Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything being done about the 4.6 problem

Hi
    I'm in the same pickle as many others here about the 4.6 installation. Is there any news about a fix? We have a client with Sony XDcam EX1 footage and we need to get it in the system. It does seem to be dragging out somehow.

Thx

Originally posted by george View Post
    Hi
    I'm in the same pickle as many others here about the 4.6 installation. Is there any news about a fix? We have a client with Sony XDcam EX1 footage and we need to get it in the system. It does seem to be dragging out somehow.

Thx
    George I'm running 4.6 fine. You really need to check your installation and the Hardware you are running it on. Also explaining what Problem you are having would be a great start, instead of generalizing that there is an issue.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Edius 4.6 Broadcast, FCP Studio, MacPro 8 Core, (Currently using 8800GT) ATI 2600

Comment

Originally posted by majormauser View Post
      George I'm running 4.6 fine. You really need to check your installation and the Hardware you are running it on. Also explaining what Problem you are having would be a great start, instead of generalizing that there is an issue.
      GRGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! No you dont! You know only too well the problem as do engineering in Japan who have identified it and a fix will be included in 4.61 released next month. There is a post from KH to that effect somewhere.

DD

Comment

More specifics are always better.

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalDave View Post
          GRGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! No you dont! You know only too well the problem as do engineering in Japan who have identified it and a fix will be included in 4.61 released next month. There is a post from KH to that effect somewhere.

DD
          Honestly I did not know.
          ---------------------------------------------------
          Edius 4.6 Broadcast, FCP Studio, MacPro 8 Core, (Currently using 8800GT) ATI 2600

Comment

here is, whath "DD" meant

source: http://ediusforum.grassvalley.com/fo...d.php?t=521203

03-16-2008, 12:22 AM

The issue has been identified in Japan and a fix is expected to be incorporated into the next service release (presently 4.61), due next month.
            Edius 5,51 / Edius 6.08 / Edius 6.54(b) / Neo 3.0 / Neo 3.5

Comment

Originally posted by george View Post
              Hi

Thx
              Have you tried the fix suggested in this thread?
              http://ediusforum.grassvalley.com/fo...ius.dll&page=2

Comment

Just what is the 4.6 problem?

Hi I note everyone talking about the 4.6 problem, but nobody mentioned just what the 4.6 problem is. I tried to follow the link from Hans, but is has been abbreviated with an ellipse (...)

Could some body point me to what the problem is? I'm possibly about to purchase an XDCAM EX

Thanks
                Intel Quad Core Extreme 3GHz/12M, 4Gb RAM, 2Tb Hot-swap (ARAID), NVIDIA GeoForce 8800 GTS, Edius Broadcast 4.61 / Edius 5.5, Procoder 3, DVDit Pro HD, Sonicfire Pro 5, Mercalli, Vitascene, Adorage. TwinPact 100, Pegasus, TMPro. VirtualDub

Comment

Originally posted by pjsssss View Post
                  Have you tried the fix suggested in this thread?
                  http://ediusforum.grassvalley.com/fo...ius.dll&page=2
                  I've seen reports that the above "remedy" can render MXF import incapable of functioning..

Comment

So these reports said that replacing this dll with an identical one from a working system causes the MXF import to not work?

Comment

Originally posted by TrackRanger View Post
                      Hi I note everyone talking about the 4.6 problem, but nobody mentioned just what the 4.6 problem is. I tried to follow the link from Hans, but is has been abbreviated with an ellipse (...)

Could some body point me to what the problem is? I'm possibly about to purchase an XDCAM EX

Thanks
                      Hi Trevor, welocme to the forum.

The "problem" being talked about is that some people, after loading the 4.6 update, either could not start Edius or mainly received an Edius has expired message which would not allow it to run. This only happened to some and the update either seemed to work or not at all. KH reported that Japan has identified the problem and a fix should be coming shortly sometime in April.

If you are buying the EX, there has been some problems with the picture when down converting to an SD end result. This thread seems to point to a nice workaround. Also search the forum and you will see a couple of threads on the situation.
                      http://ediusforum.grassvalley.com/fo...?t=5141&page=4

Comment

Anything being done about the 4.6 problem

Thanks pjsssss for taking the time to make the clarification
                        Intel Quad Core Extreme 3GHz/12M, 4Gb RAM, 2Tb Hot-swap (ARAID), NVIDIA GeoForce 8800 GTS, Edius Broadcast 4.61 / Edius 5.5, Procoder 3, DVDit Pro HD, Sonicfire Pro 5, Mercalli, Vitascene, Adorage. TwinPact 100, Pegasus, TMPro. VirtualDub

Comment

I tried a roll back and of course Edius disapeared no previous version to be seen
                          I then re instaled and a message came up saying it couldnt find a file... dont ask its name i didnt record it and let it continue with install. Hey it now seems to work
                          System Asus WS Z390 Pro MB, CPU i9 9900K, 32gb 3000mhz Ram, EVGA GTX1070TI, BM IP4K Win 10, BD Burner 1 Evo 840 and 4 Hotswap caddies
                          Plugins Vistitle 2.8, TP7, NB TFX5
                          Monitors Samsung 32 inch tv as main 1 LG M2350D,1 D2343 1 DM2350D as output to (3D) IP4K, PXW X70,Canon FX400

Comment

Working...
                          X