Information on Titlemotion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information on Titlemotion

I am trying to get information regarding Titlemotion. I get crashes with and I would like to find them on the Web to try to solve my problem and see if I have the latest version, etc.

I go to the Inscriber web site and that automatically brings me to the Harris web site and this site has no mention whatsoever about Titlemotion. I looked everywhere else and I can't find them. It is as though they have dissappeared from the face of the earth.

Am I looking at the wrong places?

Can someone help?

Note: I am using EDIUS Pro 4.6 and TMP5.2

Rick
    BigRick, Montreal, Canada

EDIUS 8.3 with HDSpark - Intel I7-3770k, 16 GB Ram, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, ASUS GF GTX560 TI 1 Gb Video Card and Intel® HD Graphics 4000, 2 X LCD 24" Monitors (1920X1200), 1 X LCD 32" Television
    1 SSD Samsung 500 Gb (System),1 SSD Samsung 500 Gb (Video data), 2 X 3TB Sata II, and others

Inscriber got bought by Leitch, who then got bought by Harris.

There used to be some documentations, link it seems they're sinking deeper into the tar pit...

Seems the Inscriber forum is still alive though:
    http://forums.inscriber.com/

Comment

Thanks...

Thanks for your answer.

I find it very odd that it is hard to get information regarding this beautiful but buggy piece of software.

This brings me to another question. Considering the Internet dissappearing act that Titlemotion is pulling on us, is GrassValley concerned about this? Is GrassValley concerned that Harris might not be giving support to this software package in the future? I know I am.....

Rick
      BigRick, Montreal, Canada

EDIUS 8.3 with HDSpark - Intel I7-3770k, 16 GB Ram, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, ASUS GF GTX560 TI 1 Gb Video Card and Intel® HD Graphics 4000, 2 X LCD 24" Monitors (1920X1200), 1 X LCD 32" Television
      1 SSD Samsung 500 Gb (System),1 SSD Samsung 500 Gb (Video data), 2 X 3TB Sata II, and others

Comment

Also convey the same concern for Rick, I think you should buy Grass Valley all rights to the software "Title Motion Pro" to ensure this great titulador for future versions of EDIUS, which incidentally is indespensable in my work ...
        CSXD2 l For EDIUS Pro 6.5
        http://cinemasuite.blogspot.com/

Comment

Title Motion DVD

I purchased a Title Motion training DVD from Class On Demand several years ago. It is very good and detailed. It may still be sold on their website.

Comment

There are number of issues, the big political one being that Harris is a competitor of Thomson Grass Valley...

Comment

It is my guess that we should all start to prepare for the end of TMP as our titler for Edius. Prior to the aquisition of Canopus by Thomson/Grass Valley, There was probably a licenese agreement with a contracted term. This was carried forward to the new owners of Canopus. I would not think that it makes good business sense for Harris to supply TMP to Thomson. Back when that deal was inked between Leitch and Canopus, Canopus was considered a consumer "Toy" compared to it's Velocity editor. Now here we are a few short years later and Velocity is a discontinued, defunct product and Edius is gaining in popularity every day.

Being dependant on another company for vital components of your own flagship product does not make good sense either. So, it would be in Thomson's best interest to develop the Quick Titler into a fully featured titler before we are forced to do it all in Adobe or Caymen Graphics Power CG.
              George Dame
              Grass Valley / Canopus System Integrator - Nearly 13 Years
              Providing Systems, Onsite Delivery, Support & Training Services Nationwide
              Get Your Copy of The Edius 6 Comprehensive Tutorial by contacting me via PM, email or phone
              Invite us to your local video association for a full demonstration!
              www.editHD.com - 1-877-ieditDV

Comment

Originally posted by gdame View Post
                It is my guess that we should all start to prepare for the end of TMP as our titler for Edius.
                Did that a long time ago before I became involved with Edius when I was a Premiarian and it was just as troublesome then, so there will be no tears here
                I use Boris, Quick Titler, Bluff Titler and of all things Title Deco exporting in Targa, it might only be in 4x3 and 720x576 but for a small title it can be placed in the title track and manipulated to any spot on the canvas
                Regards Barry
                Win 10HP, EDIUS WG9.4, HD Spark, Boris RED 5, VMW6, Authorworks 6, Bluff Titler, VisTitler 2.8, NEAT 3/4, Mercalli 2/4, Vitascene, Izotope RX6 Plugin, NewBlue, Trend Micro AV
                GB GA-X58A-UD3R MB, i7 [email protected], 12G 1600mhz Mem, Samsung EVO-250G SSD, 3x2T RAID, GTX 970W OC, 2x24 inch LG Monitors
                Canon XH-A1/ Canon HF-G30, GoPro Hero3 Black, Edit @1920 50p HQ preset

https://vimeo.com/user2157719/videos
                Laptop ASUS G752VT-GC060T Win 10HP, Edius WG8.53 Samsung M2 SSD 256G+1Tb HD,

Comment

While it is too far out from the next major release of EDIUS to know for sure, at this time there are no plans to change titling applications.

Comment

Working...
                  X