Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MT02MHT
    • Aug 2007

I have a problem creating quick titles in 4.6

I posted this yesterday but its seems to have slipped under the radar.
    I cannot create any titles using the "T" icon in the timeline window. I can however do this from the bin window. This also applies to TMpro. I have tried a repair and re-install without success. Any advice please.
    Mike T
    Mike Trewhella
    Intel Core i7 processor 3770K 3.50GHz, ASUS Sabertooth Z7 Mother Board, NVidia Graphics card GTX 465, 16GB RAM, Antec 300 case, Windows 7 Ultimate (64), Edius 6.55, Vistitle 2.5
  • vienna1944er
    • May 2007

My englis is not the best.....change my german edius Ui to english UI ... therefore pict. they are international

when you press in the above "pull down" from the timeline >T<
    the marked collumn "Quicktitler" ... it will not open the Quicktitler Window ???

old (but not dead) Hans ;-)
    Last edited by vienna1944er; 03-06-2008, 10:05 PM.
    Edius 5,51 / Edius 6.08 / Edius 6.54(b) / Neo 3.0 / Neo 3.5

Comment

• vienna1944er
      • May 2007

when Edius is opening, and you go to the above marked QT.exe an double click it
      Quicktitler will open or not ??

old (but not dead) Hans ;-)

[EDIT]
      yes, the test and the pictures are from 4.6
      [/EDIT]
      Last edited by vienna1944er; 03-06-2008, 10:22 PM.

Comment

• MT02MHT
        • Aug 2007

Yes Quick titler opens in the Edius directory. It opens in the bin window but it does NOT open in the timeline window.
        Mike T
        Mike Trewhella
        Intel Core i7 processor 3770K 3.50GHz, ASUS Sabertooth Z7 Mother Board, NVidia Graphics card GTX 465, 16GB RAM, Antec 300 case, Windows 7 Ultimate (64), Edius 6.55, Vistitle 2.5

Comment

• GrassValley_BH
          Demystifier/Analogizer
          • Apr 2007

Try Alt-Tab - maybe QuickTitler is behind another window.

Comment

• MT02MHT
            • Aug 2007

Brandon I have tried Alt-Tab and nothing happend. Its as if the T button is dead but not greyed out. The drop down menu appears but NOTHING on it works.
            Mike T
            Mike Trewhella

Comment

• vienna1944er
              • May 2007

when you press in the above "pull down" from the timeline >T<
              the marked collumn "Quicktitler"

the >Quicktitler .exe< is to see in your taskmanager ?? (but not the QT.Windows on your desktop ??

have you try the old rules:
              If you go into your layout settings and choose the default layout you should have everything back

old Hans

Comment

• MT02MHT
                • Aug 2007

Hans I have tried your suggestions.
                On starting Edius checked Task Manager. Edius shown in Applications and processes. Quicktitler shown only in processes. This was before I tried to use Quicktitler. Then I press T on timeline window and again nothing happens on any of the drop down menu choices. Task manager details remain the same.
                Mike T
                Mike Trewhella

Comment

• MT02MHT
                  • Aug 2007

PS
                  I have also tried default layout but it does not correct the fault.
                  Mike T
                  Mike Trewhella

Comment

• vienna1944er
                    • May 2007

I have tried a repair and re-install without success.
                    other shoot in the dark from the "titler-hole".....

repair and re-install do many things, but not changing the "user data"..... maybe it looks therefor eventually for a "corrupt-user"

you can (without risk) rename the >MstrPsDB.tpd< ... attention it is a (from windoof) "hidden" file\folder...
                    the path can you see on the folowing picture.

after rename >> start Edius >> save the project >> closed edius >> it is new (and default) written from Edius himself.
                    exampel-picture from about the above written procedure....

maybe it would help, or help to isolate your problem

per rename the >renamed_MstrPsDB.tpd< to the original name, you coming back to the starting situation
                    (logic ... the (for test) new written >MstrPsDB.tpd< move to a other folder, or delete)

excuse my "gibberish" english ..... friendly greetings from europe\austria\vienna....old (but not dead) Hans

Comment

• MT02MHT
                      • Aug 2007

I have solved the problem by doing a system restore, the unistalling Edius completely re-installing from the orginal Edius 4 disk then updating to 4.6
                      I don't know what caused the problem in the first place but now it seems ok. Thank you all for your help and advice.
                      Mike T
                      Mike Trewhella

Comment

• vienna1944er
                        • May 2007

the unistalling Edius completely re-installing from the orginal Edius 4 disk then updating to 4.6
                        just for fun....and [OT]....UK people are love "Russian roulette" ???.... if I interpret >Boldon Colliery< correct..... ;-)

friendly greetings from europe\austria\vienna....old (but not dead) Hans

Comment

• MT02MHT
                          • Aug 2007

Yup, we like to live dangerously :}
                          Mike T
                          Mike Trewhella

Comment

Working...