Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shueardm
    replied
    It's not necessary for running EDIUS alone. It's still a hotly debated topic around the globe. There is a list of driver specific settings with each Quadro card that written especially for many programs like Lightwave, Maya, 3dsMax, After Effetcs, AutoCad etc etc a big list.

Leave a comment:

• xmanflash
    replied
    Why would anyone buy a Quadro card over a standard Geforce card?

They are $850 here in australia, compared to $180 for a 8600GT which is a fantastic little card!

Leave a comment:

• skier-hughes
    replied
    I have nvidia 8500gt 256mb with my pcie nx.
    All works fine.

Graham

Leave a comment:

• Alter Ego
    replied
    I have been using an ATI X1300 Dual DVI 512 MB card with no problems so far. Vitascene works just fine. I may switch to a Nvidia card because a couple of programs I have are tested with Nvidia.

What is the best bang for the buck with an affordable Quadro or Geforce card?

Leave a comment:

• gdame
    replied
    Originally posted by PaulTV View Post
    so a Quadro FX1700 will be OK ? does Xplode work with this card I wonder?

Paul
    Paul the FX1700 works fine. Though if you are running 32bit XP and have 4 gigs of RAM then you will lose some available memory according to windows.

Brandon BH, did an indepth post on this subject a while back, you could search for it.

But Yes, it does work well.

Leave a comment:

• PaulTV
    replied
    so a Quadro FX1700 will be OK ? does Xplode work with this card I wonder?

Paul

Leave a comment:

• shueardm
    replied
    Yeah Quadro FX 1500 and 3450 both tested with NX and work really well, both single slot cards which is good.

Leave a comment:

• gdame
    replied
    Quadro cards have always excelled in compatibility and designed to work with many of our software tools specifically. There are lower end Quadro cards that may work fine. There is a Quadro FX370 with 256MB DDR2 and dual DVI-I though only one DVI port is dual link. This is a less than $150. card.

I will tell ya what, I just ordered one and will try it on an NX build later next week. Can't wait that long? Then order one and give it a go. If it does not work out, return it, that's what I will do!

As far as hanging on to GPU optimized software. That is all well in an SD world. But things are a changing and HD, IT workflow, Blu-Ray tools and faster CPU's are the future. So, jump on board..................or don't!

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by STORMDAVE View Post
    I have a Mac Pro and the graphics card is a X1900...works perfectly with the NX.

I would recommend a 8800GT just in case you need to use GPU heavy effects like Vitascene in the future...however, Xplode Pro will/might not work with this card, so be wary...Maybe someone can chime in of a recenty ATI card that will work ok with Vitascene and EDIUS and Xplode Pro.
    Yeah Dave, I had the 1950x in the big system and it worked fine with Vitascene and Xplode pro. Not RT, but with buffer prefill it was fine. I replaced it with my FX1500 because of ATI not wanting to play well with others. I have it in the Decklink machine now.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by xeberdee View Post
    FX 1500 is expensive compared to HD2400 (I know the use it in the turnkey)

Why all the luxury?
    Surely Edius doesn't even use the possibilities of such a card?

Is it really necessary? What do you need Open Gl for with Edius?
    Do you use AE as well as Edius? This is where you will see the difference.

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    I have a Mac Pro and the graphics card is a X1900...works perfectly with the NX.

I would recommend a 8800GT just in case you need to use GPU heavy effects like Vitascene in the future...however, Xplode Pro will/might not work with this card, so be wary...Maybe someone can chime in of a recenty ATI card that will work ok with Vitascene and EDIUS and Xplode Pro.

Leave a comment:

• Imagine Video
    replied
    I have no idea But My 3d graphics and title package love it and edius's overlay is fine with it

and I got it from ebay for less than my HD3850 SO WHY NOT HAVE IT should be the question from my point of view........

I see though if you are buying it retail............:-( little point and if you are not doing any other graphics work

Leave a comment:

• Stereodesign
    replied
    I have two NX systems, one uses a Nvidia 7300GT with 256Mb, the other a 7600 with 512Mb.
    Can't tell the difference between them.

Leave a comment:

• xeberdee
    replied
    FX 1500 is expensive compared to HD2400 (I know the use it in the turnkey)

Why all the luxury?
    Surely Edius doesn't even use the possibilities of such a card?

Is it really necessary? What do you need Open Gl for with Edius?

Leave a comment:

• Imagine Video
    replied
    QUADRO FX 1500 in a system with NXe

Because Gdame said they were good:-) and they are a tidy single slot card

and

A saphire HD3850 512mb 256bit card because it works and it was cheap and its a single slot card and does not cover up any of my other pcie slots.

Both cards support open GL the Quadro more so

Leave a comment:

Working...
X