Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio/Video Sync-HELP!!!!

Hi Folks,

Can you please help me? I'm getting pretty rattle with a project that is taking way longer than it should because, obviously it seems I don't know my system well enough! I'm having problems with audio/vid sync. I'm trying to understand how I can move the audio without the video moving with it. It's all off wack at the moment, I've messed with switching sync and ripple modes but can't seem to do anything that takes care of it. Any suggestions for a frustrated user???

Thanks
    Mark
    Mark

The simplest way is to just copy the clip and place the audio in an audio track and the delete the original audio. If you want to leave it in a VA track then use unlink which is accessed by by right clicking the clip. Really no need to mess with Sync monde on this.

Comment

Mark,

What is your audio file in? WAV? or it is MP3 or AAC or any of the compressed audio format?

You are likely to have sync problems with audio on the timeline if it is not WAV (PCM 48Khz, 16 bits).
      TingSern
      --------------------------------------
      Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
        Hi Folks,

Can you please help me? I'm getting pretty rattle with a project that is taking way longer than it should because, obviously it seems I don't know my system well enough! I'm having problems with audio/vid sync. I'm trying to understand how I can move the audio without the video moving with it. It's all off wack at the moment, I've messed with switching sync and ripple modes but can't seem to do anything that takes care of it. Any suggestions for a frustrated user???

Thanks
        Mark

Make sure that the output preset and the audio specs are the same. Also, if you highlight the clip, right click on it, and select ungroup you will beable to move the audio alone.

Mike

Comment

Mark,

Another spiffy fix to get yourself back in "wack" is to double-click the troubled video clip, (this opens it in the Player with the in/out points already marked) Click-drag the player window image to a higher A/V track (the audio will again be synced, but it will not be trimmed with the video). Lop off the ends of the audio and get on with it :/

or...

more painfully...

Control-click the suspect Video and Audio clips and Group (G) The sync offset will be reviled in red. Way too much manual futz work is in order here, so I use the previous method.
          Rusty Rogers | Films
          >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
          >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
          Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

Working...
          X