Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    The Anti-Flicker filter is a field-blending filter.

A couple of things you can try:
    1) Reduce your image to video resolution (this will get rid of "shimmer" of fine details coming in and out of existence due to scaling)
    2) Apply a slight blur (this will get rid of fine details again)

Essentially you want to get rid of that fine detail that's either in the original image or being introduced by scaling.

Leave a comment:

• leethomas
    replied
    It all depends on the particular photo or still you're using. Some may benefit from some "stabilization" and some may not need any. I use motion blur set to around 50% or so - you may need to experiment to get it like you want - and then add a bit of sharpness to sharpen it back up. Not too much or you'll have too much edge enhancement and it will look bad. I find this works/looks way better than antiflicker. Just my 2 cents...

Leave a comment:

• Alade
    replied
    Try using field rather than frame capture.....seems to kill the shivers sometimes........works 4 me. BTW, the quatity may fall off a bit.....It is better to use a cheap still camera rather than still captured from video, but sometimes capturing from video is the only option, so I use field capture.

Leave a comment:

• Solitaire
    replied
    Hi,
    Try setting the Anti-Flicker rate to 75% -85% instead of 100%. This will obviously dependant on the amount of flicker involved but I have found that around 80% is certainly sharper than 100% but not as good as no filter, but if you have flicker then you have to decide which is the best of the options.
    Keith

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by Nerfboy View Post
    When I use photos in the timeline, it seems Anti Flicker makes the photos a little bit soft...anyone else find this?

Is it really necessary to use anti flicker? I am just used to using it in older Edius when I take stills from the video (I use 4.51 now).

Maybe photos don't need it and the stills from video do?
    I have posted a way to fix this within Photoshop by way of actions.
    You can find this by using the search tool. It works for me for up to 95-98%
    shimmer removal.
    This is for use within Imaginate, Stage Tools, ect.

Leave a comment:

• Bluetongue
    replied
    There is nothing that can be done in Edius to fix the problem or any other NLE for that matter
    My solution is to use Boris Red with a 1:2:1 pulldown in the project and exporting to a ConopusHQ file for placing on the Time line, this stops the edge pixels jumping back and forth when panned or zoomed and stops the shimmer.
    Sorry it's not cheap but it works for this problem, be aware there is a disconnect between Boris and Edius in Hi Def due to incorrect field order being red by Boris, ok for static filters and stand alone but active filters and transitions have jitter
    Regards Barry

Leave a comment:

• Nerfboy
    started a topic Anti Flicker

Anti Flicker

When I use photos in the timeline, it seems Anti Flicker makes the photos a little bit soft...anyone else find this?

Is it really necessary to use anti flicker? I am just used to using it in older Edius when I take stills from the video (I use 4.51 now).

Maybe photos don't need it and the stills from video do?
Working...
X