One more question Gdame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One more question Gdame

I have a appointment with my salesman on monday to discuss my naw workstation.So if we not agree with the parts that I want to my workstation have you any experience with Mac, is this also another option to me or is better to stay with pc.I compare the prices and I'm going to pay also about 3000€.If you think that this is also an option wat is the best Mac that I can buy.

One more time thank you an sorry for all the questions but it's about a new workstation and more of less 3000€ I need to now all the option that I have.

Regards
    Francisco

I have a question. Why do you keep opening threads with a question for Gdgame .
    Isn't it better to keep them in one thread so you have all info in one place? If you want to look up something you just have to find one thread :)

That is what most of us do.
    Hope it can work for you too.

SR
    Last edited by SRsupport; 03-15-2008, 11:40 PM.
    Steve
    EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
    A proud EDIUS EDITOR
    For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Originally posted by kikillo View Post
      I have a appointment with my salesman on monday to discuss my naw workstation.So if we not agree with the parts that I want to my workstation have you any experience with Mac, is this also another option to me or is better to stay with pc.I compare the prices and I'm going to pay also about 3000€.If you think that this is also an option wat is the best Mac that I can buy.

One more time thank you an sorry for all the questions but it's about a new workstation and more of less 3000€ I need to now all the option that I have.

Regards
      Francisco
      Francisco,

I agree with Steve, If you have a specific question for me, you can PM me. Or, try to keep it consolidated to one thread.

I will PM you with a reply tomorrow as I am going to be away till then.
      George Dame
      Grass Valley / Canopus System Integrator - Nearly 13 Years
      Providing Systems, Onsite Delivery, Support & Training Services Nationwide
      Get Your Copy of The Edius 6 Comprehensive Tutorial by contacting me via PM, email or phone
      Invite us to your local video association for a full demonstration!
      www.editHD.com - 1-877-ieditDV

Comment

Originally posted by SRsupport View Post
        I have a question. Why do you keep opening threads with a question for Gdgame .
        Isn't it better to keep them in one thread so you have all info in one place? I f you wan to look up sometihing you just have to find one thread :)

That us what most of us do.
        Hope it can work for you too.

SR
        I also agree with Steve. I would like to add one other item to that.

How about all of you guys and gals asking for help on building new systems do
        a little more research on your own. Most of us on the forum will gladly help those who can and have built computers as well as dealing with Edius, Procoder and Canopus issues.
        In many cases I have seen the very first post by an individual asking for help on building a computer. Then the following week, after they have posted help questions, many many times, they suddenly know all the answers to everything.

First and formost, I believe this forum is to help with GV products implemented in various computers as opposed to computer questions dealing with specific build instructions.
        I guess what bothers me the most is many want it handed to them on a silver platter having invested nothing.
        If you do have questions for George just PM him.( By the way, great talking to you George
        hope you can make it to O town).

To the many who know me, sorry for the rant.
        Jerry
        Six Gill DV
        www.sgdvtutorials.com
        If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
        http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
        Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Questions

I for one do not mind these questions. They are a chance for anyone/everyone to perhaps learn a little more. If they seem redundant, don't read them! Go on to a different topic. When you say "I guess what bothers me the most is many want it handed to them on a silver platter having invested nothing." Want what handed to them? All of us here are simply trying to learn and share that knowledge with others. Research can take inordinate amounts of time and even then the end result will most likely be in terms not understood by the first time researcher. As I said, I like to see these questions because they give me a chance to learn a little more and who knows I might even be able to answer a question or two. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by 3chip View Post
            Want what handed to them? All of us here are simply trying to learn and share that knowledge with others. Research can take inordinate amounts of time and even then the end result will most likely be in terms not understood by the first time researcher.
            I'm sorry, that doesn't sound like trying to learn, it sounds plain lazy.
            Jerry
            Six Gill DV
            www.sgdvtutorials.com
            If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
            http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
            Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Originally posted by gdame View Post
              Francisco,

I agree with Steve, If you have a specific question for me, you can PM me. Or, try to keep it consolidated to one thread.

I will PM you with a reply tomorrow as I am going to be away till then.

I would rather keep it one thread but I do not mind the questions because they are EDIUS related.

Lets just keep it in one thread :)

Mike

Comment

I dont mind the threads, I do mind the "George please help" titled threads, take it to PM if you only care about his opinion.

Comment

Soory about all this?and shuearn if I say "George help" is not because I care only about is opinion but because he is the only that answer my question.So
                  Mike how I do for keep it in one thread?Just every time I have a question I must clik on the button below "REPLY" Am I correct?

Thank you
                  and sorry for the trouble.

Comment

Francisco, What they are saying is to keep the dialog of your questions in the related thread that you had started.

This one; http://ediusforum.grassvalley.com/fo...ead.php?t=5175

When someone posts a new reply in it, it will be bumped (sent) back to the top so that it is easy to find. I am guessing that you started a new one because this one was on page 3. It's just good forum etiquette.

Once we get a specific dialog going that deviates from actuall Edius related discussion, then it is better to use PM (private message). You can do this by clicking on a screen name and choosing "send a private message to ?????".

What Jerry was reffering to is the search features of this forum. Before asking a question, it is best to do some research utilizing the search button at the top of the forum pages. Choosing the best keywords can yeild some great information and most likely the answer to your question. Another way to hunt for information by a particular person is to click on their screenname and choose "find all posts by ?????".

I apologize for the rants, as I can see that you are new here. Just use the tools and enjoy and learn.
                    George Dame
                    Grass Valley / Canopus System Integrator - Nearly 13 Years
                    Providing Systems, Onsite Delivery, Support & Training Services Nationwide
                    Get Your Copy of The Edius 6 Comprehensive Tutorial by contacting me via PM, email or phone
                    Invite us to your local video association for a full demonstration!
                    www.editHD.com - 1-877-ieditDV

Comment

Been watching this thread on the sidelines and want to express my appreciation to Gdame for his help and hints in new system's configuration since I am about to build yet another PC for AV Editing.
                      It is very difficult to ascertain what will properly work or not specifically on Edius (compared to Anandtech or ArsTechnica where most advise is gamer's centric) and Gdame's experience as a Canopus/GV Integrator is greatly valued. Please continue to assist us Gdame and thanks!!

Want to also remind those critical of the poster that his native language, I am certain, is not English. Some manerism and protocol that we are used to (for example starting new threads) maybe different in his environment.

Comment

Originally posted by kikillo View Post
                        Soory about all this?and shuearn if I say "George help" is not because I care only about is opinion but because he is the only that answer my question.So
                        Mike how I do for keep it in one thread?Just every time I have a question I must clik on the button below "REPLY" Am I correct?

Thank you
                        and sorry for the trouble.

Yep! :)

Mike

Comment

Working...
                        X