No announcement yet.

Unwanted slow-motion footage !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly the same problem !! Meanwhile, I've re-installed Edius 4 Pro. Guess what ? The footage I captured with 4.6 now plays flawlessly, which proves my point that there's nothing wrong with the footage. Also, when i capture new footage in Edius Pro 4, it works just fine. Same camera, same PC. So, I will now just install all the updates that have been published one after the other and see what happens. If you still think it'd be useful to upload the footage, I'll do so.

Glen

Comment

Check the clip properties reported in the working clip. It sounds like v4.6 may be "misinterpreting" certain clips. For example, setting a 50i clip to 25i, etc.

Comment

I upgraded my IDE 133 ATA C:/ drive to a 300 SATA and no change in the slowness of playback. Any places I should be checking for problems? Thanks in advance.
        Last edited by Thomas W. Bethel; 03-18-2008, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Please check the Clip Properties in the Bin.
          You may need to change the framerate and/or interlacing.

AVIs don't have a place to store interlacing or field order, so EDIUS is left to "guess" what is proper.

It makes things a bit more confusing if you're used to just specifying frames per second, because now things are specified as sampling frequency, and interlacing type.

For example, what we "used to" call interlaced SD NTSC DV was 29.97 fps, lower-field first.

Now in EDIUS, it's 59.94 (there are 59.94 samples/second), lower-field (each sample is one field, when it's still 29.97 total frames per second)

What I believe may be happening is that EDIUS v4.6 is setting the rate improperly for your clips, for example, taking a 59.94i clip and setting it to 29.97i. This would result in the clip playing back at (visually) half-speed.

Comment

Half-speed footage

Hi again,

I've checked everything: I capture my footage from a Sony HD-FX1 camera (european version), so I set my project settings to:
            Frame size: 1440 x 1080
            Framerate : 25,00 (25/1)
            Pixel aspect: 1,3333
            Field order: Top field first
            This is the HD 1440x1080/50i preset and I chose the Canopus HQ codec.

When I check the clip in the bin, it has exactly these characteristics. What I see on the time line has exactly the same settings... but everything plays at half speed.

Still, when I look at the clip using another application (e.g. Windows media player), it runs at normal speed.

It's exactly the same phenomenon as mentioned by Thomas W. Bethel. Meanwhile I tried uninstalling everything, installing 4.6 directly, same thing. It's driving me nuts. Mind you: I have been using this hardware without any hitches until two weeks ago. Could it be that some automatic Windows update thing screwed up the system ???

Someone has a clue ??

Glen

Comment

Try changing the clip's properties in the Bin to frame rate 50 and see if it plays back properly.

Comment

I just tried that. It looks a little better, it's still in slow motion, but not as slow as before. I tried 60 fps too, but is still isn't normal.

Thanks for the help anyway. Does anyone have another tip ??

Glen

Comment

Without samples everybody who is trying to help is looking in to a crystal ball. :)

Any samples?

Steve
                  Last edited by SRsupport; 03-14-2008, 04:01 AM.
                  Steve
                  EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
                  A proud EDIUS EDITOR
                  For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

http://rapidshare.com/ ....simple ...easy... quick ... without "sexy offers"

I suppose (hope) with english OS\location , the site will coming with english interface on your desktop
                    (on my Desktop it coming in german language...)

Please, eventually can a UK or USA user this link, to answer the "language question" from this site
                    ( for my future know, about the internationally usability from this site)

greetings from europe\austria\vienna ... old (but not dead) Hans
                    Edius 5,51 / Edius 6.08 / Edius 6.54(b) / Neo 3.0 / Neo 3.5

Comment

I think this all has to do with our pro sound cards. We are using RME and a Lunx One audio cards.

Info here http://www.lynxstudio.com/lynxonebrochure.html and http://www.rme-audio.de/old/english/digi96/digi968.html

The only computer that it runs correctly on has a Realtek HD sound card built into the computer MOBO and that is our office computer.

As far as I can see that is the ONLY difference between the four computers that we tried this on. The office computer runs it fine (both versions Neo and the full version) The mastering room computer does not run it smoothly and has an RME card in it. The Video Computer has an RME in it and our rendering computer has the Lynx One card in it and neither one runs it smoothly. Is there something that is tying the sound card to the video?

Three of the computers use NVIDIA cards with all the drivers up to date the Video computer used an ATI card with all the drivers up to date.

I would like to get to the bottom of this ASAP so I can make a decision as to purchasing your EDIUS program.

Thanks in advance for any assistance in this matter. Let me know what additional information you need from me.

Thanks also for all the help so far.
                      Last edited by Thomas W. Bethel; 03-18-2008, 01:55 PM.

Comment

I haven't checked the models but are the cards clocked/synced ?
                        If so how.
                        Last edited by SRsupport; 03-14-2008, 06:03 PM.
                        Steve
                        A proud EDIUS EDITOR
                        For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Originally posted by vienna1944er View Post
                          http://rapidshare.com/ ....simple ...easy... quick ... without "sexy offers"

I suppose (hope) with english OS\location , the site will coming with english interface on your desktop
                          (on my Desktop it coming in german language...)

Please, eventually can a UK or USA user this link, to answer the "language question" from this site
                          ( for my future know, about the internationally usability from this site)

greetings from europe\austria\vienna ... old (but not dead) Hans
                          It does open in English.

Comment

Originally posted by SRsupport View Post
                            I haven't checked the models but are the cards clocked/synced ?
                            If so how.
                            Yeah I'm thinking along the same lines... something to do with the timing here... Either the hardware or the driver is fiddling with the timing and messing with whatever clocking EDIUS uses.

Comment

Yip that is what I think.

Most professional audio cards let you specify the framerate/hz. (some have nice profiles, Dv 48 ect)
                              Some go by autosense from external (master clock).

Maybe that should be checked that framerate and hz are matching the Edius project settings.

That's why it is important to know how the cards are setup.

Steve
                              Last edited by SRsupport; 03-15-2008, 01:45 AM.
                              Steve
                              A proud EDIUS EDITOR

Comment

We tried various things with our sound cards including putting them on AUTO SYNC, MASTER and WORD CLOCK and got the same results. We even tried to feed them a 48K word clock to see if that would make any difference and it did not. I have been in contact with Grass Valley and have talked to Bryant from tech support and he is GREAT at solving problems but he has come to the same conclusion as we have and that is it is the machines with pro sound cards that do not play nicely with EDIUS. I guess I have decided NOT to get into the EDIUS program since it will not work with our machines. Vegas 8.0 works GREAT with our machines and we have no problems with it. It is too bad since I think that EDIUS could have offered us some nice advantages but I guess it was not in the cards (pun intended). I will wait for the 4.6 demo to come out in mid April and see if that works any better. Thanks for all the helpful suggestions.

Bryant did suggest that we remove the pro sound card from one of our machines but I am afraid to do that with the fear that it might not work when put back and we need the AES inputs and outputs for our audio mastering and restoration work. Thanks again....
                                Last edited by Thomas W. Bethel; 03-18-2008, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X