Fixing offline clips containing image sequence Extremely slow/crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixing offline clips containing image sequence Extremely slow/crashing

I have a video project featuring image sequences. The images have been moved so I have to use Restore Offline Clips. When the project opens the it keeps looping through the missing files in the bottom corner and the Restore Offline Clip is greyed out. If I double click one of the clips in the browser then offers me the option to restore the location of the files. That takes forever to open. Then when I open and relocate the images all those operations take forever. It has crashed numerous times. This is using the latest EDIUS 8.x version.

CPU is not maxed out at any point during this process no is disk through put so if EDIUS is not computing something or maxing out the disk (which is a RAID array capable of over 300 mb/s ) then what is it doing and why is it so unstable? This is terrible and I have numerous projects like this to update.

delete the image sequence on the timeline, save and restart EDIUS and then import the sequence again the correct way as a single clip. So only one clip will appear in bin and also on timeline associated with the sequence

you only select the first still and tick the sequence option
    https://www.videoproductions.com.au/...l-sequence.png
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS 9 WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

The image sequence is a clip, it was imported as an image sequence. If I were to delete the clip, I would have to recreate all the edits for it which would be a lot of work. There is only one clip in the bin, and it is a clip, like all other videos, on the time line. It just happens to be an image sequence.

The location for the images that are for the image sequence clip has changed and EDIUS is hanging/crashing/taking forever to let me reassign them to the new folder.

Comment

EDIUS has issues with handling image sequences, if they are located on SSD, performance will be better, spinning drives will slow you to a halt with the way EDIUS handles the still sequences

for best performance, tga sequences with SSD or spinning drive raid is a must for better performance
        Anton Strauss
        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS 9 WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Working...
        X