No announcement yet.

new workstation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see, the old UIO trick. Still it comes in as more expensive than (say) my older X7DA3 which had onboard SAS.

It will be great to hear how you go with it, thanks for being our bunny. :)
    AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, AMD Radeon 6800XT, 64GB RAM, EDIUS X WG.

Comment

Originally posted by shueardm View Post
      I see, the old UIO trick. Still it comes in as more expensive than (say) my older X7DA3 which had onboard SAS.

It will be great to hear how you go with it, thanks for being our bunny. :)
      I'll hop to it!
      Jerry
      Six Gill DV
      www.sgdvtutorials.com
      If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
      http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
      Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Thanks Gdame

Ok Gdame thank you very very much for the help I going to order this workstation.

Bye

Comment

Originally posted by kikillo View Post
          Ok Gdame thank you very very much for the help I going to order this workstation.

Bye
          You are welcome!

Let us know how you like it when you get it built.
          George Dame
          Grass Valley / Canopus System Integrator - Nearly 13 Years
          Providing Systems, Onsite Delivery, Support & Training Services Nationwide
          Get Your Copy of The Edius 6 Comprehensive Tutorial by contacting me via PM, email or phone
          Invite us to your local video association for a full demonstration!
          www.editHD.com - 1-877-ieditDV

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
            George,
            You will like the one I am researching to build now.
            Let's just say it has an 8 port SAS UIO controller w/battery backup, Seaburg chipset, and dual quad 3.2's, 2 16x PciE 2.0, 2 PCI-x, 2 pci, 1 UIO slot.
            Sounds tempting doesn't it.
            Jerry
            Jerry,

That will be one exotic machine. I have been keeping my eye on the new SuperMicro boards as those are my favorite when it comes to real industrial machines.

My customers are still trying to figure out how to afford new cameras, solid state media, new led lighting, batteries, Blu-ray duplicator/printers, etc.

Soon one of them will ask for a no holes barred system and I will get to build one of those. Let me know how you make out. Keep me posted.
            George Dame
            Grass Valley / Canopus System Integrator - Nearly 13 Years
            Providing Systems, Onsite Delivery, Support & Training Services Nationwide
            Get Your Copy of The Edius 6 Comprehensive Tutorial by contacting me via PM, email or phone
            Invite us to your local video association for a full demonstration!
            www.editHD.com - 1-877-ieditDV

Comment

Originally posted by gdame View Post
              Jerry,

That will be one exotic machine. I have been keeping my eye on the new SuperMicro boards as those are my favorite when it comes to real industrial machines.

My customers are still trying to figure out how to afford new cameras, solid state media, new led lighting, batteries, Blu-ray duplicator/printers, etc.

Soon one of them will ask for a no holes barred system and I will get to build one of those. Let me know how you make out. Keep me posted.
              Depending on my tax refund.....well, you know the rest.
              Jerry
              Six Gill DV
              www.sgdvtutorials.com
              If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
              http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
              Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

For Gdame

Hello Gdame
                I ask to my computers store to make a price for the workstation that you tells me.Now they do not work with asus.And for the raid contollers they work with Areca.So here the configuration that they propose.
                INTEL X38 SATA/DDR3/FSB1333/3PCIe --- High Speed MB
                INTEL Core 2 Extreme QX9650 3.0GHz Processor
                APACER DDR3 2048MB (2 x 1024MB PC10666/1333)
                ATI Sapphire HD 2600 PRO 512GB DDR3 (RTX.2 Approved)
                HDD 250GB 7200RPM S-ATA300 8MB CACHE 11MS
                4 X 500 GB 7200 RPM S-ATA300 16MB (RAID 0)
                Areca ARC1110 RAID Controller - SATA

So,I trust you if you tells me that this configuration it is the same and equal of fast and stabel witch the one that you propose to me,of the other way I must look for another store.But I wait for your answer and your advice.
                I prefer not to change of salesman because I have bought everything by them.Can you tell me if this configuration is more or less expensive of the first you advice to me

Regards
                Francisco

Comment

eSATA

If I use the HP 2310 with two drives in RAID 0, can the other ports be used for eSATA drives?
                  Main Edit Station: Edius 6.02, Gigabyte UD5, i7-950 @ 4.0, GTX 470, 12 GB GSkil, HD Spark, 4 TB RAID0 WD RE Video Drive, 2 TB RAID0 Render Drive
                  2nd Computer: Edius 6.03, Asus P6X58D-E, i7-950 @ 3.07, Radeon 2600, 6 GB Corsair, 1.5 TB RAID0 Video Drive

Comment

Working...
                  X