X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerry View Post
    Did SP1 fix the write speed issue with Vista? That is my main concern, after drivers, of course.
    Don't know, you'll have to ask Kenneally about that one... I'm running XP Pro x64

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_BH View Post
    Some stuff I want to play with still doesn't have x64 drivers, like Belkin's USB Network hub.
    That said, my primary PC is x64 (I don't have EDIUS hardware) and caveats aside, things are going OK so far.

But I guess if you're only doing video, you should be OK - RAID, Ethernet, and Graphics hardware is well supported if it's recent hardware.

As for the question... I would install 64-bit OS and 32-bit OS on separate drives.
    Brandon,
    Did SP1 fix the write speed issue with Vista? That is my main concern, after drivers, of course.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    Some stuff I want to play with still doesn't have x64 drivers, like Belkin's USB Network hub.
    That said, my primary PC is x64 (I don't have EDIUS hardware) and caveats aside, things are going OK so far.

But I guess if you're only doing video, you should be OK - RAID, Ethernet, and Graphics hardware is well supported if it's recent hardware.

As for the question... I would install 64-bit OS and 32-bit OS on separate drives.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Truly
    replied
    I've got my fingers crossed!

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike Truly View Post
    Yes, I too am running XP x64 Professional. I hope the driver will work with this OS as well.
    At this stage, it isn't known yet if XP x64 support will eventuate for our drivers. IF it happens, it'd only be for those boards that are listed for Vista support. (e.g. NX, SP, etc)

Leave a comment:

• Mike Truly
    replied
    Yes, I too am running XP x64 Professional. I hope the driver will work with this OS as well.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Crespel
    replied
    I agree with that - I had all HW drivers for XP 64bit Edition ready and the missing NX 64bit driver was the show stopper for a 64bit Video system long time ago.
    In the meantime they talk all of Vista 64bit but I hope the expected NX 64bit driver will run on XP 64bit Professional Edition too.

Leave a comment:

• swsw1550
    replied
    Hardware Drivers

Don't worry about hardware drivers, their is no problems only with Grass Valley hardware who are a bit slow on the 64bit side of things, Most things run fine under Vista 64bit, i.e Software + Hardware, You must remember that if you have a problem with any software you can add the .exe files to DEP Data Execution Prevention, you shouldn't have any problems then with software, I have posted threads on Vista 64bit in the past if you have a look under swsw1550 you should find them, Hope this helps a little.
    I find that most people do not have a good knowlegde on 64bit machines and take the plunge and end up in all sorts of strife.. Do some research on Vista 64bit. I have been using 64bit Vista since before the public release and before that XP 64bit, never had a problem finding drivers ect, (Raid, sound, Graphics, Chipset, ect)

Regards
    Steve
    Ex Microsoft Design Engineer

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    You should be more concerned if you can find hardware drivers for all of your devices :)

Software should work fine.

Leave a comment:

• shueardm
    started a topic The move to Vista 64 bit

The move to Vista 64 bit

So with the release of the roadmap I am pretty close to jumping on the Vista 64 bit train.
    Before I do and assuming I jumped into my time machine and have EDIUS 5.
    What are the most likely things I should be concerned about? Should i still look at a 32 bit and 64 bit install on seperate boot drives?

..and will CS3 programs work well on Vista 64 bit through the cards output? assuming by then we have CS3 output plugins (After Effects, Photoshop), what's up with that?
Working...
X