Flickering LED Lights Nuisance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flickering LED Lights Nuisance

I shot a video Saturday in 1920X1080, 59.94 FPS, 10 BIT, AVCL. I was videoing a cherry wood cabinetry with hidden LED lighting. The lighting was on and illuminates the shelving, sides, and back of the cabinetry and there is a lot of flickering spoiling the video. I shot lots of video with the lights off and on so all is not lost but there is a couple of shots I would like to edit into the final video with the LED lighting on but of course, I don't want the flickering.

This is what I tried so far. I went to properties within the Edius timeline and dropped the frame rate down to 29.97 and I still get the same flickering. The second thing I tried. I sent the clip to file using a lower frame rate of 29.97 and it has reduced the flickering to a waving light as seen in the youtube clip below but the wave light still not good. The YouTube video is very similar if not identical to the one I have in my file. Any ideas on how to fix it? Thank you.

https://youtu.be/tGebFUQcX-I
    Last edited by student101; 06-29-2020, 11:10 PM.
    Edius 7.53, HP Z440 With 27"& 24" Double Monitors, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Service Pack 1, 3.5 GHz Intel Xeon E5-1650 V3, Six-Core, 64GB Ram, Z Turbo G2 SSD, Three 1TB SATAs, 2TB SATA, ASUS GTX-1080TI.

Have you tried the anti-flicker filter in Edius?
    My System: Edius Workgroup 9.51, Intel I9-9900K 3.60GHz Liquid Cooling, MSI Z390-A PRO MB, 32-GB Mem, GeForce GTX 1660 6GB GPU, BM Mini-Monitor (HD) Card, Win 10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by LewS View Post
      Have you tried the anti-flicker filter in Edius?
      Yes, I tried the anti-flicker and it had absolutely no effect at all. If I'm hearing this from you than it looks like I'll have to use the other videos that I have with the LED lights off.

I have videoed cheaper manufactured LED lights before without any flickering but these more expensive L&S LEDs caught me off guard. Thank you!
      Edius 7.53, HP Z440 With 27"& 24" Double Monitors, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Service Pack 1, 3.5 GHz Intel Xeon E5-1650 V3, Six-Core, 64GB Ram, Z Turbo G2 SSD, Three 1TB SATAs, 2TB SATA, ASUS GTX-1080TI.

Comment

use neat video 5 as it has a anti-flicker function or use digitalanarchy flicker free.

also you can use after effects by following these steps..
        1. Go through the footage frame by frame. Find the first flicker frame.
        2. Duplicate the layer, and on the duplicate, find an adjacent frame with no flicker.
        3. Make the duplicate 1 frame long, put it above the original layer, and move it in time to cover the flicker frame.
        4. On the first layer, create a feathered mask around the area(s) that received the flicker in the bad layer. If the shot moves, reposition as necessary.
        5.Repeat the steps above until you’re done.

Comment

Originally posted by ulyssesvideo View Post
          use neat video 5 as it has a anti-flicker function or use digitalanarchy flicker free.

also you can use after effects by following these steps..
          1. Go through the footage frame by frame. Find the first flicker frame.
          2. Duplicate the layer, and on the duplicate, find an adjacent frame with no flicker.
          3. Make the duplicate 1 frame long, put it above the original layer, and move it in time to cover the flicker frame.
          4. On the first layer, create a feathered mask around the area(s) that received the flicker in the bad layer. If the shot moves, reposition as necessary.
          5.Repeat the steps above until you’re done.
          That's a great idea!!! I wish I would've thought that. Very cool....

Comment

Working...
          X