Info overload

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info overload

I think I might have answered my own earlier question!
    Good grief. I should stop reading before I get even more confused. Please tell me that I am wrong: If I edit in HD, then I must view in HD? If I want the best SD output, should I not edit in HD and convert to SD at the end of the process? It sounds like the monitor output has to match the project format which means a new monitor.

Edit in HD - view in HD ... YES. That is the only way you can see all the "problems" that are introduced during editing.

Best SD output - YES - Edit in HD first ... then convert to SD at the last possible stage.
    TingSern
    --------------------------------------
    Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

Originally posted by tingsern View Post
      Edit in HD - view in HD ... YES. That is the only way you can see all the "problems" that are introduced during editing.

Best SD output - YES - Edit in HD first ... then convert to SD at the last possible stage.
      I do not have the funds to buy a HD monitor at this time. Is it possible to edit in HD and view output in SD? I can't seem to make it so.

Thanks

Comment

Not possible. Because once you choose a HD profile in EDIUS, the signals output by NX is HD - and a SD TV cannot see that signal.
        TingSern
        --------------------------------------
        Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

Originally posted by tingsern View Post
          Not possible. Because once you choose a HD profile in EDIUS, the signals output by NX is HD - and a SD TV cannot see that signal.
          Thanks for a definite answer. Now I have to sell something to support my habit.

JoJo

Comment

Working...
          X