TmPro errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alter Ego View Post
    Any bets that Heroglyph comes bundled with Edius 5?
    I played with it but the interface frustrated me, I could not get to like it after several attempts
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
      GV Australia are sending me a new version (December 2007) of TMPro to test, should get it next week, will post back my test results
      As I understand it, that newer build simply allows TMP to install as a plug-in for the new Aurora Craft software, and that's it.

But hey, it might contain a bug fix or two..

Comment

you were correct, the new TmPro 3.7 did not solve the error, however I now discovered the possible cause

1. start a 16:9 standard def Pal or NTSC project and create a title, close Edius

2. start a 4:3 standard def Pal or NTSC project and add a title, now you should get the error, seems to be caused by aspect switch
        http://www.videoproductions.com.au/e...Pro-errors.gif

also, switching a 16:9 project to 4:3 and then double clicking an existing 16:9 title to make it reshape to 4:3 will cause the error

at least I know the cause now and I will learn to live with it
        Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

TMPro Errors

Hi Anton

Same thing happened to me yesterday. Can't specifically recall the exact operation, but I was certainly changing existing text on screen. Got the Exception Error. Have retried just now, and not surprisingly, can't reproduce. My version is Pro.36
          Trevor
          Intel Quad Core Extreme 3GHz/12M, 4Gb RAM, 2Tb Hot-swap (ARAID), NVIDIA GeoForce 8800 GTS, Edius Broadcast 4.61 / Edius 5.5, Procoder 3, DVDit Pro HD, Sonicfire Pro 5, Mercalli, Vitascene, Adorage. TwinPact 100, Pegasus, TMPro. VirtualDub

Comment

Hi Anton,

I cannot reproduce your error on my system.

a) First start a new project with SD 16:9 - create a title on timeline, save project, quit EDIUS.

b) Start a new project with SD 4:3 - create another title on timeline - no problems. Even if I attempt to open the project created in (a) - also no problems.

Unless I understand you incorrectly ....
            TingSern
            --------------------------------------
            Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

you are doing it correct

it must be system related then

I also updated graphics card driver to latest version, did not help other than losing Xplode real-time
              Anton Strauss

Comment

What is your video card then?
                TingSern
                Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

Geforce FX5700 with 256mb ram

note, I also use Edius SP hardware, maybe that could be related?

also, I get the error a lot when I copy/paste text from notepad to TMPro
                  Anton Strauss

Comment

Maybe it might be your EDIUS SP hardware then. I use NX - and have not experienced what you are getting.

Video drivers - latest version might not be the greatest ... best to go for Microsoft's Hardware certified versions instead of the latest version - as the Microsoft's certified drivers tend to be more stable. They might be a little bit slower than the latest version - but, I value stability more than sheer speed. Especially with today's hardware, so what if the display comes out 0.00025 seconds slower?
                    TingSern

Comment

another clue

whenever the error pops, TmPro does not show the video, it shows checkered background
                      http://www.videoproductions.com.au/e...mpro-error.gif
                      Anton Strauss

Comment

It looks like some interaction between the video card driver and the EDIUS SP hardware - video overlay method. Can try switching to another overlay method in EDIUS and see?
                        TingSern

Comment

Problem found and solved

the problem is caused if using drop shadow, I always use drop shadow at level 3
                          http://www.videoproductions.com.au/e...ror-shadow.gif

when turning off drop shadow to level 0, there is no more error, I opened and closed TmPro a 100 times now and it is perfect

so, I then tried soft shadow at level 3 instead of drop shadow and there are also no errors, so I will stick with soft shadow

I will report to Japan
                          Anton Strauss

Comment

Great stuff. I don't use DROP SHADOWS in my TMPRO ... that's why. Anyway, good to know that - and avoid using it untill they fix the problem (if ever).
                            TingSern

Comment

Working...
                            X