• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoundFreak
    replied
    Originally posted by tingsern View Post
    Okay - in that case, you are out of luck
    Saving up for an XDCAM-EX1 or EX3, now only making family movie at home, once enough $$$ the NX expansian card will be in the left over reserved slot on my mobo.

You coming from Singapore should know how a lot of companies work in Malaysia, My rig at home is way up from the rig where I work with a DVstorm2, so at home it should be o.k. to stay SD for a while more.

Thanks for the help .......

Leave a comment:

• tingsern
    replied
    Okay - in that case, you are out of luck ... you really require the component out in order for NX to process HD signals. It just require a normal 32 bits PCI slot.

Leave a comment:

• SoundFreak
    replied
    Originally posted by tingsern View Post
    Well, I really don't understand what is going on. I have the NX + Component Out card here.
    Well I only have the NX, not the component card, how should it work then and what will the settings be ?

Thanks in Advance.

Leave a comment:

• tingsern
    replied
    Well, I really don't understand what is going on. I have the NX + Component Out card here. The firewire from NX is either going into my Sony DSR25 (DV only) or Sony GV-HD700 (HDV tape recorder).

I have NO problems acquiring either DV (from DSR25) or HDV (from GV-HD700). If my GV-HD700 works for playing back a HDV recorded tape and the NX (with EDIUS) can acquire the signal, I can't see why the NX will fail for a real HDV camera in that case.

Leave a comment:

• SoundFreak
    replied
    It's more clear now, not that I like the answer though.

Just bought a NX to use at home with my SD cam, it died so I got one with a slightly better imager, a Cmos with HDV and it looks that the investment is not done yet.

So if I got this picture right, in order to view HDV (capture & Edit) on my TV at home, I need to purchase the HD expansionboard that feeds a component HD signal to the TV display, and my TV is SD Component, so I need to replace my SD component TV with a HD component so that I can see HDV quality.

Wow that's another $$$ to dump in, as this doesn't generate any income and is purely hobby, I think i'll stay with SD for a while.

Thanks Aristotelis for the inside.

Leave a comment:

• Aristotelis
    replied
    1) In that case yes, you need a seperate firewire controller to connect your camera...
    2) The firewire input in NX (without the HD component board) is for DV only.
    3) If you open a generic 1440x1080 project you will not have output at all...The only way that you can have SD output is to select your usual NX SD project and place your HDV clips inside it...

Leave a comment:

• SoundFreak
    replied
    No, I do not have the Component output board as I previously always used to work with SD video.

So if I place another standard IEEE1394 card in my system, do I need to disable the NX in my system properties or will it play nicely side by side ?

I already use a 6 pin Firewire Card for my HD Audio interface, I still have a spare card, so could I use a 6 Pin to 4 Pin cable to capture on the 2nd card ?

I was always in the understanding (until now) that you never need any output capability if you want to input a file only (audio or video), is this a GV/NX/Canopus way of doing things ?

So if I get it right, the Firewire port of the NX card is SD in/out only.

If after a successful capture in HDV, I open a project with 1440-1080i settings, will I still have a SD output on my NX card or will it draw a blank ?

Leave a comment:

• Aristotelis
    replied
    If you have the optional HD component output board then you don't need a seperate firewire card... NX can do the job...

MPEG TS Writer is for printing HDV back to tape

Leave a comment:

• SoundFreak
    replied
    I also have the Same "Issue" as Martin de Roy.

Having bought a HDR9e for use as family camera, shot some HDV clips, connected it to my rig, no show.

Changed camera deck settings to down convert HDV to DV and all was fine, including camera control.

If I don't recall wrongly, In order to capture HDV you need a Separate Firewire Card, the NX card does not work with HDV capture !? (right ?)

As I have used only DV AVI through My DVStorm2 and NX card, me too needs a puch in the right direction how to get this working.

Windows driver should be o.k. as I'm using SP3.

P.S. what do do with the Mpeg TS Writer ? sorry old dog here, only seen photo's of HDV cam's before ! (never actually touched one)

Thank for the help ..............

Leave a comment:

• kwshaw1
    replied
    If you haven't already, go to the Capture menu and select OHCI - HDV instead of OHCI - DV. As others have mentioned you also have to be sure to have the Windows HDV drivers installed, else things won't work right.

I had trouble with HDV capture recently and ended up having to uninstall my FireWire hardware through the device manager and then reinstall it using the Add New Hardware wizard. If all else fails try that.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin de Roy View Post
    Windows xp, sp2. So it should work. Next week I'll try connecting an FX7.
    Thanks
    only the full 250mb service pack2 and 3 have the HDV drivers required

if you updated to SP2 via Microsoft Windows updates, you will be missing the drivers

I recommend downloading the full installer of service pack 3 (320mb)
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Windows xp, sp2. So it should work. Next week I'll try connecting an FX7.
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• xtz_
    replied
    What is your OS? XP must be at least sp2 for HDV.
    Have you tried capturing with MpegCapture?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    HDV capture on Edius 4.6

Thanks Rusty too.
    Camera is not on AutoVCR but on HDV.
    Is it not possible, the first time camera outputted HDV signal the computer did not recognize the device? (He did recognize the camera putting out DV).

Leave a comment:

• Zorro
    replied
    Just a note: imho Edius Pro 4.x has one of the best help manuals. Just press F1 and you'll find everything you need without having to deal with a paper manual.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X