Xvid encoder and PCE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xvid encoder and PCE

I downloaded the xvid codec/encoder and try to encode directly from edius timeline with PCExpress, all fine so far, it shows up in procoder and I can set all parameters in it, but when I click start encoding, PCE closes down and no encoding is happening, so what have I done wrong ?
    I also downloaded XMPEG from there I have no problem encoding a vob file...
    Seemed to have something to do with fraunhofer audio codec, used uncompressed, all fine...
    But another problem, I can´t get it letterboxed 4x3, how do i do that ?
    Last edited by Ludde; 03-04-2008, 03:23 PM.
    A computer with a lot of stuff in it :)

Originally posted by Ludde View Post
    I downloaded the xvid codec/encoder and try to encode directly from edius timeline with PCExpress, all fine so far, it shows up in procoder and I can set all parameters in it, but when I click start encoding, PCE closes down and no encoding is happening, so what have I done wrong ?
    Are you using the latest XviD codec? (1.1.3)

Make sure that you disable the "Display Encoding Status" option within the XviD control panel.

What other parameters are you using? (I tend to switch things to the unrestricted/user defined settings for full flexibility)

Comment

Yes, it is the latest, downloaded it today, I was setting the parameters in PCE, 640x480 at 25 frames/second, used pcm uncompressed 44100/16 bits..
      Doesn´t seem to work with rhozet mp3, ( i know i said fraunhofer, wrong of me )...I leaved the display ratio untouched in pce, and all came out 4x3 letterboxed...I then use the file/size slider to get down in file size.....Everything seem to work now, except the audio encoder....

Comment

Well, normally I'd use the LAME MP3 encoder, but in this case, switch the audio to ACM and then choose the MPEG Layer 3 option from the drop-down underneath. This should fix your mute audio.

(from memory, the PCE MP3 encoder doesn't know how to mux in with DirectShow files it doesn't know about out of the box)

Comment

I have lame mp3 encoder installed, but it doesn´t show up in PCE, where do I install it to be used with PCE ?, in pce folder ?.

Never mind, found out here...
          http://users.tpg.com.au/mtam/install_lame.htm

Thanks !!
          Last edited by Ludde; 03-04-2008, 09:29 PM.

Comment

I have the same problem. The Rhozet mp3 encoder does not work. A file, csdsshowcodc.dll, is missing from the installation.

Comment

Working...
            X