Enhanced Film Effect for free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enhanced Film Effect for free

I was asked to make a super8 film effect for a project but we didn't end up using it (it was a bit to realistic). So I thought I would drop it here for anyone to use. There are 2 versions
    • With a sprocket hole
    • without a sprocket hole
    They are built as a Blend effect so that you can dial blur amount in or out. Simulating gate flutter.
    I have modified the color response to emulate contrasty film with low dynamic range.

Grab the zipped FX files from my GDrive

Film effect super 8 sprocket.jpg
    Attached Files
    Check out my blog
    and YouTube channel

how do u use these effects??

Comment

Maybe login to forum & download the file and 'unzip' into a folder. Look in the folder, there will be *.tpd files. From your edius effects bin, R click and select import, now select .tpd files. Job done. It's all in the manual.
      Sys1: Gigabyte Z370 HD3 i7 8086K(4.3Ghz), 16Gb ram, 256Gb SSD system + 2x2Tb video drives, Graphics: nVidia 1060 (W10 Pro) E8v3 WG; Vegas Pro17; DVD Architect 5.2
      Sys2 :Clevo i7 6700HQ 3.5Ghz,16Gb ram 2565Gb SSD + 1Tb (W10 Pro)
      Software: E8v3 WG; Vegas Pro17

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Thanks for your interest, of note is the fact that the aspect ratio doesn't match Super8 which was effectively square, but most content these days is captured widescreen, so i opted for a middle ground.
          Check out my blog
          and YouTube channel

Comment

Out of curiosity, why would you want to have an option with sprocket holes?
            My first camera in 1977 was Super8 camera and I have never seen sprocket holes in the projection
            Anton Strauss
            Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS 9 WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

oh gee! thanks for that Geoff.... yeah..did that .. didnt work! does it work on edius 7??
              Last edited by ulyssesvideo; 07-27-2020, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ulyssesvideo View Post
                oh gee! thanks for that Geoff.... yeah..did that .. didnt work! does it work on edius 7??
                Oh I'm sorry I'm not sure, I'm using an enterprise version attached to Stratus so the numbering is a bit screwy. Anyway the info box says V6.9.5622 which I think means its either V8 or V9?
                Check out my blog
                and YouTube channel

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
                  Out of curiosity, why would you want to have an option with sprocket holes?
                  My first camera in 1977 was Super8 camera and I have never seen sprocket holes in the projection
                  Its just an affectation for people who want the whole film experience as if through a modern scanner I guess (instead of a telecine chain). I also got the sprocket in the wrong spot.
                  Here is an example of rudimentary scanning from a flat bed
                  Check out my blog
                  and YouTube channel

Comment

Originally posted by 3pointedit View Post

Oh I'm sorry I'm not sure, I'm using an enterprise version attached to Stratus so the numbering is a bit screwy. Anyway the info box says V6.9.5622 which I think means its either V8 or V9?
                    yes.... doesnt work on edius 7. all good.... will be updating to e9 soon then e10.

Comment

Originally posted by 3pointedit View Post

Its just an affectation for people who want the whole film experience as if through a modern scanner I guess (instead of a telecine chain). I also got the sprocket in the wrong spot.
                      Here is an example of rudimentary scanning from a flat bed
                      Very interesting page. Bravo
                      Yvon durieux alias "Haddock" Belgium GMT + 2

Sorry for my poor english, I am french native speaking

Main System: Azus Z87 Pro, [email protected], 16gb ram, Nvidia GeForce GT 630, Windows 7 Pro 64, Samsung 840 pro, Edius 8.53.2808 WG and 9.40.4896 + NXexpress or HDspark, 2T separate video SSD.

Comment

Working...
                      X