The Upgrade Confusion Edius 9 Pro OR Edius 9 Pro WG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Upgrade Confusion Edius 9 Pro OR Edius 9 Pro WG

I am trying to decide which version I should buy. Not so much what I need, not the bare minimum. I'll probably never add the K2 system, but I do like (honestly can do without it), the Loudness set. Now that you get MYNC with both versions, here's my issues.

I have two licenses for Edius 8.53 for Workgroup, and want to upgrade to either Edius 9 Pro or Edius 9 Pro for Workgroup. After that, my intention is to take advantage of the promotion by getting the free upgrade to Edius 10 or is it Edius X. With that said, I want to know in detail if by simply purchasing the Ver. 8 to Ver. 9 Pro update (cheapest option), gives me Edius 9 Pro for WG or just Edius 9 Pro.

1.) Does "upgrading" as apposed to a full purchase, qualify for all of these promo upgrades going forward.

2.) Do you get to keep Edius 8.53 WG on your computer, even after upgrading to the Edius X?

3.) After purchase of this upgrade (the Ver. 8 to Ver. 9 update), does it automatically install the Edius 9 Pro for Workgroup software or only the Edius 9 Pro version?

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
    [COLOR="Teal"]
    Main System:
    Edius WG 8.53, Alienware Aurora R7, 8th Gen Intel(R) Core i7,256GB M.2 PCIe Solid State Drive,(Programs ),2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage), 1TB Samsung SSD (Storage)16GB DDR4,NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X' 850W PSU ,Windows 10 Pro
    2nd: Asus Republic of gamers Rampage 3, 6 gb, nVidia gtx, i7, win7, Edius WG 8.52 /w Spark card.
    3nd: Dell precision mobile M4600 workstation i7, nVidia 2000m, Edius 6.08.

When you upgrade from 8WG to 8Pro, you will end up with Pro and you will lose several important features

yes, you will get the free X serial but only the Pro one

EDIUS 8 needs to be removed when you install X, you can only have 9 and X on the same system

I would upgrade to 9WG, then you will also get X WG
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS 9 WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Thanks Anton, I thought that this would be the response. We want to use one of the licenses at my church so they can continue doing virtual services during the pandemic, using volunteer editors in rotation to finish post, and uploads. How many workstations can we use with one license of the WG ver. I read that you do not have to creat an Eid for the WG version, so how is it registered?
      [COLOR="Teal"]
      Main System:
      Edius WG 8.53, Alienware Aurora R7, 8th Gen Intel(R) Core i7,256GB M.2 PCIe Solid State Drive,(Programs ),2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage), 1TB Samsung SSD (Storage)16GB DDR4,NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X' 850W PSU ,Windows 10 Pro
      2nd: Asus Republic of gamers Rampage 3, 6 gb, nVidia gtx, i7, win7, Edius WG 8.52 /w Spark card.

Comment

Anton, what do you consider the most important feature in Edius WG ?
        [COLOR="Teal"]
        Main System:

Comment

Originally posted by George_S View Post
          Anton, what do you consider the most important feature in Edius WG ?
          no internet connection needed after activation, the Pro version requires internet for monthly license check, if editing in a remote location with no internet, you can't start EDIUS after one month

preview quality option, so you can do multi layer 4k with ease without stutter

hardware output conversion option, meaning you will be able to see 4k footage from a UHD timeline on a HDTV when outputting via a BM or GV card even if the TV is HD only

Loudness meter

Audio monitoring mode options

when installing WG, you click skip to EDIUS ID, not needed unless you want to download the free NB Titler 5 (I don't use it)

Anton Strauss

EDIUS 9 WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Thank you for all the assistance. I have the purchased version of NB titler 7, so I guess on install I should do which?
            [COLOR="Teal"]
            Main System:

Comment

Originally posted by George_S View Post
              Thank you for all the assistance. I have the purchased version of NB titler 7, so I guess on install I should do which?
              it is already installed, all you have to do is copy the newblue folder from 8 plugins to 9 plugins, then it will work in both versions, no need to uninstall 8 when installing 9
              Anton Strauss

Comment

Working...
              X