Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Gdame

Hello Gdame
    I ask to my computers store to make a price for the workstation that you tells me.Now they do not work with asus.And for the raid contollers they work with Areca.So here the configuration that they propose.
    INTEL X38 SATA/DDR3/FSB1333/3PCIe --- High Speed MB
    INTEL Core 2 Extreme QX9650 3.0GHz Processor
    APACER DDR3 2048MB (2 x 1024MB PC10666/1333)
    ATI Sapphire HD 2600 PRO 512GB DDR3 (RTX.2 Approved)
    HDD 250GB 7200RPM S-ATA300 8MB CACHE 11MS
    4 X 500 GB 7200 RPM S-ATA300 16MB (RAID 0)
    Areca ARC1110 RAID Controller - SATA

So,I trust you if you tells me that this configuration it is the same and equal of fast and stabel witch the one that you propose to me,of the other way I must look for another store.But I wait for your answer and your advice.
    I prefer not to change of salesman because I have bought everything by them and I have a good support.Can you tell me if this configuration is more or less expensive of the first you advice to me

Regards
    Francisco

Originally posted by kikillo View Post
    Hello Gdame
    I ask to my computers store to make a price for the workstation that you tells me.Now they do not work with asus.And for the raid contollers they work with Areca.So here the configuration that they propose.
    INTEL X38 SATA/DDR3/FSB1333/3PCIe --- High Speed MB
    INTEL Core 2 Extreme QX9650 3.0GHz Processor
    APACER DDR3 2048MB (2 x 1024MB PC10666/1333)
    ATI Sapphire HD 2600 PRO 512GB DDR3 (RTX.2 Approved)
    HDD 250GB 7200RPM S-ATA300 8MB CACHE 11MS
    4 X 500 GB 7200 RPM S-ATA300 16MB (RAID 0)
    Areca ARC1110 RAID Controller - SATA

So,I trust you if you tells me that this configuration it is the same and equal of fast and stabel witch the one that you propose to me,of the other way I must look for another store.But I wait for your answer and your advice.
    I prefer not to change of salesman because I have bought everything by them and I have a good support.Can you tell me if this configuration is more or less expensive of the first you advice to me

Regards
    Francisco
    Francisco,

The specs you have above may work and may work well but I can not endorse it because I have not confirmed it's performance. The motherboard falls a bit short in that it only has 3 PCIe. The motherboard that I use has 4 PCIe and all are 16x! It also has 2 legacy PCI slots as well.

The CPU is the one I use at the moment :)

The memory may be ok but that can only be determined at test time. I like OCZ, Crucial & Corsair in that order.

The graphics card may be RTX certified but we are not concerned with Matrox compatibility. I do not use ATI cards unless I have to. I prefer Nvidia and there dual monitor desktop management software (NView). The Quadro series cards may cost more, but when my client wants to run After Effects or Avid and many other high end post production tools, they can assure there graphics card will be up to the task and is probably certified to do so!

The 250 GB drive that you spec is 8MB L2, 11ms, The one I use is 16MB L2, 8.5ms.

The 500 GB drive that you spec is 16MB L2, 11ms. The one I use is 32MB L2, 8.5ms

These drives are also enterprise series drives and are designed for 365x24x7 operation. And, come with a 5 year warrantee.

The raid controller you have listed is a PCI-X card and cost more than double the controller that I use. Fine for a server board but I do not like PCI-X inplementation on a non server board. I have discussed this in other threads.

So, after all is this, I could only say good luck! All system builders have access to all of these components. Like I have access to all the components that you listed, so does your builder. They should also be familier with GV Edius certified solutions.

Let me know how you make out.
    George Dame
    Grass Valley / Canopus System Integrator - Nearly 13 Years
    Providing Systems, Onsite Delivery, Support & Training Services Nationwide
    Get Your Copy of The Edius 6 Comprehensive Tutorial by contacting me via PM, email or phone
    Invite us to your local video association for a full demonstration!
    www.editHD.com - 1-877-ieditDV

Comment

Working...
    X