Another question about Broadcast dongles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another question about Broadcast dongles

The recent discussion about how many dongles is required to run EDIUS Broadcast has me thinking.

If you have to have 2 dongles Pro and Broadcast both installed then we come to an interesting situation.

What happens when you want to upgrade for version 5?

If you get a upgrade from Broadcast 4 to Broadcast 5 how many dongles then?

If you just have to replace the Broadcast dongle with the new one, doesn't that then allow a slightly cheekish way of upgrading from Pro 4 to Broadcast 5 at a cheaper price? Or do we need to have all three dongles installed? Ha, that would cause some waves.
    VIDEODESK AUSTRALIA http://videodesk.com.au

Considering no such product has been confirmed or announced, it's a bit hard to answer questions over licenses, upgrades and dongles.

But with that said, I am comfortable that the EDIUS licensing program will transition smoothly, whichever path is taken.

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
      Considering no such product has been confirmed or announced, it's a bit hard to answer questions over licenses, upgrades and dongles.

But with that said, I am comfortable that the EDIUS licensing program will transition smoothly, whichever path is taken.
      The one thing that I have an issue with is the Size.

Thank You for making it small but the Hole in it is soooo small it really cannot be added to a dongle lanyard easily. I just want to make it very hard to loose. when traveling.

Other than that here is my first video edited with Edius Enjoy. I LOVE Edius

www.thealienheads.com
      ---------------------------------------------------
      Edius 4.6 Broadcast, FCP Studio, MacPro 8 Core, (Currently using 8800GT) ATI 2600

Comment

Working...
      X