• alpi69
    replied
    Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
    in my case it would be famous sync mode and infamous ripple mode
    here too ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Mark
    replied
    Mike - I just got off the phone with Tech Support and it appears I had a corrupted file??? I ended up putting the project back to tape and re-loaded it as a new project, so now it's fine. Sorry about all the frustration - I've had it for a day plus!!

Thanks
    Mark

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_MD
    replied
    This is frustrating because I know there is something that is simple that we can't see.

So you are saying that the mouse pointer turns into the orange Bracket when you get to either end of the clip and you are then holding down the left mouse button to drag it out and it will not budge.

Also that if you try to type in a new duration it doesn't change.

Are the clips alone on the timeline?

Have you tried placing a matte at the end of the project and changing the duration as a test?

I am just grasping at straws here... :)

Mike

Leave a comment:

• Mark
    replied
    Hi - No it's not that. As I mentioned in a previous e-mail, I'm having the same problem with Titles and Color Mattes - i.e. it won't let me drag the duration either way? If you have any other suggestions, I would really appreciate it. I waited all day for a call from Tech Support yesterday but had no help!

Thanks
    Mark

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    does the clip show little grey triangle at the edges? if yes, then the clip is fully extended and can't be made longer, but it can be made shorter

Leave a comment:

• Mark
    replied
    "also, if you press Alt+U, is Edius letting you change time to make the clip longer or shorter?"

When I do that, the box comes up I change the time but when I click OK or close, nothing changes????

Leave a comment:

• Mark
    replied
    I have tried alternating between Ripple and Sync and it's still the same. When I open a new project I don't have the problem. Any other suggestions please?

Thanks
    Mark

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by Rusty View Post
    Are you in Ripple Mode or the infamous Sync Mode?
    in my case it would be famous sync mode and infamous ripple mode

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    Are you in Ripple Mode or the infamous Sync Mode?

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    what if you zoom in a bit on timeline?

also, if you press Alt+U, is Edius letting you change time to make the clip longer or shorter?

Leave a comment:

• Mark
    replied
    No, but it changes shape - from a pointer with a tail to one without.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    Does the pointer change icons?

Leave a comment:

• Mark
    replied
    It should be that simple, but it's not letting me?

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    It should simply be a case of clicking and dragging from either the In or Out point of the clip. The mouse pointer will change when you're in close enough range to perform the change with the mouse:

[

(adjust In point)

]

(adjust Out point)

Leave a comment:

• Mark
    started a topic Dragging Clips?

Dragging Clips?

Hi - This is getting embarrassing for me. It seems like I was doing better a month or so ago with my system!! Right - the question now is, when I put a color matt or a clip in the VA track and left click on it to try and make it longer it won't let me. Now what am I doing wrong?? Thanks everyone!!

Mark
Working...
X