Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tingsern
    replied
    Great stuff. It happens all the time :-(. Glad you got your problem licked.

Leave a comment:

• clivew
    replied
    Hi TingSern,
    Thanks for the help - I downloaded the upgrade again this monring and this time the up-grade instal has worked - I am assuming that somehow my earlier download must have been corrupted.
    Best wishes to you all
    Clive

Leave a comment:

• tingsern
    replied
    Clive,

Did you re-install from scratch Windows XP after installing your new motherboard? Or you just replaced your motherboard and then just start Windows? If you re-install ... what method did you use?

Leave a comment:

• clivew
    replied
    Hi TingSern
    The install seemed to go as I would have expected. Edius bombs out as follows - when you click on the desk top Grass Valley icon the programe loads to the point where the various pallets are half visible ie part of each pallet where they should be on their respective displays. Instead of the aplication opening completely the splash screen appears saying that Microsoft has encounted an unexpected error and the application shuts down. Before installing the new Mother Board I was able to run the latest version without any problem. Once again thanks for your help.
    Clive

Leave a comment:

• tingsern
    replied
    At what stage did the update bomb? The device driver stage? Updating EDIUS itself? Procoder Express? etc ....

Leave a comment:

• clivew
    replied
    Thank you very much for your kind reply, I now understand, and this is what I have been doing. Any thoughts on why the upgrade to version 4.6? just bombs out and what I am doing wrong to cause it?
    Best wishes
    Clive

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    The 'more than one output option' dialog box is telling you that you have a choice of OHCI-based presets, and EDIUS NX (NHX-E1) presets. Typically you'd choose a preset belonging to the latter.

Leave a comment:

• clivew
    replied
    Thank you all for your help. I have installed XP Pro 2 on a new Hard Drive, followed by the MB drivers etc., The Nvidia Video Card drivers etc, then inserted the 2 NX Cards and installed Edius Pro 4. Everything works fine, I have 2 Monitors and a Samsung HD TV as the output for the NX overlay. Howerver when I start a project using AVCHD files converted to Canopus HQ I get a message "you have more than one output option. Please select your output option" How do I do this please?
    When I tried to upgrade to Edius 4.65? Edius shutsdown without fully opening and says that the details should be sent to MS. What am I doing wrong for the upgrade to not work?
    Many thanks again for your help, and sorry for the addtional trouble I am causing.
    Clive

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    I should note that it's not a problem if you're replacing a motherboard with the same make/model motherboard. I did that once. Problem is, the replacement board went bad too.

Leave a comment:

• 3chip
    replied
    Replacing MB's

I have replaced two Gigabyte MB's and used the Win XP repair installation and it worked fine.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    Repair install might work, but I'd rather go with guaranteed versus might...

In fact I had to replace motherboards on my desktop system recently and I just reinstalled the OS clean. I much rather know what I'm getting into rather than get going on work and have something bad happen later down the road.

Leave a comment:

• johannesj
    replied
    If you wana use existing windows on new mobo you need to remove all drivers from the system and then re install them.
    But the best is a complite new fresh setup.

Leave a comment:

• SoundFreak
    replied
    Originally posted by Rusty View Post
    My favorite self-healing OS was Win98! It worked every time...
    Very nice statement (and true)

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    I'm surprised your machine started at all! Every time I've tried that (several years ago) would guarantee a BSOD!

My favorite self-healing OS was Win98! It worked every time...

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bill
    replied
    You can try this:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/824125

but I would still rather wipe it clean & re-install XP....just my 2cents

Leave a comment:

Working...
X