X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• michaeltobias
    replied
    Hi again.

After I installed an older version of Photoshop (7.0) my alpha problems seemed to go away as long as I opened the bad alpha files (which were created in CS2) and then saved in the older Photoshop version. I'm not sure exactly why it works now, but I'm very happy it does. Thanks forum for all your help!

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    It seems to me that there are 2 main issues with 4.6;
    1. The time expired warning pops up and you are unable to use Edius
    2. You have trouble capturing with Edius.

There have been a few BSOD problems, but they have been few and far between. I would create a back up and then a restore point and then try 4.6 If you don't have the main problems it may help.

As an aside, I think there are less than 10 replies on Kenneally's post asking some specific questions for people that have the Edius expired problem. Is it that small of a number or are people just not participating? And if not, why?

Leave a comment:

• michaeltobias
    replied
    After updating my Quicktime I find I am still having a Photoshop alpha channel issue. Maybe if I just reinstall Photoshop it will put things back to the way they were.

Because I have been reading about problems with Edius 4.6, I have stayed with 4.5. Does anyone think making the move to 4.6 will help?

Thanks for your help.

Leave a comment:

• michaeltobias
    replied
    I have always saved the graphics as psd files. Is a 32bit tga file a better fit for Edius? I will also check my QT version and get the 7.4.1 update because I don't remember the last time I updated - it could very well be 7.4.0. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks forum!

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_CP
    replied
    Also, be sure you have the QuickTime 7.4.1 update. Version 7.4.0 had some serious problems, and I think I remember reading somewhere on the forum last month that this was one of the problems caused by 7.4.0.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    are you saving as psd or 32bit tga?

quicktime player needs to be installed for all images to work in Edius, it may also be a corrupt QT player

Leave a comment:

• michaeltobias
    started a topic Photoshop Alpha Trouble

Photoshop Alpha Trouble

All of a sudden my Photoshop graphics - created to be keyable - are not being accepted into my Edius bin. I am getting a message that says something like "Not Saved With A Composite Image". I'm making the graphics like I always have - and some of my older ones still work, but not any of the new ones. Is anyone else having this kind of problem? Thanks for any input!
Working...
X