Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask your questions about the new forum here.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigitalDave View Post
    WHINGE ALERT: Why do I get emails "Courrier Grass Valley Forums <noreply-**********@vbulletin.net>" We on this side of the pond know that you cant spell in the US but this is French (for "mail"). Is this the Canadian influence? Just off to get a life!
    I recommend 500ml of SC to fix the issue for one day
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS 9 WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post

I recommend 500ml of SC to fix the issue for one day
      Thank you doctor.

Comment

I also just got an interesting notification, I have no idea what it means

Anton-00603.png
        Anton Strauss

EDIUS 9 WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

To the forum admin:

when clicking an existing bold forum thread containing new replies, I should be taken to the first new unread post and not to the very first post that I already read days earlier (the tiny icon on the left of the thread title is too difficult to click)

it worked perfect with the old forum

also, the thread category must also appear at the bottom of the page like it was in the old forum so you can quickly jump to any other unread threads within the category, see attached

it will make browsing the forum a pleasure, thanks in advance

Anton-00606.png
          Last edited by antonsvideo; 07-02-2020, 07:15 AM.
          Anton Strauss

Comment

Hi, Why is it every time I want to go on this forum, I have to sign in, even though I click save my information. It's most annoying.
            Pete
            Intel (R) Core i7-770 CPU 3.6ghz
            Ram -32gig, 64 bit Windows 10 Pro
            GeForceGTX 1050 T

Comment

check and make sure your DOB is added in your profile
              Anton Strauss

Comment

In the old forum you could just ignore the sub forums and click all day long at today's post and be taken to every post and thread you last read and continue from there.
                now, i assume activity, is something similar, but it takes you to the last existing post, and i need to look for what i have read last time i visited the thread.
                also sorting ascending or descending doesn't seem to stick for me...
                either I'm still thrown off ballance by the new way of things or the difference between tablet and pc use of the forum.
                Tony D.

EDIUS WG 9.52 / MATROX MXO2 LE / WIN10 Pro WS / LENOVO P71 Workstation laptop / XEON E3-1535M v6 / nVidia QUADRO P3000 6GB / Toshiba M.2 NVMe 512GB / 2x Samsung 860 EVO 4TB / 32GB ECC RAM.

EDIUS WG 8.53 / HDRX-E1 + HDBX-1000H / WIN10 Pro / DUAL XEON X5470 / SUPERMICRO X7DWA-N / SUPERMICRO SUPERCHASIS SC745TQ-920B / INTEL 520 SSD 240GB / WD CAVIAR BLACK 4TB (many) / 32GB ECC RAM / GTX 770 4GB / 2x MOTU 896HD.

wavearts / neatvideo / tmpgenc / hitfilm / imaginate / affinity

Comment

you are not thrown off balance, there is still work to be done to make it as good or ideally better than the old forum

so far, the only plus is that it is mobile friendly which the old forum was not
                  Anton Strauss

Comment

OK. I can go to my Profile, and try edit it, but the invalid (default ) birthday is not editable, and nothing can be saved. What am I missing as far as correcting the birthday, to a valid date, or is it only available to a new registration?

Comment

Originally posted by dpalomaki View Post
                      OK. I can go to my Profile, and try edit it, but the invalid (default ) birthday is not editable, and nothing can be saved. What am I missing as far as correcting the birthday, to a valid date, or is it only available to a new registration?
                      I discovered this in #5 It was corrected by Pat or the webmaster. I thought the webmaster had now made that editable as there were many of us born on 01 01 1000.

Comment

To the forum admin:

when clicking an existing bold forum thread containing new replies, I should be taken to the first new unread post and not to the very first post that I already read days earlier (the tiny icon on the left of the thread title is too difficult to click) it worked perfect with the old forum
                        [/URL]
                        There is blue arrow icon on the left of a thread which take you to the last post you can also use a filter after you have clicked the thread to only show today's post.

last post.png

also, the thread category must also appear at the bottom of the page like it was in the old forum so you can quickly jump to any other unread threads within the category, see attached

it will make browsing the forum a pleasure, thanks in advance

Anton-00606.png
                        We will look in to that. Thanks.
                        Steve

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

I also just got an interesting notification, I have no idea what it means

Anton-00603.png
                          What was the action that caused this?
                          Steve

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalDave View Post

I discovered this in #5 It was corrected by Pat or the webmaster. I thought the webmaster had now made that editable as there were many of us born on 01 01 1000.
                            Still doesn't work for me. Birthday still not editable so cannot save.
                            Ron Evans

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 SATA OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 6T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, MSI 1080Ti 11G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro, Shuttle Pro2

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, IP4K, EDIUS 9.5 WG, Vegas 17, Resolve Studio 16

Cameras: GH5S, GH5, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V x 2

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Evans View Post

Still doesn't work for me. Birthday still not editable so cannot save.
                              We are working on that, though it may be after the holiday weekend.
                              Main System: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB , GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i PS, Phanteks Luxe Case, 16TB RAID (4)HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB, Corsair H115i CPU Cooler, AJA Kona 4, BMD Intensity Pro 4K, Win 10

Comment

you are not thrown off balance, there is still work to be done to make it as good or ideally better than the old forum

so far, the only plus is that it is mobile friendly which the old forum was not
                                Yes Anton you are correct, still a little work to be done but i have good hope, so far nice and snappy and start to get my way around a little better.
                                I understand that a new set-up will have some kinks here and there, I just patiently drink some more then it will all fall in it's place.
                                I often read at night and on the tablet (android) it looks slightly different then on PC with firefox.
                                Sure it's just a matter of time and all will be well, it works much better on mobile devices.
                                Tony D.

EDIUS WG 9.52 / MATROX MXO2 LE / WIN10 Pro WS / LENOVO P71 Workstation laptop / XEON E3-1535M v6 / nVidia QUADRO P3000 6GB / Toshiba M.2 NVMe 512GB / 2x Samsung 860 EVO 4TB / 32GB ECC RAM.

EDIUS WG 8.53 / HDRX-E1 + HDBX-1000H / WIN10 Pro / DUAL XEON X5470 / SUPERMICRO X7DWA-N / SUPERMICRO SUPERCHASIS SC745TQ-920B / INTEL 520 SSD 240GB / WD CAVIAR BLACK 4TB (many) / 32GB ECC RAM / GTX 770 4GB / 2x MOTU 896HD.

wavearts / neatvideo / tmpgenc / hitfilm / imaginate / affinity

Comment

Working...
                                X