Closed captioning workflow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closed captioning workflow

I am getting ready to complete a 73 min documentary to which I would like to add closed captions. I understand I must get a compatible .scc file made by a third party vendor...but it's unclear to me how to add it to my EDIUS edit. Can I merge it somehow to the entire EDIUS timeline?...or must I make an intermediate (HQX, etc.) and merge it to that file? Is there a step by step workflow to follow? I know some users here have experience with this process, and I for one am confused on how to do it. A search did not give me the answers I seek.
    Thanks in advance.
    Documentaries and Art Projects
    Hudson Valley, NY

i7 8700K @ 3.70 Ghz/16 gb RAM
    windows 10
    284 gb SSD boot drive
    2 TB work disc
    2TB storage disc
    EDIUS 9.52.6031
    Many external project hard drives

Edius merges the scc file with a video clip, so a single file is requires. You may be able to do it with a nested timeline too, but I haven't tried it.

It would be much nicer if it lived as a separate timeline clip instead of linked to a video clip. As a separate clip it would not be dependent on syncronous embedded timecode with the video clip, but instead everything would be referenceing the master timecode of the timeline.

How to merge is covered in the manual https://www.edius.net/downloads/en/workgroup9manual.pdf
    Last edited by BernH; 08-02-2020, 01:53 PM.
    Edius WG 9.52.6153, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.8.0.5, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 4TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x2TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software RAID 0/stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).

Comment

Thanks, that's what i thought...a single clip.
      Documentaries and Art Projects
      Hudson Valley, NY

i7 8700K @ 3.70 Ghz/16 gb RAM
      windows 10
      284 gb SSD boot drive
      2 TB work disc
      2TB storage disc
      EDIUS 9.52.6031
      Many external project hard drives

Comment

Working...
      X