDIUS9 and X H264 exporter without hardware is almost as fast as with
    What do you mean Anton? Edius 9 has always exported H264 5 times faster with hardware acceleration turned on and up until last year, I never had an export issue.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    are you exporting to H264? If so, try disabling hardware acceleration and see if it works

the EDIUS9 and X H264 exporter without hardware is almost as fast as with

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_SL
    replied
    A step forward.

Can you try exporting 30min now?

Leave a comment:

• zvit
    replied
    I'll try this next time. 5-minutes of video worked now also. Only the 1-hour timeline caused crashes.
    What worked now was installing Intel driver 09.18.10.3222

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_SL
    replied
    Are there any third-party plugs in the project?
    Can you try something?
    Create a new user profile, choose it then save and exit.
    Start EDIUS
    Then try exporting 5 minutes.
    What is the result?

Leave a comment:

• zvit
    replied
    Bad news. I can't export a 1-hour timeline, keep getting Catastrophic Error, even though the services are running. Been trying every solution for hours. I hate Edius! But this is an old project that I must export in Edius.

Leave a comment:

• Tobe
    replied
    When i got the catastrophic error notice I was told to be sure my "Temp" folders were empty. I try to remember to do that each morning...but I still occasionally get this notice...A reboot of EDIUS fixes it for most of the session.

Leave a comment:

• zvit
    replied
    Originally posted by BernH View Post

My 64 bit one is in automatic, the other is in manual. These are the default settings when installed and never caused me any catastrophic errors. If the OP's 64 bit one was set to manual, it is not the normal situation, so yes I could see it causing a problem, but the question is, how and why did it get set to manual to begin with?
    I also had one auto and one manual at default. While exporting, the manual one was not running. Maybe it should have been triggered to run and didn't, which caused my error - thus setting it to auto assured that it would be on at export?
    I don't know.

This was just something that solved my error. You don't need to change anything if you don't get any errors.

Leave a comment:

• BernH
    replied
    Originally posted by dano3655 View Post
    Question...should the flexnet licensing service (not the 64) be left in manual?
    Dano
    My 64 bit one is in automatic, the other is in manual. These are the default settings when installed and never caused me any catastrophic errors. If the OP's 64 bit one was set to manual, it is not the normal situation, so yes I could see it causing a problem, but the question is, how and why did it get set to manual to begin with?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X